Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2015-2016
I cant wait to watch Leslie and Buckhorn battle for the Three Rivers Conference Championship this year. Will be a war.
indian66 Wrote:I have coached and refed in the 14th region for 20 years and it really distrubs me read all the post on here about recruiting. The KHSAA is going to have to step up and stop all this or high school basketball faces RUIN.

Too late! Very few basketball teams are a true representation of their schools anymore. It's such a well known fact, too and nobody seems to care. How obvious does it have to be if, in Harlan County, I hear of the recruiting stories? I know of more than one player that played in the 14th region whose first language wasn't English.

Personally, I think that's tragic.
HDE Wrote:Last I heard, JBS didn't have the two bigs guys anymore. That will probably knock them out of the top 10.
I'd put Knott second or this with Perry first.

Question would be - where did they go? Are they playing at another school in Kentucky or 14th region? I haven't heard about this one. Does anyone have an update? I personally thought these two players would make JBS a district contender and get a shot in the region.
The Weatherman Wrote:Has Cordia heard any news about a change in status? Personally, I hope they get to play. They provide the 14th with another quality team to compete for the regional title. Good luck to you.

I haven't heard anything about this situation. According to the KHSAA website, looks like they have about 15 games scheduled. I would guess that they will not be eligible for any type of post season play. However, this is only a guess.
indian66 Wrote:Is he as good as I hear????

He should be a strong interior presence this year for Knott. The player that is on my radar is Combs. I've read a lot about him really improving his game and becoming physically stronger. If he can lead the youth on this team, then they should compete well this year.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I cant wait to watch Leslie and Buckhorn battle for the Three Rivers Conference Championship this year. Will be a war.

I agree. Anytime these two teams take the floor against each other, the best comes out. It will be a fun year of 14th region basketball.
Coach Noble does a very good job with his players and is a well respected coach in the region.Crank,Hoskins,Blank,and Boggs return and will be a team to watch for.District is very good this year with Perry,Hazard,Leslie,and Buckhorn.I'm giving Perry the edge.
I look for Leslie County to pull some big upsets this year. They are big, strong, and fast and have a coach with a ton of energy.
Knott will be led by Austin Combs who is very explosive this year.Isaac Caudill has another year under him and is an experienced player as well.Gannon and Branson Couch will contribute as well as Landon Noble.Key player for Knott will be Cameron Jones in the middle.Dalton Cornett is a very good shooter and ball handler as well.Andrew Shrum may have suffered another setback with his knee so with a limited bench,this will be key also starting off the season.Knott should be in the top 3 of the region but everything is speculation at this point.
JBS still have the 2 big guys and they also got the Branham kid from Phelps. I look for them to be a top contender in the region.
The_Rock Wrote:I look for Leslie County to pull some big upsets this year. They are big, strong, and fast and have a coach with a ton of energy.

and a losing record
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/sjb42.jpg] Leslie coach has some energy but not tater voltage baby! There's always next year but Eaglets have said that for years baby! More mash taters please!!!
Freeze Wrote:JBS still have the 2 big guys and they also got the Branham kid from Phelps. I look for them to be a top contender in the region.
[Image: http://cdn3.gurl.com/wp-content/uploads/...nnoyed.gif] More mash taters please!!!
Freeze Wrote:JBS still have the 2 big guys and they also got the Branham kid from Phelps. I look for them to be a top contender in the region.

If this is the case, then JBS will compete in the region. Do you have any information on the Branham kid? I don't know anything about him. Does JBS have a bench when they get into foul trouble?

Coach Justice is putting it together. Congrats!
The Branham kid is a junior. He was the main player at Phelps and what I like about him is he's a team player and can play the 1,2,3 and 4 position. I heard he was about 6`4. I heard they got a couple of other players so that should make them about 8 deep which is good for JBS. I heard they lost to PCC by 3 this summer and beat Letcher by 5 but you know how summer ball is LOL.
The Branham kid stats must improve at end of year. Because the first four games he struggle scoring.
How is Breathitt gonna be this year? I know they have a few decent players in Little and Baker but who else will they have this year? They have a dandy little middle school team.
14th is prob weakest region in state this year. But it is wide open and will be fun to watch
zonebuster Wrote:Knott will be led by Austin Combs who is very explosive this year.Isaac Caudill has another year under him and is an experienced player as well.Gannon and Branson Couch will contribute as well as Landon Noble.Key player for Knott will be Cameron Jones in the middle.Dalton Cornett is a very good shooter and ball handler as well.Andrew Shrum may have suffered another setback with his knee so with a limited bench,this will be key also starting off the season.Knott should be in the top 3 of the region but everything is speculation at this point.
Seen Combs play this summer yes he has bulked up, but has lost a step. Has a hard time of creating against athletic teams and really struggles to guard on the perimeter.
bradc Wrote:14th is prob weakest region in state this year. But it is wide open and will be fun to watch
Must have forgotten how weak the 15th is??