Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual transfer season predictions
I think based on talent alone KCC will be number one. If my Lady Dawgs play together and except their role on this team, we could be hanging around at the end.
I totally agree,but I think the team we had coming back would have been just as good with out the hired guns! If everyone wants the ball an all about gets points then we lost before we start. Remember success in summer ball is fools gold , a lot of team don't have there full team present an it more like playing 5 on 5 pickup games! Pcc went undeafted at transy, but I bet money , that that bunch is not taking that stuff for granted, most teams like Pcc,lcc with really good coaching staffs don't even run the same plays at summer ball they do in season.
I agree with the "hired guns" comment. At first I was really excited about getting S and T, but after watching a few games this summer I'm not sure if we will be a better TEAM with them or not. According to Fatpat the KCC girls are going back anyway.
Most highschool teams if there lucky have two really good players an most have just one! So they handle ball an get most of the shots, an the rest usually play defense,rebound an get easy buckets an make there free throws have sucessful years, but most players don't want to rebound an play defense ! So there's goes your team chemistry! An fighting among thereselves an then the parents, so by midway through the season , the coaching staff can't wait for the season to end! Hey it happens all the time!!
Thought it was strange that KCC and PCC fans weren not complaining. That's going to be a to awkward deal if she goes back to KCC..
I heard over the weekend that KCC has asked T to reconsider her move to the Lady Dawgs. I'm not sure about the facts, that info came from one of her relatives. Also, there may be some concerns with eligibility. It's not as easy to jump schools as it used to be.
Not as easy as when? Last year?
I don't think I've ever seen it easier.
Parrothead Wrote:It looks like the lady bulldog fans are really living a fantasy. With the players they have, average little point guard in caudill, no inside game at all(Holland)???, the girl they may or may not get from perry (Sturgill) who is a good shooter but not much else, Muha & Walker who are decent role players and not much else I don't even see them contending for the all a region. They have no size, no inside game and have shown no real promise in post season play that they can move into the top 5 in the region. Their record of 32-53 under Brashear against a weak schedule and no trips out of the district is not reason for optimism. Looks like the usuals, Knott, Leslie, Breathitt, Perry, and Letcher.

you must not watch a lot of basketball if you think that caudill is an average little point guard. all state honorable mention as a seventh grader and as for hazards record you have to look at where they started from. brashear took over a team that won 5 or 6 games and now they are at least in the top 5 in the region. that's pretty good
People in the 14th Region sure don't menace words when it comes to transfers whether they're legit or not. Most of the time stuff like that is kept quiet
Knotts coach don't want her back from what I'm hearing
After leaving an playing another for team , if he's is any kind of a coach he wouldn't take her back . But We are talking about kids and I hoping she gets to play somewhere.
Its a shame that adults put her in a position like she is in. UNREALISTIC with their expectations and not the best attitudes. It's my understanding that she has been given more of an opportunity than most of the other girls in her class, probably more than deserved , according to one of their own staff. With the talent Knott has they can play seven or eight that will be just as affective in helping them win ballgames, especially if Harrison is back.
hitter Wrote:Knotts coach don't want her back from what I'm hearing

According to who?
I am sure glad my Lady Cougars aren't being talked about. All we do is win three Region titles and the only transfer we had was year one. Other than that we play with home town players.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
hitter Wrote:Knotts coach don't want her back from what I'm hearing

I heard the same thing today SHE doesn't want her back.
It's a shame, but Hoopster I think you are right about the "coach comment". I would have never believed it. Almost losing Thornsberry over that situation may wake them up.
smokey bear Wrote:Wow, opinions are just that , so i'll share mine. So many kids are jumping schools for the wrong reasons. We have got to stop this trend. Loyalty and appreciation is nonexistence with a lot of parents today. I would hope that Sturgills parents realize what Randy did for her this past season. She should stay put. Hazards coach better step up and get control of his team before its to late. There are some parents at Hazard getting tired of their kids being put to the back burner, so all the attempted recruits can come in and take playing time from kids who have been there since day one. Thornsberry ain't going anywhere, I was sitting right behind Cougars bench two years ago when KCC beat Jenkins with two starters out and played us in championship game, Thornsberry came out of dressroom saying she didn't want to play at KCC anymore and her parent told her she didn't have to play at Knott,,,still there. I hear she should have started for any 14th region team.

Fattestpat Wrote:Fatpat said the same thing last year and is just trying to get people worked up. And the best gift KCC could get is a set of brakes for that Jada train!! I'm hearing Thornsberry won't be at KCC for them to bring her off the bench and I hope she does leave. She's a heck of a ball player and the kid deserves better.

sports00 Wrote:Hazards assistant coach is trying to recruit players from other schools. He's already recruited the Thornsberry girl from Knott and the girl from JBS! They've been going to open gym at Hazard. I'm not happy with him! He's messing up the starting 5 to make his daughter the star and these new players don't understand that. hazard already has enough players. I wonder who he's after next. I didn't think this was allowed.

killerb Wrote:Don't think jpc or you have any say so in it...

easternky Wrote:I heard over the weekend that KCC has asked T to reconsider her move to the Lady Dawgs. I'm not sure about the facts, that info came from one of her relatives. Also, there may be some concerns with eligibility. It's not as easy to jump schools as it used to be.

Hoopster007 Wrote:I heard the same thing today SHE doesn't want her back.

Here is the way it lays out, bottom line. Not taking a side either way.

1. Kid not happy with amount of playing time she was getting at Knott. Believed that she should have played ahead of other players last season. Reference to blame. That may of happened. Kid may be fully warranted in her belief.

2. She played summer ball with Hazard with full intentions to transfer this year.

3. Met with Hazard Admin and didn't get the feedback she wanted.

4. Now it's decision time - go back to Knott and deal with the outcome of playing summer ball with Hazard or lose a year of eligibility and transfer elsewhere.
Tough decision to make. You would have thought those conversations with the administration would have taken place much earlier. So now you've got a kid at Hazard who lost time this summer because of the lack of communication early.
Kids don't transfer without parental consent (or prodding) This isnt a player problem. it's a parent problem. Sounds like they are more concerned with playing time and glory then the team being successful.
Da Truth Wrote:Here is the way it lays out, bottom line. Not taking a side either way.

1. Kid not happy with amount of playing time she was getting at Knott. Believed that she should have played ahead of other players last season. Reference to blame. That may of happened. Kid may be fully warranted in her belief.

2. She played summer ball with Hazard with full intentions to transfer this year.

3. Met with Hazard Admin and didn't get the feedback she wanted.

4. Now it's decision time - go back to Knott and deal with the outcome of playing summer ball with Hazard or lose a year of eligibility and transfer elsewhere.

You are right on 3 of 4 . Kamryn was never unhappy with her playing time. She started several games( KCC won every game she started) and was first off bench when she didn't start. This started when an assistant coach blamed her for Knott losing to Leslie in regional tournament.
ProudPanther Wrote:Kids don't transfer without parental consent (or prodding) This isnt a player problem. it's a parent problem. Sounds like they are more concerned with playing time and glory then the team being successful.

You have no clue. Kamryn is ultimate team player, unselfish, had rather get an assist than points, hates to lose, but since you know so much about her, you already knew this!
Ultimate team players don't leave their team because an assistant coach offended them.
Hoopster007 Wrote:I heard the same thing today SHE doesn't want her back.

Hoopy my boy, ole fatpat will take care of everything. Tomorrow, we will be having a group hug to sort it all out and to show everyone this is just part of JPC's espionage plan. The plan was so good it even fooled bopo.

[Image:

]

More mash taters please!!!
Fatpat you might want to check with Coach Honeycutt and Coach Hall before you head back to KCC. Even coaches as nice as those two get tired of hearing the threats to leave. Eventually they'll tell to go on.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/18pr46.jpg] Bolz,ole JPC summed everything up during the meeting brutha! Simple psych technique! Player A is here but gone because never left was still here there and back=part of the plan! SMH. JPC is a genius! Ole Fatpat didnt understand a word he said but Patriot spirit was high baby! Taters were shaba! #jpcmastermind More mash taters please!!!