Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Majority Muslim City Council
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:In Jefferson's rendering for his devotional, anything unexplainable by human reason was edited out. I quoted Jefferson because I was asked to, and your cocksure, revisionist bs notwithstanding, the quote was chosen at random from the reader and not for any debate purpose other than to let BS know I wasn't bluffing about having read a decent amount of primary source material. You don't get to wade in, "Donnie" right in the middle of the story. "You're out of your element."

I apologize for wading in. You have a point there for sure but then, you are speaking about the state of this nation. I can assure you that I have a vested interest in it's future and here's a couple of things that I am cocksure about.

First would be that although the joy bells rang in liberal heads the day Obama ascended, it will take more than 8 years of revisionist lies and liberal distortions to completely bury the actual truths about the things that happened in this world prior to 2008. So you know what you can do with that revisionist double speak, I was there, I know.

Second, I have read Jefferson, and every time you rip off one his purported stances we have disagreed that you had any part of your argument right. BTW, I never let a progressive define my element for me. And I can tell you this about Seger. From what I perceive about your aspirations in life, Seger has was there and done that far ahead of you. So you might want to show a little respect. But, that's just me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I apologize for wading in. You have a point there for sure but then, you are speaking about the state of this nation. I can assure you that I have a vested interest in it's future and here's a couple of things that I am cocksure about.

First would be that although the joy bells rang in liberal heads the day Obama ascended, it will take more than 8 years of revisionist lies and liberal distortions to completely bury the actual truths about the things that happened in this world prior to 2008. So you know what you can do with that revisionist double speak, I was there, I know.

Second, I have read Jefferson, and every time you rip off one his purported stances we have disagreed that you had any part of your argument right. BTW, I never let a progressive define my element for me. And I can tell you this about Seger. From what I perceive about your aspirations in life, Seger has was there and done that far ahead of you. So you might want to show a little respect. But, that's just me.

The "Donnie" reference was from a movie, in which "Donnie" would jump in mid-story, to which another character would say, "Donnie, you're out of your element."

You see Jefferson, it seems, as far more evangelical than I believe the private record bears out. You see in Jefferson, it seems, a far larger role in government for religion than I do. Jefferson, too, was a politician, so, in my view, his selling points to the public are often a bit at odds with his private writings and thoughts as Thomas Jefferson the private individual.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:In Jefferson's rendering for his devotional, anything unexplainable by human reason was edited out. I quoted Jefferson because I was asked to, and your cocksure, revisionist bs notwithstanding, the quote was chosen at random from the reader and not for any debate purpose other than to let BS know I wasn't bluffing about having read a decent amount of primary source material. You don't get to wade in, "Donnie" right in the middle of the story. "You're out of your element."

Yeah, that really done it for me, Urban Cowboy. I am way more than dazzled....I googled quotes by Thomas Jefferson and about a thousand of them popped up...Technology sure is neat, aint it?
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah, that really done it for me, Urban Cowboy. I am way more than dazzled....I googled quotes by Thomas Jefferson and about a thousand of them popped up...Technology sure is neat, aint it?

How convenient for you, Bob. It seems the internet is your friend. I'm glad Al Gore invented it. I have no reason to distort a decent amount of reading Jefferson. I also am no expert on Jefferson. I have had a copy of TTJR about ten years though. I recommend it.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The "Donnie" reference was from a movie, in which "Donnie" would jump in mid-story, to which another character would say, "Donnie, you're out of your element."

You see Jefferson, it seems, as far more evangelical than I believe the private record bears out. You see in Jefferson, it seems, a far larger role in government for religion than I do. Jefferson, too, was a politician, so, in my view, his selling points to the public are often a bit at odds with his private writings and thoughts as Thomas Jefferson the private individual.

I must have missed that one.

No I don't see Jefferson in evangelical terms at all. But that does not mean that he did not understand the concept of sovereignty. I don't believe there is any role in government for religion at all in fact, but I do believe there is in our time, a role in government for Godly men to fill. And that's the problem with revisionist judgments made on behalf of Jefferson's sted with the Almighty. His letter addressed to the Danbury Baptists proves he was not exactly shallow in his thoughts and understanding of The 'Creator.'

The liberal/progressive seeks to deny the founders were God fearing men of conviction. Far from it in my view. I mean, try and feature what part men like Ben Rhodes and Alan Combes would have played in our founding.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I apologize for wading in. You have a point there for sure but then, you are speaking about the state of this nation. I can assure you that I have a vested interest in it's future and here's a couple of things that I am cocksure about.

I appreciate the kind words TRT....Some of these libs really get off on their imaginary cerebral superiority junk. It's a barrel of fun watching them.....Confusednicker:
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:How convenient for you, Bob. It seems the internet is your friend. I'm glad Al Gore invented it. I have no reason to distort a decent amount of reading Jefferson. I also am no expert on Jefferson. I have had a copy of TTJR about ten years though. I recommend it.

Now aint you just the cat's meow.:Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote:Now aint you just the cat's meow.:Clap:

Well, actually I'm just a dude who actually has a copy of TTJR that he's read. Nothing particularly interesting about that. Or special. But it's true.
TheRealThing Wrote:I must have missed that one.

No I don't see Jefferson in evangelical terms at all. But that does not mean that he did not understand the concept of sovereignty. I don't believe there is any role in government for religion at all in fact, but I do believe there is in our time, a role in government for Godly men to fill. And that's the problem with revisionist judgments made on behalf of Jefferson's sted with the Almighty. His letter addressed to the Danbury Baptists proves he was not exactly shallow in his thoughts and understanding of The 'Creator.'

The liberal/progressive seeks to deny the founders were God fearing men of conviction. Far from it in my view. I mean, try and feature what part men like Ben Rhodes and Alan Combes would have played in our founding.
In that day and time perhaps he may have been able to pull off his chosen profession that he failed miserably at here in modern times..He couldn't cut it at being a stand up comedian in the 80's, so he became a liberal talk host....When you think about it, he really didn't change professions, as it's about the same thing.

Hey, maybe he could have become the Bob Hope of The Revolutionary War and entertained the troops at Valley Forge.

I'll just bet that ole Urban Cowboy has his greatest hits collection that they ran that special on the other night, on one of those 3:00 AM Time-Warner infomercials..
TheRealThing Wrote:I must have missed that one.

I concur with much of what you say here. I agree that the Founder's believed a strong nation needed a people whose morals and laws were rooted in the Divine.
They also believed in freedom of conscience. Thus, a "tension" between the good of a life and government rooted in religious principle and the freedom to choose otherwise has existed in our country from the get-go.
Bob Seger Wrote::lmao:

I think you pretty much summed it all up with that JP...

He's got democratic presidential candidate credentials, don't you think?

No doubt!Confusednicker:
TheRealThing Wrote:Second, I have read Jefferson, and every time you rip off one his purported stances we have disagreed that you had any part of your argument right. BTW, I never let a progressive define my element for me. And I can tell you this about Seger. From what I perceive about your aspirations in life, Seger has was there and done that far ahead of you. So you might want to show a little respect. But, that's just me.

Could that be the case, or could it be.......

I had to do it. Confusednicker:

[YOUTUBE="Ronald Reagan: "I knew Thomas Jefferson""]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMpdOf_MuUE[/YOUTUBE]
For the same reasons the Constitutions gives Christians fits on some issues, it will also protect them from Majority Muslim cities imposing their will.
Don't fool yourself. There will be Muslim placed in this country strategically but the terrorist left, and that's why this election is so important. SCOTUS is the number one issue here. Cant let the dems have SCOTUS.