Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Starns be allowed to return?
NEXT Wrote:Is Meeks a BOE Members, Administrations, or donors son?

No hes not. He works hard and loves the game. He got to come back because Starns had realized it wouldn't be fair for him to quit, then comeback and not give Meek a second chance for doing exactly the same.
Still Starns quit. He gave up on his team. If I was a member of the administration he would not been allowed to come back. Starns is IMO a QUITER and I hope his negative attitude does not rub off on his players.
Mr.Mister Wrote:No hes not. He works hard and loves the game. He got to come back because Starns had realized it wouldn't be fair for him to quit, then comeback and not give Meek a second chance for doing exactly the same.
Starns is not the one that made that call.
rooster Wrote:Starns is not the one that made that call.
Give us the real story Rooster. Sounds like you have alot of insight.
Nike Man Wrote:Give us the real story Rooster. Sounds like you have alot of insight.
Nope and Yep.
Mr.Mister Wrote:No hes not. He works hard and loves the game. He got to come back because Starns had realized it wouldn't be fair for him to quit, then comeback and not give Meek a second chance for doing exactly the same.

If he "loves" the game so much he woulda never quit to begin with.
rooster Wrote:Nope and Yep.
Good deal....
Redneck Wrote:If he "loves" the game so much he woulda never quit to begin with.

You cant tell me he doesnt love the game. Come on. Get real. Basketball was that kids life. He quit because he let his emotions get ahead of him, and before he knew it, he had made a call that he couldn't change and he regreted it. He couldnt bear sitting out the Sheldon Clark game. Thats wheres he is from. Those are his old friend that he grew up with. He came to Starns MANY times after that, even when Starns had told him he would absolutly not be allowed back on the team.
rooster Wrote:Starns is not the one that made that call.

I see now.
But rooster... Dont you think Starns would have let Meek back on the team after what Coach had did, if it was in his hands??
Mr. Sports Wrote:Still Starns quit. He gave up on his team. If I was a member of the administration he would not been allowed to come back. Starns is IMO a QUITER and I hope his negative attitude does not rub off on his players.
:moon: IMO it is the players and parents who have negative attitudes.I pray for them both and hope it will never rub off on Starns. He is to good of a coach.So don't let them pull you down to their level coach.
brokencard Wrote:I personally think that Coach Starnes has every right to be tired of being the puppet of JCHS administration. It is my understanding that it was left up to the boys if they wanted him to finish out the season. I think it was a good decision to ask him to finish up this year. I DO NOT AGREE with the decision to vote and let JESSE MEEK come back!!!!!!!! His bad temper and rebelious attitude will be even more of a blow to the JCHS team. If Meeks should be allowed to come back then why not Senoir Zac Sargent? Or the Dillon brothers? Why not let back all those who couldn't even make it past the tough practices and quit then? The Administration at JCHS should be ashamed of themselves for everything that has transpired this past season. If you hire someone to coach then let them coach! If you let the parents and those who make monetary donations runthe team instead, then you are doing nothing but ruining what little bit of respect you have left! Whoever it is that is the ring leader of this circus better be getting things smoothed over fast before the ball team looses what little support they have left!!!!!!!!!

:dontthink

About the vote... "It is my understanding that it was left up to the boys if they wanted him to finish out the season"..... Even though the players did take a vote to let Starns return, wether it had any effect on the actual decision reamins a pensive mistery. I KNOW FOR A FACT, well over the majority of the team voted "No" meaning for him not to return as coach. Zac Sergent did not want to return to the team. Neither did anyone else who quit. Only Jesse Meek. It may would even stirr up even more craziness everywhere at JC if they had not let Meek back on the team.:Thumbs:
srs Wrote::1: No one was complaining last year about Starns and the team. Everyone is HAPPY when (winning).Starns is the adult and he has his rules and will not put up with bull---- .That is why he only has 14 players because the kids don't like rules. A coach has to have these in order for the kids to know that he will not tolerate bad behavior. If everyone posting this stuff is from the 15 region no wonder the kids have attitudes and don't like discipline!:Cheerlead I'm cheering for Starns hang in there buddy

I dont understand these rules you are talking about. It isn't the rules. If it was, every team in the state would only have 16 players IN THEIR TOTAL PROGRAM (16 including Meek and the injured player). Are the rules that much stricter at JC??? I think not. Its a different factor than the rules...

I hope Mark Starns pulls through though... I'm not dissing Starns, but "the rules" you speak of, is not the reason he has so few players.
Mr.Mister Wrote:I dont understand these rules you are talking about. It isn't the rules. If it was, every team in the state would only have 16 players IN THEIR TOTAL PROGRAM (16 including Meek and the injured player). Are the rules that much stricter at JC??? I think not. Its a different factor than the rules...

I hope Mark Starns pulls through though... I'm not dissing Starns, but "the rules" you speak of, is not the reason he has so few players.
Then what is it?
I think the move Starns made was CLASSLESS. I don't know the man personally so I will not coment on that, but from a profesional stand-point that is about as low as you can go. What are you teaching the kids that if times get rough and somthing isn't fair just quit? Is that going to get it done in the real world? Will that work at a job when things don't go as planned? As a coach the most important thing is and always will be providing the kids with a good role model and stability. I know JC is full of politics, and they can be hard on a coach (look at what they did to Trimble) but that is no reason to leave this kind of statment to a a group of kids. Like I said before I don't know the man personally (and I don't know the circumstances) but from a profesional stand point there was nothing correct about what he did.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:I think the move Starns made was CLASSLESS. Like I said before I don't know the man personally (and I don't know the circumstances) but from a profesional stand point there was nothing correct about what he did.
Without KNOWING the circumstances, how can any of us have an intelligent opinion???
Especially enough to callout Class.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Without KNOWING the circumstances, how can any of us have an intelligent opinion???
Especially enough to callout Class.

I was very careful not to say that Starns was classless, but his move (the leaving of the team) was classless. I said I didn't know the circumstances and that is why I didn't call the individual classless only the move.
:dontthink How can you say you don't know anything about a situation then say it was a classless act that the coach made?I think you are a classless person and have some type of problem with JC.If you want to talk about classless coaches just look at Sheldon Clark and their coach they have now and the one before him!!! I researched your post history and have discovered you have a problem with Crum and his transfering from Sheldon Clark to JC.I guess that explains your problem with JC and why you are always downing their basketball program the way you do.I can't wait to the Eagles thump the Cardinals again for the third time this year when they play them in the 57th District Tournament!! Poor Poor Poor Sheldon Clark!!!! :Thumbs:
EYES ON YOU Wrote::dontthink How can you say you don't know anything about a situation then say it was a classless act that the coach made?I think you are a classless person and have some type of problem with JC.If you want to talk about classless coaches just look at Sheldon Clark and their coach they have now and the one before him!!! I researched your post history and have discovered you have a problem with Crum and his transfering from Sheldon Clark to JC.I guess that explains your problem with JC and why you are always downing their basketball program the way you do.I can't wait to the Eagles thump the Cardinals again for the third time this year when they play them in the 57th District Tournament!! Poor Poor Poor Sheldon Clark!!!! :Thumbs:

WHOOAAAA.... Now that's somethin to brag about Smile .
Personally, I think we should just let it run it's course and let happen whatever happens. Dad always said, "The more you stir something the worse it stinks"! This is just my opinion and no I am not from JC, nor do I have anything against them. Let the kids play and have fun and don't put them in the middle of the turmoil. Like in Vegas, let it ride and see what happens, if it's broke the administration can fix it in the off season. Just my opinion.
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:I was very careful not to say that Starns was classless, but his move (the leaving of the team) was classless. I said I didn't know the circumstances and that is why I didn't call the individual classless only the move.
OK, without KNOWING the circumstances, how can any of us call the move classless???
FOX SPORTS Wrote:OK, without KNOWING the circumstances, how can any of us call the move classless???

This is true FOX SPORTS, I don't understand how, or maybe I should since to many of us believe what fits our own agenda and who we think should be in a position or how we think it should be handled. Chances are you DONT know all the circumstances if any.
I don't think coach Starns made a classless act and I sure don't think he is a classless person.
cardsfan Wrote:I don't think coach Starns made a classless act and I sure don't think he is a classless person.
He quit and them lied about it in the newspaper. Does that sound classy to you ? What about all of these morals he is supposedly so stringent about. Sounds like it only applies when it does not concern himself.
rooster Wrote:He quit and them lied about it in the newspaper. Does that sound classy to you ? What about all of these morals he is supposedly so stringent about. Sounds like it only applies when it does not concern himself.

Ditto:Thumbs:
EYES ON YOU Wrote::dontthink How can you say you don't know anything about a situation then say it was a classless act that the coach made?I think you are a classless person and have some type of problem with JC.If you want to talk about classless coaches just look at Sheldon Clark and their coach they have now and the one before him!!! I researched your post history and have discovered you have a problem with Crum and his transfering from Sheldon Clark to JC.I guess that explains your problem with JC and why you are always downing their basketball program the way you do.I can't wait to the Eagles thump the Cardinals again for the third time this year when they play them in the 57th District Tournament!! Poor Poor Poor Sheldon Clark!!!! :Thumbs:

Where have I ever one time said anything negative about Crum? I don't think it was the best move, but I hold no ill will towards it. He did what he and his family thought was right. The only problem I have with JC is that they are making the rest of the 15th region look bad. They have one of the most talented teams in the region, yet have a losing record. All of the politics in Johnson County are making the region as a whole look bad in the eyes of the rest of the state. They deserved to be downed after being picked in the top 5 in the region by almost every single person, and being closer to the bottom 5.

The last time JC beat SC it was by 5 in double overtime. WOW what a thumping! Smile

The main reason I down their program the way I do is because of the way they did Trimble. He was one of their own and they turned their back on him. To me that is wrong every way it is sliced. A county boy deserved better than that IMHO.
cardsfan Wrote:I don't think coach Starns made a classless act and I sure don't think he is a classless person.

Agreed.:thumpsup:
I think he should be allowed too