Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 2018
GreysHeadline Wrote:No change in the schedule that has been posted on KHSAA. Could be another long year in Tiger Town, but that's okay basketball has already started back! BANG! DDE

I think it'll be a different year for the Tigers. Coach Sizemore has 40+ in the weight room right now, another year of experience. I bet they surprise some people!
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:I think it'll be a different year for the Tigers. Coach Sizemore has 40+ in the weight room right now, another year of experience. I bet they surprise some people!

What instead of losing by 50 you will only lose of 40?

Tiger Nation knows its basketball or nothing. Just ask Glenn Gray.

:foreveralone:
MikeHonchoLives Wrote:I think it'll be a different year for the Tigers. Coach Sizemore has 40+ in the weight room right now, another year of experience. I bet they surprise some people!

:beg:...........:biglmao::lmao::Thumbs::nope:
Clay will have some good skills this year. But the real talk is who's gonna play quarterback Gilbert or Hacker? both can play out wide and both are very athletic.
they can win more than 2 the tigers will be tough this season
Tigers1498 Wrote:Clay will have some good skills this year. But the real talk is who's gonna play quarterback Gilbert or Hacker? both can play out wide and both are very athletic.

It don't matter who's at Qb or WR when all they do is hand that there ball off.
Tigers1498 Wrote:they can win more than 2 the tigers will be tough this season

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, nope!

I think they win Atleast 3-4 this year from everything I’ve heard they are a tad better than last year already. Rough schedule still but I like their chances to improve on last season.
3 or 4 isn’t good enough.good luck tigers. Find a way.
Clay County looks like they are on the path back, if they can get 3-4 it would be a successful year compared to where they have been for the last decade or so.
CCFOOTBALL1 Wrote:3 or 4 isn’t good enough.good luck tigers. Find a way.

Lol, I have done some crazy things in my time, but that right there is a crazy statement. Haha. Me and my uncle papaw (twice removed) from Clay Co. WV use to do some dancing back there in the day, so I always keep up on teams in WV. Me and Mamie want to know who they should win on, fancy pants?
So you mean to tell. West/East Jess, Perry and Russell are that much better than us. We can’t sneak up on anyone else on that schedule??
I’m sorry. Can we strive for 500?
CCFOOTBALL1 Wrote:I’m sorry. Can we strive for 500?

You can starve all you want to but it ain't healthy. Sue Bob tried that once before a big show and about died. She made good money though. But anyway 2 of them teams you named put the mercy clock on the triggers, and the them other 2 teams, you have to play on the road. They say that Jessie team has a KU recruit, he must be pretty good if the electric company wants him.
CCFOOTBALL1 Wrote:So you mean to tell. West/East Jess, Perry and Russell are that much better than us. We can’t sneak up on anyone else on that schedule??

No, but you can't say that you are that much better than them either or that those should be wins, there is nothing credible to base that assumption on. 3 of those teams had winning records last season and one is a consistent district champion.

No they won't.
walterwhite Wrote:I will stop posting about the schedule, and we will see this fall! I won’t come back and say I said so.

I guess you aren’t coming back to say you said so! Schedule is the same.
BTP Wrote:I guess you aren’t coming back to say you said so! Schedule is the same.

Hey, I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong. It will be next year before the schedule eases up. I jumped the gun by a season.
walterwhite Wrote:Hey, I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong. It will be next year before the schedule eases up. I jumped the gun by a season.

Should be a much more manageable schedule compared to what they have now.
The Tigers will get better, they was already more competitive last season. If your coach gets a couple hoopers out like he did at Bracken County and follows that same blueprint I don't expect the Tigers to be down long!
How did Clay County do in the EKU 7 on 7?
PHSForever Wrote:How did Clay County do in the EKU 7 on 7?

Had wins over Bryan Station, Breathit County, Ashland 1, and got beat by Pikeville in the semis.
GTownDevil Wrote:The Tigers will get better, they was already more competitive last season. If your coach gets a couple hoopers out like he did at Bracken County and follows that same blueprint I don't expect the Tigers to be down long!

Lack of support and interest will keep that program down for many years to come. Just talk to anyone from that area, it’s basketball. Basketball. With a side of basketball.

I do believe they have some kids and talent in that area to be somewhat competitive. They just need to pour more money and support to get the kids to come out and play.
I like where the Tigers are headed. Numbers seem up and some athletes are out from other sports this summer, key to success in rural EKY schools. The Black and Gold will be back before you know it.
I believe the tigers are going in the right direction with the current staff, they've had like 6 coaches in 8 years, no program anywhere can withstand than kind of change/turnover. I say give Sizemore and his staff 5 or 6 years and the tigers will be back. Population of Clay is withering and I look for Clay to eventually stabilize and be a 2 or 3A team.
Hogsnot Wrote:I like where the Tigers are headed. Numbers seem up and some athletes are out from other sports this summer, key to success in rural EKY schools. The Black and Gold will be back before you know it.

Will be back or will ARRIVE??
I think the Tigers will ARRIVE for this area, no reason they can't consistently compete with 90% of the teams around here. They compete well in every other sport, just need consistency in football when they have had consistency they've been pretty good in the past.
Any predictions for the evenings events