Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reese Smith committed to West Virginia
FoSho Wrote:Don't base your opinion on last years semifinal game. Lanter had the stomach flu and an IV at halftime.

But I agree, no minds are going to be changed based upon this thread. Besides, it's about Reese Smith.

My opinion is just that but I seen enough of Lanter at his best in the state title game that I don't need to see anymore.
FoSho Wrote:None of the Boyle Co kids were on the media Allstate team which was a joke. The coaches (Courier-Journal) is the one to pay attention to.

I usually agree with about everything you post on here FoSho, but not this one. I agree as far as none of Boyle's kids not being on the media team was BS. I can name three, Smith, Lanter, and Kelly, that should make it somewhere on any list. But to say the media team is a joke I dont agree with that at all and here's why. The media team was the only one that Belfry's Ethan Wolford made, he made second team. And to be honest, I thought he should have been 1st team on that list. But he was no where to be found on the C.J. list. Is he the best offensive Center/Lineman in the State? I won't say that. But I'll never be convinced that he's not good enough to be atleast 2nd team or at the very least Honorable Mention on the Carrier Journal team. Wilson Kelly, who I think is one of the best D-Lineman in the State, told Wolford that he was the best he'd faced and that's saying something coming from a D-Lineman from Boyle who's seen some good ones. And yeah, it probably seems like I'm just a disgruntled dad crying. You seen him play last year when Belfry and Boyle County played, do you think he should have been left off the C.J. team? That's why I dont agree with what you said. I feel the same way about the Carrier Journal as you do the media team. But I wont say the C.J. isnt legit because, for the most part, they got it right. But not completely. Again, not having a single Boyle kid on the media team cant be justified either. But it is what it is. It's like everything else, politics plays a role in all these polls and teams. Its impossible to satisfy everybody. I think both teams left players off that should have made it, it's the nature of the best, but you just cant say one is a joke and should just be ignored. Alot of those media selections was legit.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I usually agree with about everything you post on here FoSho, but not this one. I agree as far as none of Boyle's kids not being on the media team was BS. I can name three, Smith, Lanter, and Kelly, that should make it somewhere on any list. But to say the media team is a joke I dont agree with that at all and here's why. The media team was the only one that Belfry's Ethan Wolford made, he made second team. And to be honest, I thought he should have been 1st team on that list. But he was no where to be found on the C.J. list. Is he the best offensive Center/Lineman in the State? I won't say that. But I'll never be convinced that he's not good enough to be atleast 2nd team or at the very least Honorable Mention on the Carrier Journal team. Wilson Kelly, who I think is one of the best D-Lineman in the State, told Wolford that he was the best he'd faced and that's saying something coming from a D-Lineman from Boyle who's seen some good ones. And yeah, it probably seems like I'm just a disgruntled dad crying. You seen him play last year when Belfry and Boyle County played, do you think he should have been left off the C.J. team? That's why I dont agree with what you said. I feel the same way about the Carrier Journal as you do the media team. But I wont say the C.J. isnt legit because, for the most part, they got it right. But not completely. Again, not having a single Boyle kid on the media team cant be justified either. But it is what it is. It's like everything else, politics plays a role in all these polls and teams. Its impossible to satisfy everybody. I think both teams left players off that should have made it, it's the nature of the best, but you just cant say one is a joke and should just be ignored. Alot of those media selections was legit.

There is no question that Wolford should have been on the C-J list. I shouldn't have been so point blank. Both teams left kids off. In general, I believe the C-J is a better representation but without a doubt there were kids left off.

No harm intended toward your son but the reason I mentioned it at all is a couple of the media picks were way off base and out of left field COMBINED with ZERO BOYLE CO KIDS...is ridiculous.

Good luck to your son! Maybe we'll cross paths this spring at a camp or two.
FoSho Wrote:There is no question that Wolford should have been on the C-J list. I shouldn't have been so point blank. Both teams left kids off. In general, I believe the C-J is a better representation but without a doubt there were kids left off.

No harm intended toward your son but the reason I mentioned it at all is a couple of the media picks were way off base and out of left field COMBINED with ZERO BOYLE CO KIDS...is ridiculous.

Good luck to your son! Maybe we'll cross paths this spring at a camp or two.

I know you meant nothing by it my friend. Just wanted to add that I think both should be looked at. And you are right about that, quite a few of the media picks were headscratchers and way the hell out in left field, and a couple of the picks cant even be justified.