Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Coach BB King
(12-20-2022, 10:15 PM)wannacat Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 10:47 PM)wannacat Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 03:26 PM)roundballer Wrote: BB is a good man. May not have always agreed with his coaching techniques, but he is more than just a coach. I truly wish he had retired after winning that last regional title and spent the rest of his life doing other things he enjoyed and spending time with family and friends. Coaching is stressful, and he has done his time, he doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. Knott saw he needed to retire, they saw the decline in how he was able to coach and the things he was able to do with the kids. It’s more than just showing up to practice and games. He just wasn’t able to give what the kids needed. No fault to him, sadly, just how it was.

Breathitt had a great, healthy coach, that was able and willing to give the kids what they needed. Still shocked they let John go. Maybe it’s not the coach that’s the problem, just saying.
Don’t blame the powers that be for running off Noble.  Barely above .500 in the time he was there.  I just think they made a bad choice for his replacement.  I have empathy for BB but, with that being said, these kids need a capable coach.  I feel their a better team with Sperry on the bench. Yes, I said that.

(12-20-2022, 09:56 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: RIP coach. One of the best ever in the 14th.
Did he pass?

Yes.