Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg - 62 Betsy Layne - 57
Watermelon32 Wrote:listen, i dont know how old the kid is, i dont even know the kid's name, it doesnt even matter. all i said was that the pep section didn't throw it. and i highly doubt any bl fan is just going to throw something on the floor after that happened? what was it something like, "we scored, let's celebrate by throwing a pop bottle on the floor". no.. you dont do that. it was completely accidental

The game was stopped after Josh Head fouled Michael Burchett, then the bottle was thrown onto the floor. Burchett hit both, Hall hit the two technicals, then on the Blackcats possession Stephens was fouled to give the Blackcats a 1 or 2 point lead.
Congrats to P-Burg on the win. And as for the bottle incident, thats the past now. Just get over it, no one can change it now. Great season to the Bobcat seniors as well! Wish it was longer!!! And best of luck to P-Burg!!!!
either way, it was a sad ending
blackcat_student Wrote:The game was stopped after Josh Head fouled Michael Burchett, then the bottle was thrown onto the floor. Burchett hit both, Hall hit the two technicals, then on the Blackcats possession Stephens was fouled to give the Blackcats a 1 or 2 point lead.

:notworthy, Thank You for clearing this up...Best of Wishes to P-Burg...
I sure am glad that fan from BL screwed the cap on the bottle before they slung it on the floor. We would have never got that game over with Pepsi all over the floor!!!
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:I sure am glad that fan from BL screwed the cap on the bottle before they slug it on the floor. We would have never got that game over with Pepsi all over the floor!!!

Smile Would've been a little bit difficult!!
Watermelon32 Wrote:listen, i dont know how old the kid is, i dont even know the kid's name, it doesnt even matter. all i said was that the pep section didn't throw it. and i highly doubt any bl fan is just going to throw something on the floor after that happened? what was it something like, "we scored, let's celebrate by throwing a pop bottle on the floor". no.. you dont do that. it was completely accidental

First of all, the bottle was thrown onto the floor after the foul was called on the Head kid, he went up to block a shot by Burchett, and got some body. Second, I beg to differ about this whole kid scenario you have.....i spoke to someone from bl today....a very reliable source, mind you.......and he told me he was standing right beside the man who threw it......so i can assure you that no kid threw the pop bottle onto the floor, and that it wasn't merely an accident
Chazz Michaels Wrote:First of all, the bottle was thrown onto the floor after the foul was called on the Head kid, he went up to block a shot by Burchett, and got some body. Second, I beg to differ about this whole kid scenario you have.....i spoke to someone from bl today....a very reliable source, mind you.......and he told me he was standing right beside the man who threw it......so i can assure you that no kid threw the pop bottle onto the floor, and that it wasn't merely and accident

It's all coming together now:Thumbs:..
blackcat_student Wrote:The game was stopped after Josh Head fouled Michael Burchett, then the bottle was thrown onto the floor. Burchett hit both, Hall hit the two technicals, then on the Blackcats possession Stephens was fouled to give the Blackcats a 1 or 2 point lead.

Actually Stephens hit the first one to tie it up, and missed the second one......lol.....juss thought id correct ya....Big Grin......
well myyyyyy baddddddddddddddddddd. im very sorry that im such an unreliable source. all i said was that it wasn't the bl pep section.
Chazz Michaels Wrote:First of all, the bottle was thrown onto the floor after the foul was called on the Head kid, he went up to block a shot by Burchett, and got some body. Second, I beg to differ about this whole kid scenario you have.....i spoke to someone from bl today....a very reliable source, mind you.......and he told me he was standing right beside the man who threw it......so i can assure you that no kid threw the pop bottle onto the floor, and that it wasn't merely and accident

Whom ever the person is they should publically apoligize to the Betsy Layne Bobcats!
Chazz Michaels Wrote:Actually Stephens hit the first one to tie it up, and missed the second one......lol.....juss thought id correct ya....Big Grin......

Yeah, it would have been nice if he would have hit it...:p
blackcat_student Wrote:Yeah, it would have been nice if he would have hit it...:p

It would've made things easier on his team, that's for sure.....but he did go 8-10 from the line.....so i think we can cut him a lil slack....Big Grin.....
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Whom ever the person is they should publically apoligize to the Betsy Layne Bobcats!

I agree..But, an apology dont get the Bobcats there season back...
uhavenoidea Wrote:I agree..But, an apology dont get the Bobcats there season back...

Nothing will do that, so all is left is to come clean. I would hate to be that person. I sure hope it was not a family member of a player...
Watermelon32 Wrote:well myyyyyy baddddddddddddddddddd. im very sorry that im such an unreliable source. all i said was that it wasn't the bl pep section.

It's okay, i never said you were an unreliable source, nor did i say it came from the bl student section.....had i not heard from my source earlier today who threw the bottle, i could've very easily believed you...... :Thumbs:
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Nothing will do that, so all is left is to come clean. I would hate to be that person. I sure hope it was not a family member of a player...

It was:eek:..I really do feel sorry for the fella..
Chazz Michaels Wrote:It would've made things easier on his team, that's for sure.....but he did go 8-10 from the line.....so i think we can cut him a lil slack....Big Grin.....

Yeah, thats one thing this team has on the other Blackcat teams in the past... We can hit free throws.

I'm currently knocking on wood now.Big Grin
whodey85 Wrote:listen i know the games over and congrats to the blackcat players u palyed ur butts off and hit a lot of big shots but to clear up what happend with the bottle it wasnt thrown by a kid ...a man slamed the bottle on the bleacher and when that happend it bounced out of his hand and landed on the floor beside the bleachers it was not inside the lines of the court and then the ref who was walking to the scores table to report the foul kicked it accidently as he walked by onto the court the ref even came over to me and told me he kicked it and it was ok it was an accident then the ref who was on the other side of the court pelphry i think came over and called a technical foul

Sorry, I was there and I'm not buying that story, even though that is the longest sentence I ever read.:confused:
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:Sorry, I was there and I'm not buying that story, even though that is the longest sentence I ever read.:confused:

Smile
whodey85 Wrote:listen i know the games over and congrats to the blackcat players u palyed ur butts off and hit a lot of big shots but to clear up what happend with the bottle it wasnt thrown by a kid ...a man slamed the bottle on the bleacher and when that happend it bounced out of his hand and landed on the floor beside the bleachers it was not inside the lines of the court and then the ref who was walking to the scores table to report the foul kicked it accidently as he walked by onto the court the ref even came over to me and told me he kicked it and it was ok it was an accident then the ref who was on the other side of the court pelphry i think came over and called a technical foul

one big flaw with your story, had an official kicked the bottle onto the court he wouldve told the other officials that he had while they met in front of the score table, he wouldnt have just "let it slide". And, you honestly expect us to believe that someone hit the bottle on the bleacher, then (due to the condensaton on the bottle, i suppose) had it slip out of his hand, fall right beside the court, and then an official came by and kicked it with such force that it flew all the way across the court to p'burgs bench?......come on man.....
whodey85 Wrote:sorry i didnt punctuate didnt know u were my english teacher.....and umm im not sayin bl would have won and like i said congrats to pburg but thats what happend i talked to the ref i was on the floor

I'm glad I am not your english teacher, sorry to offend you. Just funnin' a little bit. To be honest I don't think the refs knew exactly what happened. But it was obvious where the bottle came from. I was in the endzone and had a very clear view. There is video on this and I have seen it......at least two TV stations have this. Again, this person should apoligize to the kids @ BL. I wish you the best. The BL seniors deserved better.......
BeaverCreek Connection Wrote:I'm glad I am not your english teacher, sorry to offend you. Just funnin' a little bit. To be honest I don't think the refs knew exactly what happened. But it was obvious where the bottle came from. I was in the endzone and had a very clear view. There is video on this and I have seen it......at least two TV stations have this. Again, this person should apoligize to the kids @ BL. I wish you the best. The BL seniors deserved better.......

yea i agree with u there in the end no matter how it got onto the floor it left someones hand out of anger and shouldnt have .....theres no way to change this i just wish it wouldnt have happend...that way win or lose i could have felt as if our play alone decided the game it would have been easier to take
lol Wow! If that bottle was kicked by that ref he should go try out for the nfl to be a kicker. Smile
I think this statement just doesnt make sense. If the bottle landed on the floor beside the bleachers and not in the lines on the court, how could the official who was walking to the scorers table to report a foul have a chance to kick it? I have never seen a official walk beside the bleachers to do that. They always go more to the half court circle like they are supposed to. Also, why would a official tell you and only you that it was a accident? I guess he might have stepped on your foot or something walking out of bounds to report a foul or something.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
its over now!!! seriously people, it's over. tonight's game was a good night though Smile