Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do people think Powell County will do this season?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Forfeiting district play... the only thing they are playing for is their record. No playoffs, no district championship, no State Championship. Not the kids fault...
THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG...........
Why ???? because NIECE said this on a post. If you don't know you really shouldn't coment. Powell is in a district. NIECE is tho only one on here to say Powell is forfeiting district play. This is not correct at all.
how can you compete in a district and not play everyone in the district, let harlan county play down and then let powell do what they want to do, sets a bad precedent,
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Really doesn't matter since they aren't playing for anything now....
:mad:guess because Niece said so............... Sorry EKU but he's assuming because this is not correct.
NIECE Wrote:You can't compete in a DISTRICT and not play every team. IF you could Powell would be 0-1 already in district play and have to beat Estill and Fleming and hope the other teams beat HCHS. You are playing for a record, the best of 10. I hope the kids are not being fooled by this, the administration should know better. Back to the topic, I look for a 5 or 6 win season, only in my opinion. Morgan, Lewis, Betsy Layne are gimmees, should get a win against Jackson Co. and Walton-Verona with the young kids Powell has returning. Possibly a win against Berea, those are the 5 or 6 I look for them to beat. Breathitt, Bath, Estill, and Fleming will be too strong, they return about all from last year and word from Breathitt is the Q.B. may be the best one to come out of there before it is over and he will only be a junior. Breathitt lost 3 or 4 players and Estill lost maybe a couple, none that will hurt them though, Estill that is.
Your not correct at all............. AS USUAL!!!!
Don't get on here and try to bash player's hopes, You really are posting FALSE INFO. here.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Really doesn't matter since they aren't playing for anything now....
Terrible attitude....
Even if a team was non-district, They still have something to play for.
Mabey they love football, Love playing the game. Any kid who has the guts to sacrifice every day after school while his buddies are out cruising 'round town is PLAYING FOR SOMETHING. Even if a team was non-district, I would never say a team is playing for nothing! That still tells me that sacrifice, dedication is important or mabey even more important to a non-district team.
To me that says alot if a team knows they're non-district but practice, condition and work every day when they know they can't go to the playoffs.
YOUR ALWAYS PLAYING FOR SOMETHING!
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Your not correct at all............. AS USUAL!!!!
Don't get on here and try to bash player's hopes, You really are posting FALSE INFO. here.

Actually I am more correct than you will ever know. I know that your coach called HCHS coach and ask if the date was still open, because, here it comes, you CAN'T compete for a district unless you play every team. So as of yesterday, you all will play HCHS and thankfully for your kids be able to compete for a district. As I mentioned before, the KHSAA has RULES, and even you have to follow! I don't see how I am bashing the kids, I pick them to win 5 or 6, the only basher and negative person is you! If you would like a copy of the KHSAA rules and by-laws I would be glad to send them too you! When you have been around football for 30 years or so, you learn the rules and what you have to do, unless you want to be an independant, non district school! :Thumbs: So again, listen to this closely, I look for a 5 or 6 game winning season, that would equal or be the best ever at Powell. Your team don't need to read negative comments from their own people.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG...........
Why ???? because NIECE said this on a post. If you don't know you really shouldn't coment. Powell is in a district. NIECE is tho only one on here to say Powell is forfeiting district play. This is not correct at all.

They are back in the District as of yesterday!!!:letsparty Niece was right, sorry Perfect. They are working on the Walton-Verona buy out and may not have to pay it. It is funny, you bash me constantly and you are the one who ends up being wrong! Keep saying what you want about me, but I have been around football longer than Powell has had a program. :Thumbs:
MR.PERFECT Wrote:THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG...........

No, IT WAS TOTALLY RIGHT . Use your own advice, if you don't know don't talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o
launchpad4 Wrote:Because Cawood cancelled the game when everyone thought they were going to play a 5A schedule. Then they scheduled Walton Verona. Then KHSAA ruled that instead of playing in the proper class they would play Cawood's schedule. I guess someone was upset they weren't going to get the Mercer treatment and reversed their original decision. Now Powell is waiting on a ruling by the KHSAA to determine what will happen. As of now nothing is certain, so the speculation that some bitter members have is just speculation.

Dude, I would expect a better response from you than the "Mercer Treatment". Yes they hired a great coach, no they do not have the talent that Harrodsburg alone had (if you put all 3 schools together), not counting Mercer coming off a 10-2 season returning everyone. But congrats, HCHS coach said yesterday he had just got off the phone w/ your coach and they were going to work it out and you will be competing. There are really some bitter members on here, if you want to know the rules, you just have to read them. For the record, did I use to know you? And what does Perfect have against NIECE? :eek:
methodtothemadness Wrote:how can you compete in a district and not play everyone in the district, let harlan county play down and then let powell do what they want to do, sets a bad precedent,

YOU CAN'T!
NIECE Wrote:Actually I am more correct than you will ever know. I know that your coach called HCHS coach and ask if the date was still open, because, here it comes, you CAN'T compete for a district unless you play every team. So as of yesterday, you all will play HCHS and thankfully for your kids be able to compete for a district. As I mentioned before, the KHSAA has RULES, and even you have to follow! I don't see how I am bashing the kids, I pick them to win 5 or 6, the only basher and negative person is you! If you would like a copy of the KHSAA rules and by-laws I would be glad to send them too you! When you have been around football for 30 years or so, you learn the rules and what you have to do, unless you want to be an independant, non district school! :Thumbs: So again, listen to this closely, I look for a 5 or 6 game winning season, that would equal or be the best ever at Powell. Your team don't need to read negative comments from their own people.
The thread is about ' How Powell will do this season?
But you like to get on here and state you know for a fact what our coach is doing.
You need to leave this up to our coach and the KHSAA. Don't know how you get your wealth of info. you assume to have. Frankly, I think your going a little too far as to say you know for a fact who our coach is calling.:thatsfunn
NIECE Wrote:Dude, I would expect a better response from you than the "Mercer Treatment". Yes they hired a great coach, no they do not have the talent that Harrodsburg alone had (if you put all 3 schools together), not counting Mercer coming off a 10-2 season returning everyone. But congrats, HCHS coach said yesterday he had just got off the phone w/ your coach and they were going to work it out and you will be competing. There are really some bitter members on here, if you want to know the rules, you just have to read them. For the record, did I use to know you? And what does Perfect have against NIECE? :eek:
HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THIS, YOU DON'T!!Smile Smile
NIECE Wrote:They are back in the District as of yesterday!!!:letsparty Niece was right, sorry Perfect. They are working on the Walton-Verona buy out and may not have to pay it. It is funny, you bash me constantly and you are the one who ends up being wrong! Keep saying what you want about me, but I have been around football longer than Powell has had a program. :Thumbs:
why don't you call coach and tell him what he's going to do next NIECE, You obviously know more about Powell's situation then any human being could possibly know.
WOW! Can you move objects with your mind??? What number am I thinking??
Truly amazing how you get info. before the people who are trying to obtain it get it.
Can you like start a fire with your thoughts???TongueirateSho Smile
Good job guys!Rolleyes

Another one closed because people cannot help but be immature and sarcastic.