Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Sep. 21)
NEXT Wrote:Massey says Belfry - 39 vs. Lawrence - 22..........

:please:Massey also said Shelby Valley 27 Lawrence County 27. It was LC 49 SV 14. I wouldn't put to much stock into Massey.
Dawg...

This is the flipside of this year's Bulldog schedule. With Lawrence's recent history, it was understandable. However it is NOT a schedule conducive to rankings respect. Sheldon Clark was the only widely recognized quality team on it.

Maybe Rowan's showing against Mason will earn some SOS points for later...
you know i have finally figured out why they come out with these rankings it so people like us can have something to talk about in between friday nights because they all mean absolutely BS and i mean that Breathitt was #1 for they ever played a game and look at them now whitley was best team in the state according to some people look at them now corbin has played a weaker schedule than pineville has (not really im trying to make a point) but there #2 and dont need to be so here is my new top 10 let the posting begin
#1.Bell County
#2. P'Burg
#3. Somerset
#4. Lawrence County
#5. Hazard
#6. Letcher Central
#7. PCC
#8. Corbin
#9. Belfry
#10. Clay County
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:you know i have finally figured out why they come out with these rankings it so people like us can have something to talk about in between friday nights because they all mean absolutely BS and i mean that Breathitt was #1 for they ever played a game and look at them now whitley was best team in the state according to some people look at them now corbin has played a weaker schedule than pineville has (not really im trying to make a point) but there #2 and dont need to be so here is my new top 10 let the posting begin
#1.Bell County
#2. P'Burg
#3. Somerset
#4. Lawrence County
#5. Hazard
#6. Letcher Central
#7. PCC
#8. Corbin
#9. Belfry
#10. Clay County

Well, we are all allowed our own opinions but how in the heck can YOU (with your rankings) place Letcher Central in front of Belfry after they beat them? P-burg beat Belfry by 1 TD...... They don't play Corbin, PCC, or any of the other teams on your list. It amazes me at the amount of "Belfry Haters" on here who don't want to admit they are better than expected, working hard on improvement and SHOWING IT!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I like this top 10 looks solid. Hardly ever see Hazard and PCC in it at the same time.
wymt should show Allen Central some love...
I think P'burg should be #2. I also think Lawrence Co is the sleeper team right now.
phs1986 Wrote:Well, we are all allowed our own opinions but how in the heck can YOU (with your rankings) place Letcher Central in front of Belfry after they beat them? P-burg beat Belfry by 1 TD...... They don't play Corbin, PCC, or any of the other teams on your list. It amazes me at the amount of "Belfry Haters" on here who don't want to admit they are better than expected, working hard on improvement and SHOWING IT!

I RESPECT Belfry ALOT!!! I am a big supporter of Philip Haywood. My favorite teams I pull for in the Mountains are Belfry, Prestonsburg, Hazard, and Somerset. Thats of course when there not playing my Bobcats of Bell Co.
i dont understand how anyone can say somerset is that good....their strength of schedule isnt very strong and they barely beat a very bad estill co. team 27-14
If your going to give Belfry credit for having a tough schedule then why wasnt Lawrence County at least #10 last year. They played one of the toughest schedules around and ran head to head with most everyone on it, but they did not get the respect then.
lpd826 Wrote:If your going to give Belfry credit for having a tough schedule then why wasnt Lawrence County at least #10 last year. They played one of the toughest schedules around and ran head to head with most everyone on it, but they did not get the respect then.

Because Belfry is winning their fair share of games...LC did not.
1. Bell County
2. Corbin
3. Prestonsburg
4. Lawrence County
5. Sheldon Clark
6. Somerset
7. Belfry
8. Letcher Central
9. Perry Central
10. Hazard

IMO. Sheldon Clark is 4 REEL! So is Lawrence Co. It sure is nice to see so many mountain teams return to their "old school" status.
LOL.. You guys are funny. Lawrence Co. is not that great. They are playing a cupcake schedule because of the embarrassing past season. Lawrence Co. won't do anything in the playoffs.. Mark my word.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:you know i have finally figured out why they come out with these rankings it so people like us can have something to talk about in between friday nights because they all mean absolutely BS and i mean that Breathitt was #1 for they ever played a game and look at them now whitley was best team in the state according to some people look at them now corbin has played a weaker schedule than pineville has (not really im trying to make a point) but there #2 and dont need to be so here is my new top 10 let the posting begin
#1.Bell County
#2. P'Burg
#3. Somerset
#4. Lawrence County
#5. Hazard
#6. Letcher Central
#7. PCC
#8. Corbin
#9. Belfry
#10. Clay County

Letcher Central went to Hazard and won by two touchdowns so how is Hazard ranked higher?