Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miners Fight Back Against Obama TV Add: "Absolute Lies"
Congratulations, Wildcatk23 on your engagement!!
I sincerely with you all the happiness in the world!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If a boat is sinking is it your fault it took you to long to patch the hole?

The day Obama took office wasn't the day it was Obamas economy. The damage was done. We was in a recession. Because of bush. Swing it how you want. But remember the slogan favorably used by you guys. The buc stops here.

This area is devistated. Hopefully romney a energy man will help get it going again. If not... My vote In Kentucky doesn't matter anyways.

do you realize it took us 9 years to get out of the great depression ?
if it was not for the entitlement programs put in place after the great depression
we would of had another 1
^ :lmao:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I have not relied on anyone here. Never have.

My father has worked for Cowin & CO for almost 30 years now. He is a Superintendent and has a vast knowledge in the mining field. He told me back in september of last year when i got my Underground card that it was a waste of time. That the mines in eastern kentucky and west virginia was about to shut down for a bit. He went into a bunch of detail about how the EPA was imposing restrictions and fining the little guys till they just had to shut down. HE DID say that gas was about to hit rock bottom due to supply. He is currently on his vacation but when he goes back there IS NOT 1 JOB IN EASTERN KENTUCKY OR WEST VIRGINIA that is currently having a shaft or slope built through his company. For as long as i can remember this has never been the case. He will be heading to Nevada, about 10 minutes out from Vegas there building a structure for a gold mine.

Keep in mine my dad is a yellow dog democrat. He has worked his entire life, Broke his back in a car accident. Drew social security for almost 2 years until he decided he was able to work again. When the banks went bankrupt he lost his entire savings. Almost 1.3million dollars just gone. That is what we gained under 8 years of bush. A screwed up economy and people losing everything. That will turn you away form a republican candidate faster than anything.

My brother is in the same position. His wife just had there first child. And he is heading to denver Colorado to make ends meet.

BUT there was always mining jobs around here. This area needs that. But i want this area to be where they work. NOw dont get me wrong i hear people get on here and in public go on about there isnt no jobs, i cant work, i lost my job and now i hate obama. THERE is work. It may not be where or how you want. But go to it.

well i'am glad bush did not get his way when he tryed to Privatize Social Security
vector Wrote:do you realize it took us 9 years to get out of the great depression ?
if it was not for the entitlement programs put in place after the great depression
we would of had another 1

The one and only thing that shook this nation out the great depression was WWII. FDR's fiscal policies gave the nation hope and only minimal relief. However, his vision and character made him the leader we needed for that time. In that way he was a great president.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:The one and only thing that shook this nation out the great depression was WWII. FDR's fiscal policies gave the nation hope and only minimal relief. However, his vision and character made him the leader we needed for that time. In that way he was a great president.

but do you believe without the entitlement programs put in place after the great
depresson this would of been one rember in the depresson there was no unemployement insurance no social security we made just about every thing in this country
vector Wrote:but do you believe without the entitlement programs put in place after the great
depresson this would of been one rember in the depresson there was no unemployement insurance no social security we made just about every thing in this country

:thatsfunn Confusednicker:
vector Wrote:but do you believe without the entitlement programs put in place after the great

The entitlement programs put in after the great depression? I remember something called welfare. People got 5 pound bricks of cheese and a pound of butter, powdered eggs and milk. Beans, flour and lard. Among other food items. You went to a state government building and stood in line to get these things. Do I think entitlements are good? Yes, I think the safety net idea is very good. Sometimes folks need help and they help get one back on his feet.

American left the path when we began developing welfare generations. There are family lines that have been on welfare since the 50's,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:The entitlement programs put in after the great depression? I remember something called welfare. People got 5 pound bricks of cheese and a pound of butter, powdered eggs and milk. Beans, flour and lard. Among other food items. You went to a state government building and stood in line to get these things. Do I think entitlements are good? Yes, I think the safety net idea is very good. Sometimes folks need help and they help get one back on his feet.

American left the path when we began developing welfare generations. There are family lines that have been on welfare since the 50's,

i be;ieve welfare came out in 64 johnson was in charge hint war on poverty
vector Wrote:i be;ieve welfare came out in 64 johnson was in charge hint war on poverty

Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about. It was operating as I described it above, some years before 1964.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]