Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So when will UK announce the signing of their new head football coach?
Horse sales are going on at Keeneland...keep in mind. Shed some light on your source skinny. No need to start a poop storm if unfounded!
UK will announce who there next head coach is when they know who it is. If it was Petrino, we would know by now.

The biggest issue is most of UK's targets are still in season and don't want to be fired before the season ends.
^ The hire would not get fired....just resign...don't need to provide notice since you would never come back to the school you left to coach again. Schools understand this because it is common practice.

A better ? is.... have they chosen and got buy in from the new coach and the hire requests it isn't anounced until the end of the regular season?
Forgot about gag clause and allowing enough time to find OC & DC...special teams,etc....!

This could be really great....or really suck hind t*t based on the decision makers involved in this process!
Joker is wanting the new coach to let some of the staff stay on so they know the "way around the land"
Spirit100 Wrote:Horse sales are going on at Keeneland...keep in mind. Shed some light on your source skinny. No need to start a poop storm if unfounded!

Totally, and I do mean totally unfounded information posted by me earlier. Someone said it and I repeated it. Be it the truth or not, it is interesting. Even if it is a "poop storm".
Strikeout King Wrote:Joker is wanting the new coach to let some of the staff stay on so they know the "way around the land"

Joker can take his jokes with him.
Completley clean house is what the new coach needs to do.
This staff is horrible.
Spirit100 Wrote:^ The hire would not get fired....just resign...don't need to provide notice since you would never come back to the school you left to coach again. Schools understand this because it is common practice.

it used to be common practice, and for assistants, the decision is up to the head coach, but now schools just pull the trigger on letting the head coaches go.
Honestly, the only staff member that I would keep is the Special Teams coach and Chuck Smith. The linebackers and kickers/punters are the players coming in here with very low ratings and then making it to the NFL.
Strikeout King Wrote:Joker is wanting the new coach to let some of the staff stay on so they know the "way around the land"

Players and state have suffered enough...no remnants allowed in my book. It's a wasteland this season.

It needs to be rebuilt, remapped. There's no ropes to be shown or learned. Sorry but no goodwill gesture should be extended. Such a gesture is earned and Joker and this staff did not earn it.

Cleanout the coaching cupboard and buy new! :Thumbs:
toussaints Wrote:it used to be common practice, and for assistants, the decision is up to the head coach, but now schools just pull the trigger on letting the head coaches go.

Was not aware this is the new protocol...so this supports a decision on Monday after the last games of the regular seeason. Allowing coaches to resign/get fired and not commit to coaching for 2-6 weeks for their scheduled bowl game.