Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro Basketball Coach Fired?
JacketFan4Life Wrote:First of all I'm liking the ones that are saying they think it's not right that he got fired, pay attention. Secondly, if I want to call you out you best believe I wouldn't do it by PM it'd be right on here honey. I never said I was the one who had the IP address ran it was some parents who got sick of you talking about their kids during football season on here. Btw I'm not kin to nor a best friend of the coach. I don't go by hearsay so that's why I said there was no truth to it because it wasn't officially done yet. Evidently you didn't know for sure either because you were asking. Keep this in mind I could care less where someone works or who they are friends with! Oh and it's "a lot of people KNEW" not new.
DO IT! Hearsay does not give you an opinion. You thought there was no truth to it. You caught me, I put my post in the form of a question. I wanted to know if it had been told. And thank you, you are not only very wrong in your assumptions, but I appreciate you stepping in as the grammar police. There is no reason to beat a dead horse to death, Middlesboro needs a basketball program. It is time to do what it takes to get one. As far as you and an IP address, that was awhile back, and I am not sure who said it. But, I do not care about a bunch of parents and I am sure not the first to say anything about a kid on this post. Call me out right here, get it off your chest. I will say one thing, should of took the girls basketball coach right with him, he did no better, maybe a little younger team.
I thought you were gone till football season? Middlesboro sports program is as dis functional as any in the state. They are running it into the ground everyday. It doesn't matter who coaches nests years team, it will be as bad or worse. All of the boys teams will be horrible. Better get out now if players want to win.
TheBoz Wrote:I thought you were gone till football season? Middlesboro sports program is as dis functional as any in the state. They are running it into the ground everyday. It doesn't matter who coaches nests years team, it will be as bad or worse. All of the boys teams will be horrible. Better get out now if players want to win.
Off football until football, not that I owe a kid an explanation. Now, what next year team are you talking about, football or basketball? Don't insult my intelligence with giving me a heads up on the sports situation. I am a Middlesboro fan win or lose, but I'm not stupid.
All boys sports, football, basketball, and baseball.. If you know anything about Middlesboro you know how bad they will be.

You made the statement you were gone from this board till football season.
TheBoz Wrote:All boys sports, football, basketball, and baseball.. If you know anything about Middlesboro you know how bad they will be.

You made the statement you were gone from this board till football season.
Well I am back, okay???? Now, since you mentioned baseball, not a big fan. But Pineville and baseball...that's a laugh. You think you and a couple of your friends are really going somewhere in football, don't you? We'll see. There are couple of players that I can think of that may put on a show...you, however will not. So keep on running your mouth and we'll see what happens. As far as basketball, Middlesboro had no coach. Things change and change is coming. But if you are wondering who the football coach will be, Zach Massengill.
Let me say this and go. These 3 sports will all be under .300 next year in the win/lose percentage.
They are all under .500 this year. That means no one with a winning season.
Okay.
Number One Fan Wrote:Well I am back, okay???? Now, since you mentioned baseball, not a big fan. But Pineville and baseball...that's a laugh. You think you and a couple of your friends are really going somewhere in football, don't you? We'll see. There are couple of players that I can think of that may put on a show...you, however will not. So keep on running your mouth and we'll see what happens. As far as basketball, Middlesboro had no coach. Things change and change is coming. But if you are wondering who the football coach will be, Zach Massengill.

Since you brought up baseball, Middlesboro has never scheduled us. This year we play them, they called and wanted to schedule. If your smart this will tell you all you need to know about Middlesboro baseball when they schedule us , OBI and some of the others that are usually not strong in the sport. They need to pad their schedule.

Back to BB, why has Middlesboro kept the firing of the basketball coach so quiet. They even told the papers not to print it.

I do not care if Nick Saban was coaching football for Middlesboro next year, lucky to win one game.
TheBoz Wrote:Since you brought up baseball, Middlesboro has never scheduled us. This year we play them, they called and wanted to schedule. If your smart this will tell you all you need to know about Middlesboro baseball when they schedule us , OBI and some of the others that are usually not strong in the sport. They need to pad their schedule.

Back to BB, why has Middlesboro kept the firing of the basketball coach so quiet. They even told the papers not to print it.

I do not care if Nick Saban was coaching football for Middlesboro next year, lucky to win one game.
Like I said, we'll see. As far as them scheduling you for baseball, could care less. Don't do baseball. So if you win against the Boro...doesn't mean a big damn to me. I'll see you at football.
My daughter went to school with the new coach from Middlesboro, very young. How do you guys think he will do?
I heard he has strong discipline and rules. Has already made parents mad. Good for you Coach. This is what has been wrong with Middlesboro sports, no discipline and every coach trying to be your friend. Pull no punches, stick to your guns and give us a basketball team to be proud of.
Coach is doing a great job and kids seem to love him..
He's really young. But will be okay, if he can get kids to come out.
Anyone have an opinion on the new coach at Middlesboro? Have not heard any chatter this summer. Did here that a lot of players are not coming back. Any truth to this?
Tough hard nose kid. will work hard.It will take time but he will be very successful.
Glad to here it. Last year was a mess, hopefully we can get our basketball program back. Hasn't been the same in a long time.
What players aren't coming back? There is usually a lot of turnover with a new coach. They had a lot of young players at the Pineville camp.
Just through another party, heard the Mike boy or the Smith boy weren't coming back and that could be detrimental. Heard he cancelled all scrimmages this summer because they were being beaten so bad. Only chatter I have heard. Now if that is true or not, don't know. Why I ask if anyone else knew anything?
Middlesboro lost by about 50 in the scrimmage I saw, but that wasn't unexpected.
Maybe they're better off just playing the young guys and getting experience. They are probably going to lose either way this upcoming season. They tried to play quite a few seniors last year and that didn't work.
InItToWinIt Wrote:Just through another party, heard the Mike boy or the Smith boy weren't coming back and that could be detrimental. Heard he cancelled all scrimmages this summer because they were being beaten so bad. Only chatter I have heard. Now if that is true or not, don't know. Why I ask if anyone else knew anything?

Really,might not have been a coaching problem.
Madness Wrote:Really,might not have been a coaching problem.
What is wrong with you?
Just saying maybe the problem wasn't the coach and maybe not enough basketball players. But the coach was fired.
He's young and energetic players coach, hard to find in this day and time in high school coaching ranks. Most coaches, it's about them not their players. Middlesboro players are going to love playing for coach Wilson, he's a fair disciplinary and up tempo style of play with defense. If he has any success he may not be there long.