Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 2016 - 2017
I heard at the game the other night, that BL boys would be having a new "old" coach next season. Any truth to that? Has anyone else heard that rumor?
And it is not JR.
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:I heard at the game the other night, that BL boys would be having a new "old" coach next season. Any truth to that? Has anyone else heard that rumor?

That's the first time I heard that. Did you hear who the old new coach would be?
clipperw Wrote:That's the first time I heard that. Did you hear who the old new coach would be?

Current 15th region girls coach. Just put 2 and 2 together. His name also mentioned for Floyd Central job. Don't know if any truth to this rumor or not. Time will tell I guess.
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:Current 15th region girls coach. Just put 2 and 2 together. His name also mentioned for Floyd Central job. Don't know if any truth to this rumor or not. Time will tell I guess.

It would be nice to see Tim Rice back at Betsy Layne.

I think Prestonsburg/Allen Central should be a good game in the District Tournament.
clipperw Wrote:It would be nice to see Tim Rice back at Betsy Layne.

I think Prestonsburg/Allen Central should be a good game in the District Tournament.

Why would they want Rice? Unless he just has some Buddies at the administration level. Haven't seen much from his SC girls lately... Surely there are some more viable options available/interested.
FrozenColonel Wrote:Why would they want Rice? Unless he just has some Buddies at the administration level. Haven't seen much from his SC girls lately... Surely there are some more viable options available/interested.

Why would anyone want the Betsy Layne job? They have more kids transfer out than Prestonsburg.
big dawg, small yard Wrote:District 8 standings
1. South Floyd tied Allen Central

3. Prestonsburg
4. Betsy Layne

South Floyd and Allen Central is tied for first place in district
Glory Days Wrote:Why would anyone want the Betsy Layne job? They have more kids transfer out than Prestonsburg.

If you step back and look at the big picture, why would anyone want the Prestonsburg job also?? Never has had a tradition of winning on the region level, with the new Floyd Central school Prestonsburg will be the doormat of the county as far as basketball.
FrozenColonel Wrote:Why would they want Rice? Unless he just has some Buddies at the administration level. Haven't seen much from his SC girls lately... Surely there are some more viable options available/interested.

All A runnerup and 15th region runnerup in 1st 2 seasons at SC. Been rebuilding the past 2 years playing a lot of young players. SC has not had the talent level that they used to back in the day. Does OK job. Not the best but not the worst either. As someone previously posted, coaches will not be lining up for the BL or Pburg job. IMO, this is just a rumor or someone talking in general, don't think Rice wants to leave SC, especially for BL boys. Probably worst job in the region at present time.