Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School closings for Friday....
phs1986 Wrote:IMO.... as far as Pike Co. goes, I think they should either grant us back the 6 days we worked and the kids attended OVER what they are supposed to last year........ or the state department should look at the outting for the flu as an epidemic... if a doctor recommends that schools close then that should be looked at differently.....As it stands right now, they took 3 of the days we were supposed to use for weather for the flu closings. That is something that is beyond anyone's control and they should be granted days for that... BUT... who am I .... LOLOL.... its just my opinion.. Smile

I totally agree.:Thumbs:
phs1986 Wrote:IMO.... as far as Pike Co. goes, I think they should either grant us back the 6 days we worked and the kids attended OVER what they are supposed to last year........ or the state department should look at the outting for the flu as an epidemic... if a doctor recommends that schools close then that should be looked at differently.....As it stands right now, they took 3 of the days we were supposed to use for weather for the flu closings. That is something that is beyond anyone's control and they should be granted days for that... BUT... who am I .... LOLOL.... its just my opinion.. Smile

I agree also

Yea I also Agree!
Glad to hear I'm not alone on this!!! LOLOL.....
I heard that the days that we taken because of the flu would not have to be made up. I am wanting to say that a teacher told my friend's mom this. Is this possible PHS?

Well.... if that's the case they haven't mentioned it over my way.... On the day we were last in school.... (now when was that????).... LOLOL..... They sent a print out from the board around and they had taken the days for the flu off of our "bank" days.... I hope that is the fact then maybe we won't have so much time to make up!!!

OH... BTW.... we get off next Monday the 19th as a scheduled holiday!!! LMAO....
I will let you know if I hear any confirmation on this and you do the same. I seriously think this came from a teacher/busdriver so maybe he heard it from someone.

Having the 19th off is pretty cool for them. Lord knows that they haven't got enough days off yet, haha.

YEP... I know what ya mean... I feel another "I need a break" day comin on myself... LOLOL.....

And.... I will keep my ears open to the info... if I find out I will let ya know!!!