Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the best Junior and Senior in the 15th next year?
who is Howell ? was she on the team this year?
What # is Howell, I know who some of the girls are that don't get to play alot , But I don't know them all. Is she really good ?
I think they are talking about Bethany Howell - and if so, yes she is a very good player. Very aggressive . . . I remember her playing jr high at mullins before going to pc.
I think you all are forgetting a team who i think will surprise everybody and make a run in the regional tourny. Which is Betsy Layne. They have every one coming back and a great soph. class in Megan Hamilton, Lindsey Martin, and Amby Tackett. With also seniors Kaitlin Lawson and Kristy Flanery...Im telling everybody to watch out for them!!!!
THANKS, I know who she is now.
Jasmine Hall
Bethany Howell was on the team last year
yes,I know who she is now. She plays mostly in the j.v.games.
As for Pike Central ,I think they have alot of talent on the team, who really knows who will step up and shine this year, and be the stand out player,but if I was to just guess ,I would have to say T.Murphy that girl is good and she plays with alot of heart, but like I said before who knows, with what they have already and who knows how many new players they will be bringing in . I think Savanna Fields would be a good one to move up from j. v.
Is Paige Lowe coming back next year to play at Pike Central? I for one hope so I always loved to watch her play .
Ashley hall, a 5' 8" Junior at Magoffin County.
She is one of the best defenders in the 15th Region and a solid scoring threat from the inside and outside.
She has the size at the 1 or 2 position to take a defender into the paint and wear them out and the shooting skills from outside to drain the three ( hit 7 in one game last year ) if they sag off of her.

Breanna Adams, a 6' 1" Junior center at Magoffin county.
Started at center for Magoffin last year, didn't see the ball much because of the three guards in front of her. Look for her to have a break out year. She has good post moves and is an above average shot blocker and rebounder.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:yeah I am talking about the Hamilton. What you are saying is when she played grade school and JV ball which is totaly diffrent. Now she will be playing against bigger, stronger and more athlectic girls which IMO cause for her to be playing on the perimeter. She has a great jump shot getting really nice elivation off of it. She can take the ball HARD to the whole which would be what you are saying about hitting shots inside. She does hit the boards nicely which would be perfect for PC's style of the run and gun early offence. I just think with PCs size inside that she will not be as much help to them, if Butcher is smart like I know he is she will be playing in the 3 spot as a small forward running the baseline against zone and playing on the permieter opening up their inside game against the man. :Thumbs:

man you are badly mistaking if you think that hamilton can shoot and handle the ball! yeah she may make a few shots but that is because she shoots every time she touches it I have watched her play enough to tell that and she has one of the worst attitudes i have ever seen she is always yelling at her teammates if something goes wrong and she always seems to think that nothing is her fault!! and with a team like pc who has shooters like Ratliff there is no way that hamilton could even think about taking her or colemans spot they are two very good shooters and all around players
hornet14 Wrote:man you are badly mistaking if you think that hamilton can shoot and handle the ball! yeah she may make a few shots but that is because she shoots every time she touches it I have watched her play enough to tell that and she has one of the worst attitudes i have ever seen she is always yelling at her teammates if something goes wrong and she always seems to think that nothing is her fault!! and with a team like pc who has shooters like Ratliff there is no way that hamilton could even think about taking her or colemans spot they are two very good shooters and all around players

Well you are intitled to your own opinion and I will respect that. But see you are talking about the past, she loves it at Pike Central and loves everyone who plays around her. Which is completly diffrent from Pikeville where she never wanted to be in the first place. I have watched her shoot around and trust me her shot has came along way as well her ball handling skills. So you take that as you wish and lurk from the corner.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Well you are intitled to your own opinion and I will respect that. But see you are talking about the past, she loves it at Pike Central and loves everyone who plays around her. Which is completly diffrent from Pikeville where she never wanted to be in the first place. I have watched her shoot around and trust me her shot has came along way as well her ball handling skills. So you take that as you wish and lurk from the corner.

Its not really the past because from my understaning she has been playing some AAU ball and I have talked to a few people and they said that she was the same ole girl shoot evertime she gets it and I know for a FACT! that she was yelling @ her teammates on that team because one of my buddies told me and he witnessed it!! so you can say what you want she is not a 1,2,or 3 position she is a 4 or 5 and I personally think that her and hatmaker will be lowe and slones subs!! You have to agree with me that there are no better shooters on the team or off better than ratliff and coleman ratliff was the #1 in the state tournament if that tells you something and its posted on a state tournament site because i seen it w/ my own two eyes:p
I agree with you hornet 14, I finally got a chance to see them play in 1 AAU game . I was not impressed at all , they are girls that are already on the team that are much better than those 2 but I sure they will play alot anyways, Hamilton is a hot head and she will end up at odds with the coaches and the players, and the trouble that will come with Bree is her mother's mouth because I heard if she don't get to start then her mother will be fighting with the coaches.
Does anyone know if Hamilton and Hatmaker have to try out or are they already apart of the team ?
hornet14 Wrote:Its not really the past because from my understaning she has been playing some AAU ball and I have talked to a few people and they said that she was the same ole girl shoot evertime she gets it and I know for a FACT! that she was yelling @ her teammates on that team because one of my buddies told me and he witnessed it!! so you can say what you want she is not a 1,2,or 3 position she is a 4 or 5 and I personally think that her and hatmaker will be lowe and slones subs!! You have to agree with me that there are no better shooters on the team or off better than ratliff and coleman ratliff was the #1 in the state tournament if that tells you something and its posted on a state tournament site because i seen it w/ my own two eyes:p

I would love to see what you was looking at b/c i know for a fact Ratliff shot 60 some percent only shooting 13 shots in 3 games which means she shot aobut 4 shots a game. While Coleman shot around 37 percent neither one near Emily London of LCA. London avg 18.8 points per game and nearly 40% shooting from the field while Ratliff avg 7.7 points a game and Coleman avg 2 points per game. Now i will agree as of now to proven wrong Ratliff and Coleman are great shooters. Coleman could have shot better down the stretch if that shoulder had been 100%.

Now to go to where you was talking about Hamilton you are basing your "facts" if thats what you would call them off of hear say. I tell you now that there will be no conflicts between Hatmacker nor Hamilton w/ the coaching staff. If you noticed the dedication each one had to just simply help Coach Butcher out over this past year you can see the dedication, determination and heart that each are going to pour into this team. Each respect Butcher and he has the same respect for each one of them telling every player he loves them over and over. Each girl also recived a medalon after winning each the district, region and placing at state which represents how well they have been recived as a part of the team. Each girl on that team hangs out with one another on a consitent basis. If either do have an attitude problem rest assure it will be dealt with quickly and a drastic action will be taken such as sitting them out a game and trust me Butcher does not care.

And yes each player under goes a try out but on the norm each player makes the team but will be placed at that point on either the Varsity or JV roster.
well ,I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when the season starts, I hope things does go smoothly. Do you all think they should have to play some JV as well as varsity?
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:well ,I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when the season starts, I hope things does go smoothly. Do you all think they should have to play some JV as well as varsity?

no why should they? if they work as hard as any one else on the varsity and have the talent then thats where they should stay. IMO
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I would love to see what you was looking at b/c i know for a fact Ratliff shot 60 some percent only shooting 13 shots in 3 games which means she shot aobut 4 shots a game. While Coleman shot around 37 percent neither one near Emily London of LCA. London avg 18.8 points per game and nearly 40% shooting from the field while Ratliff avg 7.7 points a game and Coleman avg 2 points per game. Now i will agree as of now to proven wrong Ratliff and Coleman are great shooters. Coleman could have shot better down the stretch if that shoulder had been 100%.

Now to go to where you was talking about Hamilton you are basing your "facts" if thats what you would call them off of hear say. I tell you now that there will be no conflicts between Hatmacker nor Hamilton w/ the coaching staff. If you noticed the dedication each one had to just simply help Coach Butcher out over this past year you can see the dedication, determination and heart that each are going to pour into this team. Each respect Butcher and he has the same respect for each one of them telling every player he loves them over and over. Each girl also recived a medalon after winning each the district, region and placing at state which represents how well they have been recived as a part of the team. Each girl on that team hangs out with one another on a consitent basis. If either do have an attitude problem rest assure it will be dealt with quickly and a drastic action will be taken such as sitting them out a game and trust me Butcher does not care.

And yes each player under goes a try out but on the norm each player makes the team but will be placed at that point on either the Varsity or JV roster.

Hornet 14 is telling the truth. Ratliff was ranked #1 in the state tournament for 3 pt. percentage. She shot 8 for 10...thats 80%...and thats the accurate stats. It will be hard to give credence to anything you say because obviously you have a poor understanding of what is actually going on with this team. As for Hamilton having an attitude...she is well known for her "TUDE"....just ask the coaches. Where you get her position? I have no clue. Hamilton has never played a #1 position in her life...nor a shooting guard. She likes to play rough around the basket...and thats where she will play. Just come to any game and see. However, i do agree with you on one thing, Coach Butcher will put an end to any attitude problems if any arise.
There's alot of Pike Central's varsity that plays on JV as well so thats why I ask.
Lowe,Slone, Ratliff,Harris,Thompson,Coleman, are the only one's on varsity that don't have to play JV too. Both years that he has been the coach he only keeps about 6 or 7 girls to be just varsity, If you remember it was these girls plus Haley and KP until she quit, so I just figured he would do the same this season and from what I have heard T.Murphy has really stepped up and playing good ball at the camps they have been going to this summer, she gets to start at the AAU camp this week in lexington, and she started at EKU instead of Lowe at one game . and Mullins and Howell are doing well also, and you have blackburn, and williams, and robinson who imo are doing better , so thats were I was coming from with the question.
Ashley Hall will be a goog junior canidate.
Lindsey Fields At P-burg Should Have A Good Year As A Junior.
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Sally Roberts --SV--Sr.
Courtney Smallwood--SV--Sr.
Laura Perkins---SV---Jr
Kayla Cantrell---SV---Jr.[/COLOR]
Vols01 Wrote:Sally Roberts --SV--Sr.
Courtney Smallwood--SV--Sr.
Laura Perkins---SV---Jr
Kayla Cantrell---SV---Jr.

You have to include Kayla Smallwood also.
I have heard from a very reliable source that T.Murphy wasnt playing for central this year
Thats true, She is not playing ball this yr for Pike Central, She is going to cheer. I really hate that to because she has alot of talent and was getting to play a good amount on varsity last yr. I know my cousin plays up there and she said she wishes Murphy would change her mind. But whatever she ends up doing I wish her all the best. very nice girl.