Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County O and D-line
Their line coach from that year is back I hear. He left for a couple years but returned with Mike Whitaker.
Godspeed Wrote:I would have to agree with BGB on this one. Shannon and the boys had much more size and quickness. I played with them as well that year...you couldnt get through the line..period. That was the last year that Powell actually had a DECENT year. they went 4-6 on the year and two of the games were decided by under a TD. Lost to South Floyd 36-34 for the season opener and lost to East Carter 27-21..ooops..also lost to Pendleton Co. 32-24. By the way..Pendleton had a very "dirty" team that year..Refs had some horrible calls that game. Pirates shouldve been 7-4 that year.
Do you think the same line coach from this team can get the line this year ready to go?
The weight room is one of the most important things for your offensive line and if your O-line doesn't do their work in the offseason, it really shows during the season.
RIP_28 Wrote:Their line coach from that year is back I hear. He left for a couple years but returned with Mike Whitaker.

yea, he is back this year. he is an awesome line coach tha will work ur butt off. thats y that line was so good that year. he never settles for cant. with him, the line is always the first out, and always the last in. their is no resting with him. he will get these guys ready. he is one of the best.
RIP_28 Wrote:Their line coach from that year is back I hear. He left for a couple years but returned with Mike Whitaker.

Rip, who are you trying to fool? It's pretty bad that Powell's OLine coach's #1 admirer is in fact Rip_28.(wonder if there's a connection there???) So why were you not coaching at powell for the past couple of years? Loose cannon? I really liked the line about "powell's O-line coach was working with both teams, working them hard. Well, toot your own horn there bud. Good Luck wherever you coach...PC or MC...