Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bardstown
44.44%
Desales
55.56%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3A Regional Bardstown @ Desales 11/22
I would love to see Bardstown win this game, but I just don't see it happening. I have nothing against DeSales, I just played college ball with a guy from Bardstown Smile

DeSales 35
Bardstown 24
DeSales by 12
For any individual picking Bardstown to win on Friday night, and I am unsure if that is a bad selection:

Never in the history of KHSAA boy's basketball, baseball, or football, has a semi-final featured three teams with the same first letter:

Bell County

Belfry

Bardstown

And never in the history of the KHSAA, all sports, all genders, has there ever been a semi-final set, where all four teams began with rhyming letters:

Bell County

Belfry

Bardstown

Paducah Tilghman

Taylor County

So, in order to choose the bourbon capital of the world, one must also likely pick Bell County or Belfry to lose at home.

So...

My guys - 23

Bourbon guys - 17

But, despite the reality of history being cyclical, and Brouwer's fixed-point theorem, being fundamentally irrefutable, both things have to fall, once, at some point, eventually...
turkeysalad Wrote:For any individual picking Bardstown to win on Friday night, and I am unsure if that is a bad selection:

Never in the history of KHSAA boy's basketball, baseball, or football, has a semi-final featured three teams with the same first letter:

Bell County

Belfry

Bardstown

And never in the history of the KHSAA, all sports, all genders, has there ever been a semi-final set, where all four teams began with rhyming letters:

Bell County

Belfry

Bardstown

Paducah Tilghman

Taylor County

So, in order to choose the bourbon capital of the world, one must also likely pick Bell County or Belfry to lose at home.

So...

My guys - 23

Bourbon guys - 17

But, despite the reality of history being cyclical, and Brouwer's fixed-point theorem, being fundamentally irrefutable, both things have to fall, once, at some point, eventually...

I dropped out of my Math major at Centre and switched to English, but my fuzzy memory is that Brouwer's Theorem only worked in one-dimensional spaces. Since Bardstown is multi-dimensional, the Theorem doesn't apply? Confusednicker:
How Bardstown deals with the disruptive Demetri Scott, a prep version of Jadeveon Clowney, will be the deciding factor in a win or loss. The kid is that dominant on the DL with 23 sacks. B'town may try outside, may probe with some screens to slow the rush, but dealing with that and a defense that is allowing 40 yards rushing a game, I think would be a major offensive priority. Something's gonna give.
Lord Grantham Wrote:I dropped out of my Math major at Centre and switched to English, but my fuzzy memory is that Brouwer's Theorem only worked in one-dimensional spaces. Since Bardstown is multi-dimensional, the Theorem doesn't apply? Confusednicker:

A fixed point as in historical precedent.

As for Bardstown's dimensionality, I absolutely believe they have more than enough capability of defeating DeSales. And despite the precedent, I would not be remotely surprised if Bardstown won; perhaps even by a few TDs.