Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coal Grove, OH @ Lawrence Co.
Warrior21Eagle6 Wrote:Is there a senior on this team that is just playing for himself? I don't think so. I didn't get to see too many games last year but the ones that I did see I sure heard the names Walker, Cyrus, and Roberts an awful lot. Some of the seniors had the option of going to a different school when the chips were down for this team. They didn't-- they stuck around as loyal Bulldog. I even heard that the coach said that he was leaving if he didn't have a winning season------- how is THAT for loyalty?

Yes they did stick around. That alone should have been enough to mention more about them in the article. The Louisa area in general has always cared what was written in the Ashland, Mainly IMO is they wanted respect from the bigger city in East Kentucky.
The one and only way to do that is go out and win every football game just like we did in the 90's.
I remember when I broadcasted football games back in the 90's and LC went to Newport the last game of the year and LC was going for an undefeated season and the Ashland Daily was there. I remember telling the reporter ( Jim Keyser ) I was surprised to see him there. He exact words were, "LC is going for an undefeated season, why not cover it". He also told me on several occasions as he followed LC for about 3 years every game that he loved watching Bulldog football and he loved the fans. After he got reassigned in the newspaper dept. Rocky Stanley began to follow LC but only when they had a big game other than that they relied on independent reporters to give them details about the game.

I don't know who wrote the article in the Football preview, but I would guess they read forums like this one and others and see everyone talk about the youth that LC has and they focused the story on them. They are the future story, right now Roberts, Waller, Cryus deserve the glory.

TO ALL BULLDOG SENIORS: Good Luck and bring the bite back to Dawg pound. :Thumbs:
Noexcuses Wrote:Batbuff did you play on the 77 team?

Batpuff didn't play on that team, he was probably not even in school yet. Smile

I believe that Coty Roberts dad was on that team but not a senior member though. I think he was a junior that year maybe a sophmore.
RedRaiderNation Wrote:Batpuff didn't play on that team, he was probably not even in school yet. Smile

I believe that Coty Roberts dad was on that team but not a senior member though. I think he was a junior that year maybe a sophmore.

Hey hey hey I am young but not that young.
I was a member of the 1988 team
Went to school from 1984-1988
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
red raider nation you have good posts.