Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Ashland Predictions and Thoughts
Ashland has 2 linemen doubtful that were injured early in the Raceland game. One offensive, one defensive.

Any Pikeville fans making the trip up to Ashland this week?
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Ashland should win this one at home.
i gotta go with pikeville on this one

i think they have a solid season ahead of them
Does Pikeville really have to worry about personel fouls or is that question too far ahead for you all to answer?
I was being sarcastic on my previous post.I ask the Pikeville fans if they thought this team had what it takes to return to Louisville.Their response to me was kinda funny.We cant look past the next game.That is the correct answer if your a player.Were fans guys,,gee whiz.Some people think it will jinx the team if they say anything about the future games.That is hogwash.Loosen up and enjoy the season.Dont be so uptight.It makes you unfriendly and can actually turn people against your team.Players usually dont turn people against teams their fans do.I know your coaches are looking past the Ashland game.I know because I had a hand him one of the assistants getting film on a team they play in about a month.Your right about players cant look ahead but we can and dont feel bad about it.Pikeville has a good team.I think they lack a little discipline on the on field behavior but that is only after one game.You guys could go to Louisville!!!Enjoy your team they are good!!!
Could go 2 ways...If pikeville takes care of the ball they win by 7+ but if they dont i look for ashland to capitalize and take a win...should be a good one to watch good luck to both teams
Even ONE fumble may prove too costly for the panthers in this one -- and they've already shown they're more than willing to give up several in a game. #21 for Ashland is as good a running back as I've ever seen--and he's only a sophomore. I look for Ashland to try and unleash Thomas as a PASSER this game b/c they know the Panthers will be keying on him and 21 as a runner.

If Pikeville has no turnovers, I say they pull the upset. Otherwise...?
Brother in arms and panther I believe you two cats hit the nail on the head.Turnovers could decide the outcome.If Pikeville has 0 turnovers I guarantee you they win.
If it ends in regulation I think Pikeville can pull it off. But if you go into OVERTIME in Putnam look out! Just ask Russell and Belfry. Putnam magic is the 12th man at Ashland.
Noexcuses Wrote:I was being sarcastic on my previous post.I ask the Pikeville fans if they thought this team had what it takes to return to Louisville.Their response to me was kinda funny.We cant look past the next game.That is the correct answer if your a player.Were fans guys,,gee whiz.Some people think it will jinx the team if they say anything about the future games.That is hogwash.Loosen up and enjoy the season.Dont be so uptight.It makes you unfriendly and can actually turn people against your team.Players usually dont turn people against teams their fans do.I know your coaches are looking past the Ashland game.I know because I had a hand him one of the assistants getting film on a team they play in about a month.Your right about players cant look ahead but we can and dont feel bad about it.Pikeville has a good team.I think they lack a little discipline on the on field behavior but that is only after one game.You guys could go to Louisville!!!Enjoy your team they are good!!!
If the community is focused on one game at a time then so will the team. I believe that overconfidence cost this team a district, region, and possibly a state title last year because of a loss of focus going into the Hazard game (Im not taking anything away from Hazard they outplayed us that night.). Everyone (including me) expected a blowout that night and I was shocked when we lost. Ive got on here in the past and shot my mouth off without it even dawning on me that the players were reading this stuff and believing it. The coaches are scouting teams they play a month from now because THATS THEIR JOB!!!! It doesnt mean their looking past anyone else. It means that they are the most prepared coaching staff Ive ever been around and they want to stay that way. I can assure you that they havent mentioned anything to the players about any other team were playing this week besides Ashland. We'll do our celebrating when its time to celebrate and now isnt that time.
Should be a great game to watch. Panthers could come out with a W if they protect the ball and cut down on all the penalties.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland has 2 linemen doubtful that were injured early in the Raceland game. One offensive, one defensive.

Any Pikeville fans making the trip up to Ashland this week?
Didn't the Walker kid who got hurt start both ways? Are those Ashlands only two injuries?
Noexcuses Wrote:I was being sarcastic on my previous post.I ask the Pikeville fans if they thought this team had what it takes to return to Louisville.Their response to me was kinda funny.We cant look past the next game.That is the correct answer if your a player.Were fans guys,,gee whiz.Some people think it will jinx the team if they say anything about the future games.That is hogwash.Loosen up and enjoy the season.Dont be so uptight.It makes you unfriendly and can actually turn people against your team.Players usually dont turn people against teams their fans do.I know your coaches are looking past the Ashland game.I know because I had a hand him one of the assistants getting film on a team they play in about a month.Your right about players cant look ahead but we can and dont feel bad about it.Pikeville has a good team.I think they lack a little discipline on the on field behavior but that is only after one game.You guys could go to Louisville!!!Enjoy your team they are good!!!
We are plenty loose listening to ourselves and not people that are not associated with us. You can predict this and predict that but in the long run we are still taking it one game at a time whether you like it or not. We have seen what can happen when you overlook somebody and get outplayed by them. It won't happen again around here. Do you even know what it is like to coach? Of course the coaches watch film on other teams they play. But you won't hear them talking to the team about those opponents outside of the one they will play that week. We don't criticize you on how you clean toilets so maybe you shouldn't criticize us for how we conduct our business within OUR tight knit family.
Here are a couple of observations from an innocent bystander...Pikeville must minimize penalties to be successful against quality teams...

too many delay penalties in week one...Why not use the 25 sec clock that the college uses at Hambley???
too many personal fouls/unsportsmanlike in week one...part of being a disciplined football player is being able to control ones emotions and it seems some of Pikeville's players have a reputation with officials.
If Pikeville fumbles 4 times against Ashland, Belfry, Lex Cath, P-Burg...they will lose.
bigpun Wrote:Didn't the Walker kid who got hurt start both ways? Are those Ashlands only two injuries?

yes walker did start both ways and he could be out awhile...torn acl
Here is the Calpreps statistical projection:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

at Pikeville (KY)
[2007] Pikeville (KY) 28, [2007] Ashland Blazer (Ashland, KY) 13

at Ashland Blazer (Ashland, KY)
[2007] Pikeville (KY) 28, [2007] Ashland Blazer (Ashland, KY) 14

at neutral site
[2007] Pikeville (KY) 28, [2007] Ashland Blazer (Ashland, KY) 13

ashland by 1 td
Has Ashland ever lost back-to-back games against Class A opponents??
The only problem is that players read this site a lot. People last year were saying that Pikeville would beat Hazard and were looking forward to Pikeville - Somerset, and the players started to also.
Old Timer Wrote:Here are a couple of observations from an innocent bystander...Pikeville must minimize penalties to be successful against quality teams...

too many delay penalties in week one...Why not use the 25 sec clock that the college uses at Hambley???
too many personal fouls/unsportsmanlike in week one...part of being a disciplined football player is being able to control ones emotions and it seems some of Pikeville's players have a reputation with officials.
If Pikeville fumbles 4 times against Ashland, Belfry, Lex Cath, P-Burg...they will lose.

I agree 100% on the turn over comment! Turnovers are key when you play good competition.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
tomcatscc23 Wrote:yes walker did start both ways and he could be out awhile...torn acl
I hate that for him.
Watson Ritchie and Tyler Baker are two good recievers and Tyler Baker can go up and get the ball for Pikeville as we found ou against LHC. If Pikevilles defese is solid then they can come out with a win. You can never take all of Pikevilles RB out of the game there backfield is loaded.
jetpilot Wrote:Any injuries for Pikeville right now???
none at all
im listening to the game rite now pikeville is ahead by a td
any updates on that game
Ashland 7

pike co 0

at the half
red_devils_rule Wrote:Ashland 7

pike co 0

at the half

if you mean PIKEVILLE 22 ASHLAND 7, then you're right

we DEFINATLY arent pike co.
Won in the Trenches Wrote:if you mean PIKEVILLE 22 ASHLAND 7, then you're right