Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee County 60 Estill County 59
basketballwizz Wrote:There was time on the clock in the Powell co game and it sould have counted there was no time on the clock in the Estill Co game.
Maybe you can tell cheerforblue that.
"The Shot" vs Powell. In the original photo the clock can be seen reflecting from the glass backboard and there is clearly time remaining. And yes, I'm sure there were a few Powell fans saying that the shot shouldn't have counted.
Great Picture !!!!

Thats got to be a 26 or 27 footer!
JOBAKKA Wrote:I guess you still missed the point. He has run the JV clock for two years and has filled in before for varsity and does a good job. I guess no one in Estill land ever has a problem where they must miss a game. I wish it was so nice no one ever had a problem in thier life. But lets be honest how many Ft were missed how many turnovers how many mssied shots. all these factors could have turned the game in your favor. It is just easy to point the finger at someone else. Estill played a good game and Lee played a good game but it never comes down to one play. It is a cummulation of plays that determines an outcome. When Lee lost to Hazard there was a questionable play it was mentioned and congartulations were given to Hazard. Go look at the thread. So we have been there also. It wasn't the refs, scorekeeper, clock manager, man in the moons fault. We just lost to Hazard. Before long we will be talking about a mystery man and a grassy Knoll. I can't believe certain actions I saw last night either but I am over noe.

Typical Estill/Lee game. Home team more than not wins. The clock issue; Unless you are 18 years old, you are not permitted by the KHSAA to run the clock. So, if the criteria was met, let it be. Wasn't there but have seen enough of Estill/Lee games. If he had missed then something else would have been said. Leave it be.
This is a surprise...did charles hit it again?
basketballwizz Wrote:There was time on the clock in the Powell co game and it sould have counted there was no time on the clock in the Estill Co game.

In the powell co game there was 1.6 sec left on the clock...charles had time to throw it in....get the ball back, dribble and pull off the shot....SOUNDS LIKE LEE NEEDS A NEW CLOCK RUNNER!!!!
bobcatfan22 Wrote:In the powell co game there was 1.6 sec left on the clock...charles had time to throw it in....get the ball back, dribble and pull off the shot....SOUNDS LIKE LEE NEEDS A NEW CLOCK RUNNER!!!!
I spoke with Coach Lively afterwards and he was very pleasant in his congratulations and thought it was a nice shot. Never questioned the time. Hmm the last time we played at POwell the clock wasn't working correctly and the person that was running it I wouldn;t let walk my dog. We callled the Principal andasked that the clock be fixed by District time. I am willing to wager to see if it is fixed. The original picture dhoed thr time in reflection on the backboard and the ball is in the air.
[quote=JOBAKKA]I spoke with Coach Lively afterwards and he was very pleasant in his congratulations and thought it was a nice shot. Never questioned the time. Hmm the last time we played at POwell the clock wasn't working correctly and the person that was running it I wouldn;t let walk my dog. We callled the Principal andasked that the clock be fixed by District time. I am willing to wager to see if it is fixed. The original picture dhoed thr time in reflection on the backboard and the ball is in the air.[/QUOTE

Im not saying they was no time left on the clock....i believe the clock runner was a little slow with his thumb.....powell's clock is fixed...the only reason it was messed up was because it was just installed this year
Its awful hard to believe that the Lee County player caught the ball, turned around, and shoot the ball in .6 seconds. If he did, call UK because Meeks and Jasper are going to need some help next season. Smile
RedSox_#1 Wrote:Its awful hard to believe that the Lee County player caught the ball, turned around, and shoot the ball in .6 seconds. If he did, call UK because Meeks and Jasper are going to need some help next season. Smile

LOL Funny Post:rockon:
RedSox_#1 Wrote:Its awful hard to believe that the Lee County player caught the ball, turned around, and shoot the ball in .6 seconds. If he did, call UK because Meeks and Jasper are going to need some help next season. Smile

Some Estill fans insist that he took a little over one second to catch-land-shoot. It was kind of a bad pass Smile
Congrats to the Bobcats on the impressive win over Estill.
Chales hit a great shot; he just didn't hit it within .6. An Estill fan was overheard to say: "If I had one day left to live, I'd move to Lee County, where time stands still." Attention 56th district athletic directors: NO STUDENT SHOULD OPERATE THE CLOCK IN DISTRICT GAMES. If the regular clock operator is going to miss, it's called a CONTINGENCY PLAN. This result was, if one has even a modicum of intellectual integrity, a travesty, a genuine hometown foods "cheat for the win."
In this same line of thought: the Hazard/Rose Hill game Saturday: .3 left on the clock; tie game... Hazard inbounds underneath own basket...lob pass near the basket; catch and tip shoot...ball goes in... ref says, "No basket...not enough time to do this." However, Charles can catch, turn, gather and release in .6? "Lee County Standard Time" "Goal by Edwin Cheaterhands, assist to Charles."
thecavemaster Wrote:Chales hit a great shot; he just didn't hit it within .6. An Estill fan was overheard to say: "If I had one day left to live, I'd move to Lee County, where time stands still." Attention 56th district athletic directors: NO STUDENT SHOULD OPERATE THE CLOCK IN DISTRICT GAMES. If the regular clock operator is going to miss, it's called a CONTINGENCY PLAN. This result was, if one has even a modicum of intellectual integrity, a travesty, a genuine hometown foods "cheat for the win."

Thanks for your post cavemaster!:rockon:
JOBAKKA Wrote:Maybe you can tell cheerforblue that.

you don't have to tell cheerforblue anything.....I was referring to the post about Estill County clock keeper, I can not recall anything like this happening at Estill with the clock keeper. If there was I can't remember. Maybe someone can.
thecavemaster Wrote:In this same line of thought: the Hazard/Rose Hill game Saturday: .3 left on the clock; tie game... Hazard inbounds underneath own basket...lob pass near the basket; catch and tip shoot...ball goes in... ref says, "No basket...not enough time to do this." However, Charles can catch, turn, gather and release in .6? "Lee County Standard Time" "Goal by Edwin Cheaterhands, assist to Charles."
Your replay forgot that he went to the concession stand for popcorn also. I sure did not see no gather and release I saw catch and sling and it was a pure luck sling not a shot.
JOBAKKA Wrote:Your replay forgot that he went to the concession stand for popcorn also. I sure did not see no gather and release I saw catch and sling and it was a pure luck sling not a shot.

It was a tremendous shot; it did not "get off" in .6 seconds. Sling or shot... it counted because powers that be said it did: I cede that... nothing else.
Fair enough. We see it differently but I do respect your right to see it differently. No disagreement on the powers to be make the final decision.
Go Lee County!!
LCHSBOBCATS Wrote:Go Lee County!!

And, if you do go, Lee County, take your time...no need to hurry at all, unless, of course, you are leaving your timekeeper in Beattyville.
thecavemaster Wrote:It was a tremendous shot; it did not "get off" in .6 seconds. Sling or shot... it counted because powers that be said it did: I cede that... nothing else.

We've been working valliantly to gain your approval and are happy to know that you've finally saw the light! I reckon your opinion and mine are worth about the same and I have a boxfull of busted golfballs thats worth more than either.

But let's move on to more important matters.

I overheard a conversation yesterday at the drugstore that yore cheerleaders will be issued helmets by the end of the season. Please say it aint so! How can they do tumbles and hair-tosses with helmets on? Kentucky will be a laughin stock! This country overreacts to everything these days.
ARC Wrote:We've been working valliantly to gain your approval and are happy to know that you've finally saw the light! I reckon your opinion and mine are worth about the same and I have a boxfull of busted golfballs thats worth more than either.

But let's move on to more important matters.

I overheard a conversation yesterday at the drugstore that yore cheerleaders will be issued helmets by the end of the season. Please say it aint so! How can they do tumbles and hair-tosses with helmets on? Kentucky will be a laughin stock! This country overreacts to everything these days.

Move on.
Express Wrote:Move on.

Done. Good luck.
most of these posts from estill county fans act like estill cant be beaten..... but they have and can...... no matter who was keeping the clock at the time estill always looks for others to blame... OF COURSE u have to put one or more on charles bc he has proved many times this season that he will pop it anywhere..... and if any estill fan was at the hazard/lee game u would have saw charles shooting shots out of his butt....... but give some credit to the boy for making a a tremendous shot that lead the team to victory..... CONGRATS BOBCATS
HotSauce32 Wrote:most of these posts from estill county fans act like estill cant be beaten..... but they have and can...... no matter who was keeping the clock at the time estill always looks for others to blame... OF COURSE u have to put one or more on charles bc he has proved many times this season that he will pop it anywhere..... and if any estill fan was at the hazard/lee game u would have saw charles shooting shots out of his butt....... but give some credit to the boy for making a a tremendous shot that lead the team to victory..... CONGRATS BOBCATS

Again, it was a great shot. It did not happen in .6. The clock operation was akin to Munich in 1972. Estill is not unbeatable. Lee and Estill have played two very close games. This past Saturday's game was not that well played by either team and was not all that exciting until the last few moments. Charles is a very good player. He made a hail mary type shot. A student should not operate the clock in district games, per policy.
For anyone that cares buy a citizen voice & times and look at the shot. You have the picture posted here of the Powell Co shot .Then you in Lee Co see how really bad that the Ref's missed this call.
JOBAKKA Wrote:I spoke with Coach Lively afterwards and he was very pleasant in his congratulations and thought it was a nice shot. Never questioned the time. Hmm the last time we played at POwell the clock wasn't working correctly and the person that was running it I wouldn;t let walk my dog. We callled the Principal andasked that the clock be fixed by District time. I am willing to wager to see if it is fixed. The original picture dhoed thr time in reflection on the backboard and the ball is in the air.

You may as well call on the Pope to fix that clock as to call on PHC's principal, I assure you nothing has been done, he does nothing that has every been requested of him from another school re: basketball in that gym
What happened is done and there is no changing it. But well see what happens come district tourny time. Go Engineers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!