Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on 15th Region Final Four
Panther Thunder Wrote:Since then they have turned it around. I have no clue what it was, but since the All A championship they have been playing as well as anyone in the region. In the last 6 They have quality wins versus Johnson Central, Rowan County, Geogre Rogers Clark. And two losses one being one run to Paintsville and the other by 3 in extras against Lawrence County. As long as they don't revert back to the team they were in the early season, they should finish strong. The only bad loss on the season is to Pike Central. The others are to good teams or very good teams. We shall see how it all plays out in the coming weeks.

So your saying Pike Central is a bad team? Or do you mean get thumped at home? They are twice the team Pikeville is, the only reason pville is playing good is cause steve priode is throwing luke huffman every chance he gets. PC and Belfry are two even teams so im guessing BHS is bad to? Without Harmon they couldn't win a ball game, so they might as well issue a new ghost runner rule to let him bat every time
mullinstiger55 Wrote:So your saying Pike Central is a bad team? Or do you mean get thumped at home? They are twice the team Pikeville is, the only reason pville is playing good is cause steve priode is throwing luke huffman every chance he gets. PC and Belfry are two even teams so im guessing BHS is bad to? Without Harmon they couldn't win a ball game, so they might as well issue a new ghost runner rule to let him bat every time

You are clueless. PC and Belfry are good. Obviously you are not attending Pikeville games. Harmon is not even in the top 4 players on that team. He has raw talent but baseball is not his forte'. Had he dedicated to the sport then he would be good. Actually since he went down, the team is 6-2 versus 2-6 when he was playing and leading off. He is hitting 6th or 7th in the order now. As far as Huffman, he has pitched within the KHSAA rules and he may have one start on the other pitchers. Cecil, Boyd and Lane have all pitched well as has Mullins. No body knows the Panthers like Thunder does.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:So your saying Pike Central is a bad team? Or do you mean get thumped at home? They are twice the team Pikeville is, the only reason pville is playing good is cause steve priode is throwing luke huffman every chance he gets. PC and Belfry are two even teams so im guessing BHS is bad to? Without Harmon they couldn't win a ball game, so they might as well issue a new ghost runner rule to let him bat every time
This is the most clueless post I've seen in some time. Harmon has been out since they have turned it around. He is struggling almost as bad as anyone on the team, and I love Daniel. Luke has pitched about what he should be pitching. Dustin Boyd pitched versus Johnson Central and Luke didn't pitch much if any in the other two games in the Got Milk Classic as he had thrown against Paintsville earlier in the week. As for Pike Central being twice the team Pikeville is, yes, they did beat Pikeville, but their only 3 other wins are against Phelps, Valley, and East Ridge. They have not been competitive in games versus good teams. If Pikeville pitches Huff too much, then PC pitches Buck too much, which is not the case. The PC loss was a bad loss, because I feel they are not a strong team, and the giving up as 12 runs was unacceptable. Belfry is a hard team to judge, it seems they tend to play up or down to the level of competition.
Here is my 57th and why. I am guessing Johnson Central wins and Lawrence is Runner up. Johnson Centrals Pitching rotation is good enough now without Nick Vance but if he can come back and team up with a healthy Cody Parker and Mike Conley for the stretch run I dont see a team with pitching that deep.
JCHS05 Wrote:Here is my 57th and why. I am guessing Johnson Central wins and Lawrence is Runner up. Johnson Centrals Pitching rotation is good enough now without Nick Vance but if he can come back and team up with a healthy Cody Parker and Mike Conley for the stretch run I dont see a team with pitching that deep.

hadn't heard that Vance was back pitching this year and thought Conley was hurt ?
JCHS05 Wrote:Here is my 57th and why. I am guessing Johnson Central wins and Lawrence is Runner up. Johnson Centrals Pitching rotation is good enough now without Nick Vance but if he can come back and team up with a healthy Cody Parker and Mike Conley for the stretch run I dont see a team with pitching that deep.
JC does have a deep staff, but have a lot of injurys right now in the pitching department.
JC almost has a must win seeded game against Paintsville on monday. IMO, this will be a lot clearer after that game.