Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Upcoming Freshmen in the 14th Region
warmachine Wrote:Whitney Back played on a better team than Paige Slone did. Perry beat Cordia by about 30 I think. Whitney could probably score 30 a game if she shot as much as Slone. Whitney is a better pointguard than Slone. Whit runs the OFFENSE and plays great DEFENSE. Something Slone dont do. As for Whitney compared to Eldridge, well Eldridge is a roll player on a decent Letcher Central Team. Whitney could of ran the point for LCC just as good as Whitaker did. I have seen them all play and I would take Whitney Back over any of them.

Of course you would love Whitney Back. So if Whitney is so good why didn't she do anything last season when Perry needed her the most? Perry Central played a lot of "down" teams this year. So why didn't Whitney shine? Back will NEVER be as good as Slone. I have seen all of them play and would take just about anyone over Back. She whines and complains to much.
Last season:

Whitney Back: 14-14, District Runner-up

Paige Slone: 13-16, District Runner-up

Kelah Eldridge: 28-5, District Champions and Regional Runner-up.
What the record is between Dickie and Randy is irrelevant. We are talking about what is going on now. Dickie is having that mentality to reload every year. His players are young, and to be honest with you I think the next three years you will see the fruits of his and the teams labor. As for Eldridge, I talked to her mom, and she told me she is running cross country this year to work on her speed, and she is thinking about running track instead of softball. This will be a hard decision for her because she has played softball a long time, but that is for her call to make. Eldridge will be the best player in the 14th region before it is all said and done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Don't count out Vannah Breeding, I saw her this weekend at the sportsplex, she has lost a ton of weight over the summer and can play at any position. Kelah and Paige will battle it out for the best guards. Julie Cornett and Collins are both excellent posts. Its's going to be an exciting year.:Thumbs:
Is Kayla Rankin from PCC a 8th grader or freshman? Either way she is the real deal.
PinkBBall Wrote:Don't count out Vannah Breeding, I saw her this weekend at the sportsplex, she has lost a ton of weight over the summer and can play at any position. Kelah and Paige will battle it out for the best guards. Julie Cornett and Collins are both excellent posts. Its's going to be an exciting year.:Thumbs:

You are exactly right. Letcher Central has a strong well rounded Freshmen class and with the addition of Hillary Ratliff who came from Knott County, it will just make them stronger.
Lucky7 Wrote:Is Kayla Rankin from PCC a 8th grader or freshman? Either way she is the real deal.

She is an eighth grader and she is the real deal.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You are exactly right. Letcher Central has a strong well rounded Freshmen class and with the addition of Hillary Ratliff who came from Knott County, it will just make them stronger.

Didn't know we had a transfer. Great to hear! What kind of player is she?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Seems to be an excellent young lady. Is now one of the taller young ladies on the lady cougars. She is currently running cross-country for Coach Hubbard. Shows potential to be a good player. She isn't really considered a transfer as incoming Freshmen can go where they want.
that is true! Thanks for the info.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

OrangenowBlue Wrote:If Letcher Central is only a decent team it doesn't say much for Perry Central as LCC beat them 30 and 21 last year. That is with the benchwarmers playing in the fourth quarter. As far as Whitney Back, she is a good player but I'd take Eldridge.

They played with 4 8th graders and a 7th grader most of the game, what did you think they were going to beat them by. Very much improved and still very young. Just like Letcher, they are reloading with some very young and outstanding talent. Will be fun to watch both teams the next few years.
Coach Adams will have these kids ready.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who do you feel are the best incoming Freshmen in the 14th Region. Here is my list in no certain order.

Kelah Eldridge - Letcher Central
Vannah Breeding - Letcher Central
Whitney Back - Perry Central
Paige Slone - Cordia ?
Tie: Julie Cornett/Keisha Collins - both Letcher Central

i agree but i would put julie cornett as the 2ed n the freshman class
and auberney at lcc i dont know her last name but one of the best freshman defenders. erica meadss lil sister.
Could you imagine a starting lineup like this:

Kelah Eldridge, Whitney Back, Paige Slone, Vannah Breeding, Julie Cornett..

Off the bench: Kayla Rakin, Keisha Collins, Aubreney Campbell

All Freshman WOW!!!
I hope this means good things for Letcher Central this year. All this does is give them more experience, and make them a better ball player.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

i like julie cornett she plays hard
Kelah Eldridge is starting to make a statement in the region as she has been in double figures every game and that is on a team with five people averaging nine or more points a game. So it isn't a one girl show. It is a team effort.
What has she improved on since last year that has made her a better player orange?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

I think K. Eldridge is the best upcomming Freshman in the 14th region by far. I will go wiyh P. Slone 2nd, J. Cornett 3rd,W. Back 4th and K. Rakin 5th.
tcb Wrote:I think K. Eldridge is the best upcomming Freshman in the 14th region by far. I will go wiyh P. Slone 2nd, J. Cornett 3rd,W. Back 4th and K. Rakin 5th.

Rankin is only an eighth grader but she is going to be a dandy.
cougarpride08 Wrote:What has she improved on since last year that has made her a better player orange?

She still needs to work on some things but her defense has improved as well as dribble penetration. It also helps having teammates who can score so it makes it hard on the opposing team to key on her.