Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KFCA Awards
congrats to Trent from Breathitt
Congats to Sheldon Clarks Avery Ray....:rockon:
Does anyone know a link to see who made All District in each District??
Have the All Region players been selected yet??
Congrats to all winners.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Does anyone know a link to see who made All District in each District??
Have the All Region players been selected yet??

They haven't been announced out west as far as I know.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Someone asked how are these chosen, the simple answer would be BUDDY SYSTEM.

The district Coaches vote on the coach of the year and POY. However has the most buddies or fewest enemies typically win Coach of the year!!! It is not right but that is the system.

It amazes me that a) Dudley Hilton is not COY in his district and b)Larry French of Boyle is not COY in his district. Simply amazing.

I can see your point a little. But even in college football not the team that wins most ,but the team that improves the most. Then if it is by performance this year then Thomas of East got robbed. Exactly what did these coaches do that they were not expected to do. French and Hilton are absolutly in the top tier of coaches in KY.
El Indio Wrote:You are 100% correct. Plus it makes it look like the "district" doesn't know anything about football. It makes the district look bad! But the ones who know football know who the real COY's are. No doubt about that! TongueirateSho

What about a Jr. that rushes for 2450 and 23 TD's and also having a great year on Defense not getting poy , just because Lamar Dawson was in your district. Now that is a buddie system.
As a coach French won more games and I guess that must have meant he had a better season than Coach Bowlin, IMO it is about improvement. I would like to know how Dawson who is a Sr. , had a better season than Thomas who is Jr.
3wishes Wrote:It wasn't outlandish that either Wayne Mills or Mike Bowlin got COY, they both exceeded their expectiations and have had great years with less than stellar athletes. I see your point though, but those two districts selected fine coaches for the award neverless.

I can 100% assure you that East has athletes. And in most opinions on this site the players exceeded, despite the coaching staff.
joejoe Wrote:As a coach French won more games and I guess that must have meant he had a better season than Coach Bowlin, IMO it is about improvement. I would like to know how Dawson who is a Sr. , had a better season than Thomas who is Jr.

Yep. Cameron Thomas is a better player than Lamar Dawson *cough* and Bowlin is a better coach than French..... C'mon Man!

Dawson is, without a doubt, the best player in our district. To say he's not, is just asinine.
French is, without a doubt, the best coach in our district. As of this post, we have the longest win streak in the state and lost only one game (props to Bell Co) during his 3 yr tenure.
Granted EJ did improve. Bowlin still didn't beat Boyle or LexCath.... Nuff said!
joejoe Wrote:I can see your point a little. But even in college football not the team that wins most ,but the team that improves the most. Then if it is by performance this year then Thomas of East got robbed. Exactly what did these coaches do that they were not expected to do. French and Hilton are absolutly in the top tier of coaches in KY.

I understand your points but robbed is too strong of a word.

I used the same argument last year after basketball season when Damon Kelly got 12th Region Coach of the year instead of Coach Steve Adams at Boyle County. It's good to see they got it right in the football. My vote is with French of course, but I can see your argument for Bowlin. I won't dispute that even if he went 0-3 against the District Superpowers. East Jessamine had a great year and he deserves some credit for that.

Now, to say Cameron Thomas got robbed is asinine. That would mean that someone who wasn't deserving the award received it and we know that isn't the case. You yourself said Lamar should be Mr. Football but he shouldn't be District POY? We all know the routine.....#54 prospect in the nation on rivals.com, #1 college prospect in the state, National Finalist for US Army National Player of the Year......he has the stats defensively and offensively to back up his accolades and hype including the 32 total tackles game against East Jessamine. I wouldn't say robbed and again I understand your argument for Thomas but we all know when a hyped player lives up to the hype the hyped player wins the award. That's the way it is and the way it always will be. Ask Rees Macshara.

Good luck next year and I look forward to watching your basketball team this winter.
SportzAnimal Wrote:Yep. Cameron Thomas is a better player than Lamar Dawson *cough* and Bowlin is a better coach than French..... C'mon Man!

Dawson is, without a doubt, the best player in our district. To say he's not, is just asinine.
French is, without a doubt, the best coach in our district. As of this post, we have the longest win streak in the state and lost only one game (props to Bell Co) during his 3 yr tenure.
Granted EJ did improve. Bowlin still didn't beat Boyle or LexCath.... Nuff said!

I think that Thomas should of had it .Lamar Dawson was my pick for preseason . But i look at it like it is and the only reason thomas didnt get is that dawson was a monster on both side of the ball when Thomas was an amazing rb and a good db but Dawson is great on both side of the ball
SportzAnimal Wrote:Yep. Cameron Thomas is a better player than Lamar Dawson *cough* and Bowlin is a better coach than French..... C'mon Man!

Like I have said before, I think that Dawson should win Mr. footbal. I never said that Bowlin or Thomas was better, Bowlin had a great improvement and that is why he won. Thomas had a great season as well.
Congrads to Luke Magness