•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
Tailback44 Wrote:You are the HS coach why dont you let us in on what their names are? I know if your a HS coach you some sort of insight. Come on EKFF let us know!

All I have heard from many different people are "players" are coming!!! No one anywhere has said any names....
ekff Wrote:All I have heard from many different people are "players" are coming!!! No one anywhere has said any names....

The players are coming, the players are coming!!!!
[Image: http://i55.tinypic.com/beu64p.jpg]
Ballers Wrote:The players are coming, the players are coming!!!!
[Image: http://i55.tinypic.com/beu64p.jpg]

There you go EKFF. That makes it a fact. Five star players are on their way. Not as tall as those guys in the picture.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:There you go EKFF. That makes it a fact. Five star players are on their way. Not as tall as those guys in the picture.

You're not as tall as the guys in the picture? My word. :thatsfunn
Ballers Wrote:You're not as tall as the guys in the picture? My word. :thatsfunn

:beerwez:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:One of the few times but believe it or not you are my favorite PCC poster.

I'm honored to be at the top of such an esteemed list Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm honored to be at the top of such an esteemed list Wink

:Thumbs:
You two get a room.
ekff Wrote:All I have heard from many different people are "players" are coming!!! No one anywhere has said any names....

That's because nobody has been told their names. I heard they may be in this weekend, just the rumor.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:It is rumored that the number #1 player in Texas was asked about transferring to Cordia and his statement was: They tried to make me go to Cordia but I said no no no.

Honestly...hilarious!!! But you still making fun of Cordia so chill.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I heard that Cordia fans are already making reservations in Lexington for the Sweet Sixteen. With them being the next Oak Hill, it is rumored that the oddsmakers(aka a select few 14th region referees) have stated that they are a shoo-in to be the next regional champions. It is also rumored that the Lotts Creek hiearchy are discussing a name change for the school as they will soon be on the same level as Oak Hill Academy and Fork Union Academy. It is rumored, and this is only a rumor, that it will be named, Outhouse Mountain Academy.

Wow, LOL!
zaga_fan Wrote:PCC won't need to score 70 to beat Cordia...
Yep.
ekff Wrote:I talked to Hatcher awhile back and a few of his assistants and they all say Perry is going to play a little faster this year... Hatcher didn't always play slow ball, the guy just does what it takes for his team to win.....

But back to the topic of this thread... Top of the Region

I'd say this is how the preseason top 10 will look:

1- Perry Central
2- Buckhorn
3- Knott Central
4- Hazard
5- Breathitt County
6- Letcher Central
7- Leslie County
8- Cordia
9- Wolfe County
10- Powell County

I know a lot of people are high on Cordia right now but unless they bring some big time help in I see maybe a .500 win season or around 12-15....

Lets not forget Denny Fugate is a pretty good high school basketball coach, and he had a hard time last season with Cordia....
Good list, but I still wouldn't put Cordia in the top 10, despite the ridiculous rumors. I predict when the season ends next year, they won't have more than 10 wins. I can't see them getting any impact transfers.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Its a funny thing to me that in 91, 92, and 93 Knott County Central won the 14th region. So they must not have dominated them. Did they win the All "A" region. I do know that Jenkins won it in 1991 with Johnny Ray Williams and Brian Johnson. Dilce Combs was in there also and they also won the state with Cavanaugh Trent and Heston Beverly. Owsley County(runner up one year) and Hazard also had several All "A" state appearances. It might be easier to list the district titles that Cordia has won because I do not remember them either.

Haha, :Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote:Yep.

Good list, but I still wouldn't put Cordia in the top 10, despite the ridiculous rumors. I predict when the season ends next year, they won't have more than 10 wins. I can't see them getting any impact transfers.

For what is in bold what ridiculous rumors??? They did get transfers, and there are d-1 schools expressing interest in them. And a transfer who is athletic, can shoot the ball and is dunking in flip flops is a transfer with major impact.

And there schedule this year is an easy one, I have seen it. Without the transfers they would have still got 10 wins. With them they will have a MUCH better year than what any thinks they will, but I will admit cuz their schedule is easy.

Oh by the way, the boy that is dunking in flip flops, he is jus a sophmore and is 14 years old.
Aslan Wrote:I'll have to see it before I believe it bro.

I have!!! lol

They will get 20 wins. Before they knew who was the coach, they had to turn in a schedule to the khsaa, so they scheduled several easy wins. I believe they have Red Bird twice and Piarist twice, schools like that. Rhodes might schedule a few more teams though. When I saw the schedule the only games that were tough was LCC and KCC.
WALL2WALL Wrote:For what is in bold what ridiculous rumors??? They did get transfers, and there are d-1 schools expressing interest in them. And a transfer who is athletic, can shoot the ball and is dunking in flip flops is a transfer with major impact.

And there schedule this year is an easy one, I have seen it. Without the transfers they would have still got 10 wins. With them they will have a MUCH better year than what any thinks they will, but I will admit cuz their schedule is easy.

Oh by the way, the boy that is dunking in flip flops, he is jus a sophmore and is 14 years old.

You can get online and look at players from each class and see what schools are looking at them.... I haven't seen any players from Corida High School on any list..... But good for him for dunking in Flip Flops.... Hazard has 6 or 7 kids at there high school that can do that and they don't even play basketball...
ekff Wrote:You can get online and look at players from each class and see what schools are looking at them.... I haven't seen any players from Corida High School on any list..... But good for him for dunking in Flip Flops.... Hazard has 6 or 7 kids at there high school that can do that and they don't even play basketball...

I have found articles about Chris Hudson, Texas Tech and New Mexico has shown interest to him. The shorter boy has had Kansas State and Duke shown interest in him. MVP2 found them, ask him where you can find them.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I have!!! lol

They will get 20 wins. Before they knew who was the coach, they had to turn in a schedule to the khsaa, so they scheduled several easy wins. I believe they have Red Bird twice and Piarist twice, schools like that. Rhodes might schedule a few more teams though. When I saw the schedule the only games that were tough was LCC and KCC.

They play Clay County. Automatic "L"
They play Powell county who was 11-12 last year but still managed to thump the Lions by 30 points.
They play South Floyd. 15-11 but still managed a double-digit win.
Knott and Letcher are losses.

I'm just going by what I see on KHSAA.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I have found articles about Chris Hudson, Texas Tech and New Mexico has shown interest to him. The shorter boy has had Kansas State and Duke shown interest in him. MVP2 found them, ask him where you can find them.

Chris averaged 3 points last year according to Max Preps.

They must have been a big 3 points to get all that exposure.
Maybe he only comes on the court for the last play and nails a full-court shot.
Or maybe he averages 30 seconds of playing time and it's always a dunk + the foul on a seven footer.
zaga_fan Wrote:They play Clay County. Automatic "L"
They play Powell county who was 11-12 last year but still managed to thump the Lions by 30 points.

Powell and South Floyd are wins for the Lions this year.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Powell and South Floyd are wins for the Lions this year.

Interesting...
I didn't expect you to say that:eyeroll:
zaga_fan Wrote:Interesting...
I didn't expect you to say that:eyeroll:

Powell had that boy who graduated this past year, I forgot his name but Cordia couldn't guard him. That boy got hot and made everything he put up. He was the only reason why it was a blow out. Without him Powell drops dramatically in the 14th in my book.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I have found articles about Chris Hudson, Texas Tech and New Mexico has shown interest to him. The shorter boy has had Kansas State and Duke shown interest in him. MVP2 found them, ask him where you can find them.

I promise u no player at Cordia is being Looked at by DUKE!!!!

I promise I don't know if you heard that or if you made that up but its a lie....

But those kids might have went to a camp or something and talked to some D-1 scouts.... I remember Clint Stepp a few years back talked to a UCLA scout at a basketball camp and everyone said Clint was going to UCLA....
zaga_fan Wrote:Chris averaged 3 points last year according to Max Preps.

They must have been a big 3 points to get all that exposure.
Maybe he only comes on the court for the last play and nails a full-court shot.
Or maybe he averages 30 seconds of playing time and it's always a dunk + the foul on a seven footer.

Give him a break, he is just 14 years old. and im sure the reason why he didn't play is becuz the competition is much greater there than the 14th. I've seen the boy play, he has game. He will surprise all the doubters.
Aslan Wrote:Yep.

Oh, they won't make an impact?
How many times did you dunk in highschool?
A dunk is 2 points, but just curious...
ekff Wrote:I promise u no player at Cordia is being Looked at by DUKE!!!!

I promise I don't know if you heard that or if you made that up but its a lie....

But those kids might have went to a camp or something and talked to some D-1 scouts.... I remember Clint Stepp a few years back talked to a UCLA scout at a basketball camp and everyone said Clint was going to UCLA....

Camps are prlly what it is, but MVP2 can show u the articles.
zaga_fan Wrote:They play Clay County. Automatic "L"

I believe they will split the season with Letcher.

Knott depends on how healthy Davis is? He might get injured again, Davis is the key. If he is healthy, then I will agree with you.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I believe they will split the season with Letcher.

Knott depends on how healthy Davis is? He might get injured again, Davis is the key. If he is healthy, then I will agree with you.

Cordia by 15+ vs Letcher.
Ballers Wrote:Cordia by 15+ vs Letcher.
I will say Cordia gets a W against them, but I don't think 15+. I will say 7+.
Ballers Wrote:Oh, they won't make an impact?
How many times did you dunk in highschool?
A dunk is 2 points, but just curious...
Not contending for region impact. I never dunked in a game. I could barely dunk in a gym by myself, lol. What about you hoss?
ekff Wrote:I promise u no player at Cordia is being Looked at by DUKE!!!!

:Thumbs:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next