•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
All these Cordia fans with 10 posts are getting out of control lol
zaga_fan Wrote:All these Cordia fans with 10 posts are getting out of control lol

Bandwagon?
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Bandwagon?

bandwagon to hate on cordia? I'm thinking so. I'm not a cordia fan, nor perry, hazard, or knott for that matter. I don't diss on young boys for wanting to play basketball. I didn't see JBS folks making a deal when knott took over half their talent and went to state on it, I didn't see Bell Co. make a big deal when hazard got Josh Whitaker and went to state several times with him and the talent on that team. So why diss on these young boys for wanting the same ambitions? Rhodes is a good man and a good coach. It's like everybody can say what they want about Cordia, but when people from that community try to defend their school, their on a bandwagon? You people need to have some class.
What? You really think none of those schools made a big deal out of it when those people transferred. I caused such an up roar at JBS that the entire school fell apart and almost the entire student body ended up switching back to public schools. That school is all but non-existent now. Every time one of these good athletes transfers it cause uproar. Read on the girls basketball threat here about all the trouble being caused over the PCC girls transfers. The same thing in Prestonsburg with the kids transfering to the little Christian school over there. Pikeville's football coach just got disciplined by KHSAA for recruiting violations reported by upset parents.
should be "it cause" I didn't do a thing
whoha Wrote:bandwagon to hate on cordia? I'm thinking so. I'm not a cordia fan, nor perry, hazard, or knott for that matter. I don't diss on young boys for wanting to play basketball. I didn't see JBS folks making a deal when knott took over half their talent and went to state on it, I didn't see Bell Co. make a big deal when hazard got Josh Whitaker and went to state several times with him and the talent on that team. So why diss on these young boys for wanting the same ambitions? Rhodes is a good man and a good coach. It's like everybody can say what they want about Cordia, but when people from that community try to defend their school, their on a bandwagon? You people need to have some class.

I'm sorry I'm not as classy as the people that walk the roads of Lotts Creek.
whoha Wrote:bandwagon to hate on cordia? I'm thinking so. I'm not a cordia fan, nor perry, hazard, or knott for that matter. I don't diss on young boys for wanting to play basketball. I didn't see JBS folks making a deal when knott took over half their talent and went to state on it, I didn't see Bell Co. make a big deal when hazard got Josh Whitaker and went to state several times with him and the talent on that team. So why diss on these young boys for wanting the same ambitions? Rhodes is a good man and a good coach. It's like everybody can say what they want about Cordia, but when people from that community try to defend their school, their on a bandwagon? You people need to have some class.

I'm a frequent poster on this site and I have rarely seen anyone get on here and post about Cordia.
Now that they have a high profile athlete as a coach a thousand of em' come out of the woodwork.
That is the epitome of a bandwagon.

Unlike some of the Cordia posters I have never belittled or attacked an individual athlete. One reason that JBS didn't want to cause too many problems about Tate Cox transferring is that it would have been embarrassing for them. It was a bad situation and that transfer was justified. Some kids even had to sit out a year. Most of the kids on that team were Knott Central kids to begin with. Bell County didn't make a big deal because they ran off Josh's father as basketball coach and he was hired as an assistant at Hazard. They can hire whomever they want whether they have a son that plays or not and Coach Whitaker definitely had the qualifications to be an assistant. Comparing these situations to a coach allegedly recruiting and bringing in players from across the country to a pseudo boarding school for which he is allegedly living with the players for which, if true, are KHSAA rules infractions is like comparing peas to pork-n-beans, it is two completely different things. Rhodes may be a good man but I do not know him. He may be a good coach, I don't think anyone knows for sure because he has never been a head coach. Sounds like we may have a Rose Hill in the mountains and look where they are at today. I have even given Perry Central girls a hard time but their transfers appear to way more legitimate then these.

I'm not trying to get back into this pointless fight but I want to comment on some of your statements...

JBS didn't care anymore because Clark Stepp was gone, and the school just quit basketball after he left....

Bell County caused Josh Whitaker to leave, if they cared they wouldn't have ran his dad off... Hazard didn't go get Whitaker, Bell County ran them off... Coach Eddie Whitaker (dad) wanted the Perry job at first...

Rhodes does seem like a GREAT guy I mean he's working his kids hard and I respect that.. Kids in the gym is a lot better then kids of the streets being crazy.... But it's just hard for people from Hazard, Perry, and Knott to sit back and listen to someone say that a team is moving in on them at the top. Those 3 schools have been on the top of this region FOREVER, Hazard and Perry will always be on the top and Knott goes on these runs about every 5 years. It's just hard to believe that a new coach is going to come into Cordia and change that much in 1 year when there are coaches in this region who are legends....
ekff Wrote:I'm not trying to get back into this pointless fight but I want to comment on some of your statements...

JBS didn't care anymore because Clark Stepp was gone, and the school just quit basketball after he left....

Bell County caused Josh Whitaker to leave, if they cared they wouldn't have ran his dad off... Hazard didn't go get Whitaker, Bell County ran them off... Coach Eddie Whitaker (dad) wanted the Perry job at first...

Rhodes does seem like a GREAT guy I mean he's working his kids hard and I respect that.. Kids in the gym is a lot better then kids of the streets being crazy.... But it's just hard for people from Hazard, Perry, and Knott to sit back and listen to someone say that a team is moving in on them at the top. Those 3 schools have been on the top of this region FOREVER, Hazard and Perry will always be on the top and Knott goes on these runs about every 5 years. It's just hard to believe that a new coach is going to come into Cordia and change that much in 1 year when there are coaches in this region who are legends....

Good post....i understand the frustaration with the surrounding schools and their fans. And yeah the cordia fans including myself are overwelmed with the new coach and all the new transfers. Id say it is hard to get use to especially for Hazard and Perry they have been the top dawgs for as long as i can remember. But in the defense of all us cordia fans we're not trying to be rude,mean, or ignorant with our statements. Its just we believe with what we have now and what we will have for at least the next 3 years we can compete and can win in the 14th. But yea good post man best one (IMO) Ive seen on here.:Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm a frequent poster on this site and I have rarely seen anyone get on here and post about Cordia.
Now that they have a high profile athlete as a coach a thousand of em' come out of the woodwork.
That is the epitome of a bandwagon.

I will agree with you some what. many people have been getting on here rooting for my Lions, but at the same time their have been more than just a rare time when Cordia fans have posted. Since I first found this website my Freshman year, I have seen NUMEROUS Cordia fans post. Now, I am not a frequent member like most, but I do visit everyday to see what others are saying. You can not say Cordia fans rarely post on here because in the past 4 years I have seen Cordia fans post all the time. Just because someone doesn't post as much as you, doesn't mean it is a rare post or they are on the bandwagon.

No, for the accounts that are just being created, and are rooting for the Lions, who says they are bandwagons. Some may be Cordia fans creating new accounts, or new members that have just found the site. I will agree with you in that a FEW of them probably are what you call bandwagons, but I totally disagree with Cordia fans rarely on this site when they are on here as much as any other fan.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Good post....i understand the frustaration with the surrounding schools and their fans. And yeah the cordia fans including myself are overwelmed with the new coach and all the new transfers. Id say it is hard to get use to especially for Hazard and Perry they have been the top dawgs for as long as i can remember. But in the defense of all us cordia fans we're not trying to be rude,mean, or ignorant with our statements. Its just we believe with what we have now and what we will have for at least the next 3 years we can compete and can win in the 14th. But yea good post man best one (IMO) Ive seen on here.:Thumbs:

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm sorry I'm not as classy as the people that walk the roads of Lotts Creek.

Sorry, but making fun of Cordia fans because for the first time since the 07-08 season they have something to cheer about, is called having no class. This is probably the most exciting this school, and this program has had since Dook Combs Era. The fans are extremely excited about their school, and everybody is making fun of them. That can ONLY be called having no class.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Sorry, but making fun of Cordia fans because for the first time since the 07-08 season they have something to cheer about, is called having no class. This is probably the most exciting this school, and this program has had since Dook Combs Era. The fans are extremely excited about their school, and everybody is making fun of them. That can ONLY be called having no class.

I'm happy that everyone is pumped for this basketball season at Cordia and I think everyone would agree with me all this Cordia talk is good for the 14th region, because its always good to have a reason for ppl to come out and watch.. Before this it was the Holland at Hazard ERA that everyone wanted to see and now that everyone is over that the region needs something to watch for...

But what makes everyone mad on here is the statements about Chris Hudson being the best in the region and Cordia being the best in the region... And those are BOLD statements because NO ONE has really seen anything yet..
ekff Wrote:I'm happy that everyone is pumped for this basketball season at Cordia and I think everyone would agree with me all this Cordia talk is good for the 14th region, because its always good to have a reason for ppl to come out and watch.. Before this it was the Holland at Hazard ERA that everyone wanted to see and now that everyone is over that the region needs something to watch for...

But what makes everyone mad on here is the statements about Chris Hudson being the best in the region and Cordia being the best in the region... And those are BOLD statements because NO ONE has really seen anything yet..

Those are the Cordia fans who are over thinking the hire. I do see them competing this year but their best years are down the road.
Interesting to see all the buzz in the Cordia area.If Rhodes stays a substantial amount of time,they could be special in a few years or sooner.
ekff Wrote:I'm happy that everyone is pumped for this basketball season at Cordia and I think everyone would agree with me all this Cordia talk is good for the 14th region, because its always good to have a reason for ppl to come out and watch.. Before this it was the Holland at Hazard ERA that everyone wanted to see and now that everyone is over that the region needs something to watch for...

I agree. Thats a big statement to make considering the talent that is returning in the 14th this yr. LCC, PCC, KCC, and Buckhorn will all be very good this yr. Im sure the hudson kid is going to b a great player as well. To say he is the best in the region with the likes of Matt Day, Zac Davis and the Beverly kid (with what he did in the regional touney last yr as a 7th grader) is a STRONG statement. I wish the Lions well and im glad to see that their program is going in the right direction.
The people at LCC could care less about basketball. Its Football season and thats all that matters. If you people want to see a real UK Player come watch LCC Football. Tim Couch is at every game watching his younger cousin Logan Johnson. Couch never transferred when times got tough.

what don't you people understand, your getting mad over somebodies OPINION! you have your opinions, if these people want to think that about hudson and cordia, let them, theres nothing anybody or anyone can do about another persons opinion!

Why does he need transfers if he is a good coach? And, I'm not trying to be mean. Just a simple question.
surgeon Wrote:The people at LCC could care less about basketball. Its Football season and thats all that matters. If you people want to see a real UK Player come watch LCC Football. Tim Couch is at every game watching his younger cousin Logan Johnson. Couch never transferred when times got tough.

:popcorn:
Benchwarmer Wrote:Why does he need transfers if he is a good coach? And, I'm not trying to be mean. Just a simple question.

Good question!
WALL2WALL Wrote:Sorry, but making fun of Cordia fans because for the first time since the 07-08 season they have something to cheer about, is called having no class. This is probably the most exciting this school, and this program has had since Dook Combs Era. The fans are extremely excited about their school, and everybody is making fun of them. That can ONLY be called having no class.

Quit twisting people's words around.
I would like to find one post indicating that we are making fun of you because you finally have something to cheer about.
The jabs are in response to this nonsense about Cordia being a top team in the region, Chris Hudson being the best player, that they will out-hustle everyone in the region, people saying that coaches are getting together to talk about how they are going to beat Cordia, people saying that other coaches are going to pay money to get Rodrick Rhodes out of Cordia, and then acting like everyone is putting a target on their back and picking on them.
If you wanna be a top dawg you gotta put your big girl panties on.
Do Perry Central fans tell Hazard fans to stop picking on them or does Hazard say that to Perry? No. They get their words in and settle it on the court. Settling stuff on the court is something Cordia has NOT been able to accomplish in recent memory.

Before you get all tore up....
Yes - I know you have a new coach.
Yes - I know he brought in some transfers.
Yes - I know he says he wants a regional title.

We've not see the man coach a game.
We've not seen the transfers play in the 14th.

You guys have fun on here.
Once again, I wish Cordia the best of luck.
A more competitive 14th is NEVER a bad thing.

Once again...
I'm retiring and sticking to the football threads.

Bye
Benchwarmer Wrote:Why does he need transfers if he is a good coach? And, I'm not trying to be mean. Just a simple question.

This is a good question but also ask yourself well if Hatcher or Holland was to coach them would it make them better. Ill answer that with a big NO. Not saying former cordia players weren't good but if you just don't have the talent u just don't have it. Sumner is all they had last year hands down the rest were just decent role players. Holland and Hatcher are really good coaches, but they've never had to try to win with what cordias had to offer.
KHSAA12 Wrote:This is a good question but also ask yourself well if Hatcher or Holland was to coach them would it make them better. Ill answer that with a big NO. Not saying former cordia players weren't good but if you just don't have the talent u just don't have it. Sumner is all they had last year hands down the rest were just decent role players. Holland and Hatcher are really good coaches, but they've never had to try to win with what cordias had to offer.

Unretiring for one good argument

Good point.
But I guess it's no longer valid now that Cordia is stacked.
Let's see if Rodrick can win with his transfers.
I can't stay gone lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Quit twisting people's words around.
I would like to find one post indicating that we are making fun of you because you finally have something to cheer about.
The jabs are in response to this nonsense about Cordia being a top team in the region, Chris Hudson being the best player, that they will out-hustle everyone in the region, people saying that coaches are getting together to talk about how they are going to beat Cordia, people saying that other coaches are going to pay money to get Rodrick Rhodes out of Cordia, and then acting like everyone is putting a target on their back and picking on them.
If you wanna be a top dawg you gotta put your big girl panties on.
Do Perry Central fans tell Hazard fans to stop picking on them or does Hazard say that to Perry? No. They get their words in and settle it on the court. Settling stuff on the court is something Cordia has NOT been able to accomplish in recent memory.

Before you get all tore up....
Yes - I know you have a new coach.
Yes - I know he brought in some transfers.
Yes - I know he says he wants a regional title.

We've not see the man coach a game.
We've not seen the transfers play in the 14th.

You guys have fun on here.
Once again, I wish Cordia the best of luck.
A more competitive 14th is NEVER a bad thing.

Once again...
I'm retiring and sticking to the football threads.

Bye

I have always agreed with parts of your post and disagreed with parts of your post, and it is the same with this one. First of all, I don't know what else to call making fun of when I post something, or anybody post something about Cordia being a good team and a wise a** remark or joke is made after. If that is not making fun of, I don't know what is. I will agree with this nonsense of Cordia being a top team in the 14th, but they will still compete with any team in this region. If Cordia is lucky enough to make it to the region, and they play PCC, if PCC wins it will be less than 10. Chris Hudson is not the best player in this region, but is the best sophomore. Hustle matters on who wants it more, Cordia might want it more than the other team or the same the other way, so out hustle remains to be seen. I will agree that people making these remarks of coaches getting together to get him out at Cordia is bogus, that is totally not true, but if it was I wouldn't blame them. Cordia has no target on their back, that is just something the excitement around the program is doing. From talking to Rhodes, his staff, the teachers, and the administration, they expect to go to RUPP this year, that is what they are all expecting. One of the teachers are planning a Senior trip and she doesn't want to schedule it during March because she wants to watch the Seniors on RUPP, so it is just the excitement that makes it seem Cordia is a target. Cordia has not shown up in big games many times, even with their better teams. I will agree with that, if they want to show everyone that they are on the level with everybody else, they will need to show it on the court. Hazard and Perry always have good teams, and rarely miss the region, I believe I have the right to stick up for my school and program when somebody is putting them down. And yes their words will settle it on the court, Rhodes and the rest of the Lions by march will have shut many peoples mouths up. Yes we have not seen the man coach, and I wish him the best. Yes, we have not seen the transfers play as Lions but I wish them the best. I wish your Commodores the best this football season and basketball season!!!!! Remember, I went to Perry Schools almost all of my life, their will always be a part of myself that bleeds black and red, but I will forever be a Lion. I wish both of the schools the best, if my Lions don't win the region I am rooting for Perry because I do not want to see Hazard, or Knott go to RUPP for a long time!!!!!!!
KHSAA12 Wrote:This is a good question but also ask yourself well if Hatcher or Holland was to coach them would it make them better. Ill answer that with a big NO. Not saying former cordia players weren't good but if you just don't have the talent u just don't have it. Sumner is all they had last year hands down the rest were just decent role players. Holland and Hatcher are really good coaches, but they've never had to try to win with what cordias had to offer.

:Thumbs:

Stupidest post I've seen in my life.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next