•  Previous
  • 26(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:they have no good players to practice against so watching them practice is pointless!

Rhodes will be doing the honeycutt method. Bringing in formers cordia players and other to practice against the boys. Personally asked me to do so. So they'll have someone decent players to practice against. But mia30 ant just blowin this kid up for nuttin. He's national ranked and from the looks of it he balls hard.
whats the name?
Alright.
I am tired of hearing about a freakin' Canadian kid.
I don't see any names, stats, websites, etc..

If there is a Canadian kid - Please feel free to posts any imaginary stats you may have or a website to where we can actually see this kid. Talking about a transfer that is nationally ranked and is from Canada makes no sense to me. Proof is in the pudding. Let's see SOMETHING of it or else stop talking about it. Pointless.
Official practice is getting closer. I can't wait till this season starts. With the new addition to Knott, and Jaysean at Perry, and these new boys at Cordia, with Buckhorn and that Senior dominated team, with Letcher who will be right there competing with every team, I am so pumped because I am a basketball fan. 14th Region is going to be something special this season.

If Zach Davis stays healthy for the Patriots, don't count them out. With Justice at PG, Seth Adams can shoot the basketball, and Davis could be the best player in the region besides the transfers at Perry and Cordia. I have never liked BB as a coach but these players love him and they will play hard for him and playing hard will allow them to be in many games at the end.

Perry in preseason #1. Perry is just scary good. Dalton Cornett is the best big man in the Region(IMO). When I say that I mean true big man. Kyle Huff will be a key for the Commodores this season, they will need him to show up every game. Braxton Beverly is a player beyond his years. He plays so calm and collected but still plays with so much energy it crazy, this kid is the real deal. Then with the addition of Jaysean, just puts them IMO as a contender at RUPP. He was a top ranked player in New York, he will be a top ranked player in Kentucky, he gives Perry dept at the big positions.

Buckhorn is such a Senior dominated team it funny to say. After these players graduate they really won't have much. This team has stayed together since they were in elementary school. They have so much chemistry together, and because of the fact that they have this chemistry, because they have a player like Matt Day, and a PGlike Blank, and a deep team like they are going to have, they could very possibly turn some heads this season.

With the addition of Chris, Keem, Khalil, Owens, and they kid from Canada, it puts Cordia right up their with they other teams in this Region. I am not saying that these kids are automatically state contenders because they are not, but they are no worse or no better than Perry or Knott. Losing Marcus Sumner will hurt the Lions this season, but in the long run it will probably be a blessing for them. Because the fact that they lose him, players such as Josh Mullins, Owens, Austin Combs, and several of there bench players will have the opportunity to get more playing time, which will allow them to get better. But as far as this season goes, their chances at winning the Region would have been better with Sumner. With teams n this region averaging like 30-40 ppg, I am very interested in seeing this fast pace basketball that Rhodes is wanting to bring in.

Letcher is Letcher, hardly anyone picks them to win but they are still their at the end of the year. They only lost Roark from lastyears team, so I see this team turning some heads this season as well. I look for Logan Johnson to have a big year for the Cougars

These are the only teams that I see having a shot at winning the 14th region. Man am I excited about basketball.
Ballers Wrote:Alright.
I am tired of hearing about a freakin' Canadian kid.
I don't see any names, stats, websites, etc..

If there is a Canadian kid - Please feel free to posts any imaginary stats you may have or a website to where we can actually see this kid. Talking about a transfer that is nationally ranked and is from Canada makes no sense to me. Proof is in the pudding. Let's see SOMETHING of it or else stop talking about it. Pointless.

A couple of us have him added on facebook and on facebook their are a few videos of him playing ball. He did seend KHSAA12 some links to websites that have him ranked one of the top players in Canada.

If you can find him on facebook, try and add him. But we are not letting his name out until he finally gets here.
So he's not even enrolled at Cordia!?!?!?

:lolrage:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
Ballers Wrote:So he's not even enrolled at Cordia!?!?!?

:lolrage:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

Confusednicker:
By the time he supposedly get there it's going to be too late.
Half the season will be over..
Getting eligible takes longer than most people think - see Jaysean Paige for example.
I know Cordia has got high hopes, but putting a lot of hope in a guy that isn't even enrolled at Cordia yet is dumb. Sorry but it is. The Jaysean Paige chatter started when he was officially a PCC student.
Ballers Wrote:By the time he supposedly get there it's going to be too late.
Half the season will be over..
Getting eligible takes longer than most people think - see Jaysean Paige for example.
I know Cordia has got high hopes, but putting a lot of hope in a guy that isn't even enrolled at Cordia yet is dumb. Sorry but it is. The Jaysean Paige chatter started when he was officially a PCC student.

I will say that I totally agree with you here. The kid is still not even in USA yet. And I have no idea if or when he will be eligible. With a foreign exchange program do they automatically get eligible? Ca anybody help me with that question?

The kid looks good in his videos but still we must wait until we see him in person before we judge the kid.
Tony wolter from canada now playing for east ridge came into school bout 2 weeks ago and was ruled automatically eligible so I'm guessing so. Cordias will be here as soon as the school sends his papers bck. Then he's on his way. Then ballers can come ball at cordia and see for himself. Since this kid and his stats an rankings are imaginary. And the ruling on jaysean could take longer then everyone thinks. May have to even appeal it. Lol half the season could be half over by then ballers...Confusednicker:
KHSAA12 - What I'd like to do is give you an internet bitch smack.
So instead I invite you to this.

How about an avatar bet on PCC and Cordia in district and regional games?
Put that money where that mouth is Wink
WALL2WALL Wrote:Official practice is getting closer. I can't wait till this season starts. With the new addition to Knott, and Jaysean at Perry, and these new boys at Cordia, with Buckhorn and that Senior dominated team, with Letcher who will be right there competing with every team, I am so pumped because I am a basketball fan. 14th Region is going to be something special this season.

If Zach Davis stays healthy for the Patriots, don't count them out. With Justice at PG, Seth Adams can shoot the basketball, and Davis could be the best player in the region besides the transfers at Perry and Cordia. I have never liked BB as a coach but these players love him and they will play hard for him and playing hard will allow them to be in many games at the end.

Perry in preseason #1. Perry is just scary good. Dalton Cornett is the best big man in the Region(IMO). When I say that I mean true big man. Kyle Huff will be a key for the Commodores this season, they will need him to show up every game. Braxton Beverly is a player beyond his years. He plays so calm and collected but still plays with so much energy it crazy, this kid is the real deal. Then with the addition of Jaysean, just puts them IMO as a contender at RUPP. He was a top ranked player in New York, he will be a top ranked player in Kentucky, he gives Perry dept at the big positions.

Buckhorn is such a Senior dominated team it funny to say. After these players graduate they really won't have much. This team has stayed together since they were in elementary school. They have so much chemistry together, and because of the fact that they have this chemistry, because they have a player like Matt Day, and a PGlike Blank, and a deep team like they are going to have, they could very possibly turn some heads this season.

With the addition of Chris, Keem, Khalil, Owens, and they kid from Canada, it puts Cordia right up their with they other teams in this Region. I am not saying that these kids are automatically state contenders because they are not, but they are no worse or no better than Perry or Knott. Losing Marcus Sumner will hurt the Lions this season, but in the long run it will probably be a blessing for them. Because the fact that they lose him, players such as Josh Mullins, Owens, Austin Combs, and several of there bench players will have the opportunity to get more playing time, which will allow them to get better. But as far as this season goes, their chances at winning the Region would have been better with Sumner. With teams n this region averaging like 30-40 ppg, I am very interested in seeing this fast pace basketball that Rhodes is wanting to bring in.

Letcher is Letcher, hardly anyone picks them to win but they are still their at the end of the year. They only lost Roark from lastyears team, so I see this team turning some heads this season as well. I look for Logan Johnson to have a big year for the Cougars

These are the only teams that I see having a shot at winning the 14th region. Man am I excited about basketball.

Justice want be the point this year, it will be Davis!

You just lost all credibility with this statement. BB has only coached One year and has already won the district and went to the finals of the region! He won despite having several injured players and losing Seth Adams on a bogus ejection in the regional semi finals.

I don't see Dalton as a true big man, he likes to play outside and is a very good 3pt shooter. As a matter of fact I have never seen him score with his back to the basket. Maybe you have Dalton and Dillon confused.
KHSAA12 Wrote:Rhodes will be doing the honeycutt method. Bringing in formers cordia players and other to practice against the boys. Personally asked me to do so. So they'll have someone decent players to practice against. But mia30 ant just blowin this kid up for nuttin. He's national ranked and from the looks of it he balls hard.

well unless josh taylor or zach hurt or brian miller come to their practice, then they wont have any good players to practice against that use to play for cordia!!
ole_blue_sack_15 Wrote:well unless josh taylor or zach hurt or brian miller come to their practice, then they wont have any good players to practice against that use to play for cordia!!

totally disagree with the statement
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Justice want be the point this year, it will be Davis!

You just lost all credibility with this statement. BB has only coached One year and has already won the district and went to the finals of the region! He won despite having several injured players and losing Seth Adams on a bogus ejection in the regional semi finals.

I don't see Dalton as a true big man, he likes to play outside and is a very good 3pt shooter. As a matter of fact I have never seen him score with his back to the basket. Maybe you have Dalton and Dillon confused.

Name a more true big man in this region better????? Dalton is alright at shooting three's but he is still the best big man in this region. BB did almost take Knott to RUPP but like I stated, even when he was an assistant coach I have never liked him as a coach period no matter what his accomplishments may be. Many folks don't like hatcher but he finally took Perry to Rupp. Many people don't like several coaches and like others. It was just my opinion about the guy. I don't care if he one day won state with them, I never have or never will like BB King as a coach. And Davis is the point but what if he isn't healthy as we all hope he is????
MIA30 Wrote:I can see everyone complaining when we (cordia) whens region. " the only reason they won is because of the transfers." kcc got one from east ridge two from jbs..perry got jaysean.
lol
KHSAA12 Wrote:Rhodes will be doing the honeycutt method. Bringing in formers cordia players and other to practice against the boys. Personally asked me to do so. So they'll have someone decent players to practice against. But mia30 ant just blowin this kid up for nuttin. He's national ranked and from the looks of it he balls hard.

Hatcher and Big Al do that too.
Ricky Sumner, eligible last year in less than a week, Josh Mullins eligible last year in 4 days, Zach Kassee got eligible in 3 days. 3 players at Cordia was eligible in less than a week after papers was sent off. Zach Kassee was eligible a week before district. The boy will get eligible.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Name a more true big man in this region better????? Dalton is alright at shooting three's but he is still the best big man in this region. BB did almost take Knott to RUPP but like I stated, even when he was an assistant coach I have never liked him as a coach period no matter what his accomplishments may be. Many folks don't like hatcher but he finally took Perry to Rupp. Many people don't like several coaches and like others. It was just my opinion about the guy. I don't care if he one day won state with them, I never have or never will like BB King as a coach. And Davis is the point but what if he isn't healthy as we all hope he is????

Hobert Asher, geez that was easy. He may not be a better player over all but he is a better true big man!

You just personally don't like him, not his coaching ability, right? I get it, it's the Cordia little brother thing!

You are not very convincing saying you hope Davis is healthy!
MIA30 Wrote:I can see everyone complaining when we (cordia) whens region. " the only reason they won is because of the transfers." kcc got one from east ridge two from jbs..perry got jaysean.

Who are these players that Knott Central got from other high schools, JBS and East Ridge. I thought they were freshman this year? If they are Freshman how did they attend these high schools last year?
Benchwarmer Wrote:Who are these players that Knott Central got from other high schools, JBS and East Ridge. I thought they were freshman this year? If they are Freshman how did they attend these high schools last year?

Your right Benchwarmer they were all eighth graders last year, they could have went anywhere they wanted.
But don't forget Daddy got a job, that is why Justice is at Knott County. He probably is getting to the same pay Dave Fraley got lol!!!! Maybe even the same house Confusednicker:
WALL2WALL Wrote:Marcus Sumner and Ricky Sumner have transferred to Perry. Anybody know if they are wanting to try and get eligible to play ball?

Why is know one talking about this? Its pathetic that why! This is the result of transfer's! Two local boys that want get to play this year, hope your proud Cordia!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Why is know one talking about this? Its pathetic that why! This is the result of transfer's! Two local boys that want get to play this year, hope your proud Cordia!

Why did they leave?
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:But don't forget Daddy got a job, that is why Justice is at Knott County. He probably is getting to the same pay Dave Fraley got lol!!!! Maybe even the same house Confusednicker:

How much is Rhodes getting to coach, were does he live, and what is his job title?
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:But don't forget Daddy got a job, that is why Justice is at Knott County. He probably is getting to the same pay Dave Fraley got lol!!!! Maybe even the same house Confusednicker:

Daddy got a job because he is and excellent coach and a certified educator! Not some made up coal company job! It is the same as Eddie Whitaker getting the job at Hazard.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Why is know one talking about this? Its pathetic that why! This is the result of transfer's! Two local boys that want get to play this year, hope your proud Cordia!

What are you tlking about../?marcus sumner was in the starting line up and ricky sumner was in the rotation. These boys left with no intentions to play at perry central. It was nothing to do with the ball team.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Daddy got a job because he is and excellent coach and a certified educator! Not some made up coal company job! It is the same as Eddie Whitaker getting the job at Hazard.

HAHAHHAAHAHHA, thats a good one there JACKASS!!! PLease dont even get me started bout ur GREAT educators and coaches yall hire and they just seem to have a great player as a son. Dont Start with that crap. U need to go back to the HEAD of beaver and hide with STUPID statements like that!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Hobert Asher, geez that was easy. He may not be a better player over all but he is a better true big man!

You just personally don't like him, not his coaching ability, right? I get it, it's the Cordia little brother thing!

You are not very convincing saying you hope Davis is healthy!

I got news for ya, I didn't like BB as a coach before he came to Knott. Him coaching at Knott has nothing to do with it.
ballstar Wrote:HAHAHHAAHAHHA, thats a good one there JACKASS!!! PLease dont even get me started bout ur GREAT educators and coaches yall hire and they just seem to have a great player as a son. Dont Start with that crap. U need to go back to the HEAD of beaver and hide with STUPID statements like that!!!

When you call people names all you are doing is proving their point! It proves you have no legitimate arguement!

Don't even know how to get there!
KHSAA12 Wrote:What are you tlking about../?marcus sumner was in the starting line up and ricky sumner was in the rotation. These boys left with no intentions to play at perry central. It was nothing to do with the ball team.

I'm talking about two local boys not getting to play because of out of state transfers!!! That's all I'm saying!!! And yes, that is why they left Cordia no other reason!!!
  •  Previous
  • 26(current)
  • Next