•  Previous
  • 34(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
Next year will be Cordia's year, but i do believe they have a slit shot at it this year depending on eligibility rulings and the health of a few players. PCC will be #1 until proven otherwise.But.......................................Go Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WALL2WALL Wrote:What you have against me and Cordia I do not know. I was in the Perry county School System from preschool to 8th grade. i went to several games at RUPP in red, black, and white. I have supported PCC all my life. Just because I went to Cordia for 4 years doesn't mean I can't be a fan of both!

I know about each student is worth money. But in every school board there are politics, and you can't deny that Kim King and the Knott county board is not happy that Rhodes is at Cordia. That woman hardly cares about that school.

I have no Cordia complex, where you get that I do not know.

Excellent reply WALL!

I just don't believe the part about Mrs. King not happy with Rhodes and his players. She could have stopped it if she wanted to! All she had to do was to tell the Principal to not hire him! Like I said be realistic.
No one is happy that rhodes is here and that he will be turning cordia into a winning schoool. i mean look at how far this thread has turned out to be...
WALL2WALL Wrote:Next year will be Cordia's year, but i do believe they have a slit shot at it this year depending on eligibility rulings and the health of a few players. PCC will be #1 until proven otherwise.But.......................................Go Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^Agreed. Cordias best year will come next year if there are eligibility rulings that aren't in their favor this year. Edgar is a player that can take a team to state no problem in this region. But its just like the Jaysean issue at perry when it comes to how the team will gel. Let's Just hope he gets here soon.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Excellent reply WALL!

I just don't believe the part about Mrs. King not happy with Rhodes and his players. She could have stopped it if she wanted to! All she had to do was to tell the Principal to not hire him! Like I said be realistic.

Mr. Jones promised the site base council when he was hired that he will never go against them. If he does then they will get rid of him as fast as they can. Site base council voted to hire Rhodes and he hired him, no matter if she did say yes or no. Mr. Jones could have said no if Kim King told him to not hire him but he wouldn't have a job long.
Cordia has some real talent coming up . Jaylyn Williams is coming from what I hear also(an 8th grader). Also heard that Austin Combs,7th grader, is lighting up the county preseason tournament in Knott County. I think he's averaging 41 points a game so far.If Rhodes stays,Cordia will be pretty strong in a few years. Don't know how strong the varsity will be for Cordia,haven't seen them play.Did get to watch the Justice kid play along with the other Patriots at open gym and they have alot of talent this year and should compete strong in the 14th.PCC is still the champs until someone proves different.Going to be very exciting in the 14th this year!!!
zonebuster Wrote:Cordia has some real talent coming up . Jaylyn Williams is coming from what I hear also(an 8th grader). Also heard that Austin Combs,7th grader, is lighting up the county preseason tournament in Knott County. I think he's averaging 41 points a game so far.If Rhodes stays,Cordia will be pretty strong in a few years. Don't know how strong the varsity will be for Cordia,haven't seen them play.Did get to watch the Justice kid play along with the other Patriots at open gym and they have alot of talent this year and should compete strong in the 14th.PCC is still the champs until someone proves different.Going to be very exciting in the 14th this year!!!

:Thumbs:
WALL2WALL Wrote:Mr. Jones promised the site base council when he was hired that he will never go against them. If he does then they will get rid of him as fast as they can. Site base council voted to hire Rhodes and he hired him, no matter if she did say yes or no. Mr. Jones could have said no if Kim King told him to not hire him but he wouldn't have a job long.

Don't think site based council's can fire anybody, just recommend hiring.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Don't think site based council's can fire anybody, just recommend hiring.

They can't fire, but they sure can do everything in their power to run a principal off. They ran Mr. Creech off.
WALL2WALL Wrote:They can't fire, but they sure can do everything in their power to run a principal off. They ran Mr. Creech off.

You can only be "ran off" if you want to! Once again be realistic!
^I don't really think that Mrs.King is mad over Rhodes having the coaching job at cordia, no one cared at first cause its cordia. All the of these nonsense started when 3 kcc players started playing for cordia and the three transfers from texas we're getting recognized. After Mrs.King hand-delivered that letter to alice stating that the texas transfers were rasing kane and had passing grades for running the halls, made it obvious that knott county was worried about the new team rhodes had put together.IMO She didn't care in the get-go, but after Rhodes made it known he didn't come here just to get beat down the nonsense started. For example,the letter, and the canadians paper that just so happened to have something wrong after the knott county board fooled with them.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You can only be "ran off" if you want to! Once again be realistic!

If you want to, exactly! Make Jones life at Cordia a miserable hell and he probably would want to leave. You just stated exactly what I was saying.
Cordia thread with over 1,000 post!

:letsparty :Wave: :beavis:
KHSAA12 Wrote:^I don't really think that Mrs.King is mad over Rhodes having the coaching job at cordia, no one cared at first cause its cordia. All the of these nonsense started when 3 kcc players started playing for cordia and the three transfers from texas we're getting recognized. After Mrs.King hand-delivered that letter to alice stating that the texas transfers were rasing kane and had passing grades for running the halls, made it obvious that knott county was worried about the new team rhodes had put together.IMO She didn't care in the get-go, but after Rhodes made it known he didn't come here just to get beat down the nonsense started. For example,the letter, and the canadians paper that just so happened to have something wrong after the knott county board fooled with them.

Exactly!!!
Shame on a superintendant that would expect basketball players to go to class, act like normal students, and earn their passing grades. Mrs. King shame on you for putting academics first over athletics.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Shame on a superintendant that would expect basketball players to go to class, act like normal students, and earn their passing grades. Mrs. King shame on you for putting academics first over athletics.

King brought Alice a letter saying that she had info that these kids were not going to class, running the halls and were still passing, which was totally false!!! Alice grabbed that exact sheet of paper in front of Ms. King and ripped it apart.

She was wanting them to go to class yeah, but the problem was they already were. They are all good academic students that go to class and do there work.
Who the heck is Alice and what is her role? She is not the principal nor the superintendant. Is she a female mafia figure whose family rules Lotts Creek.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Who the heck is Alice and what is her role? She is not the principal nor the superintendant. Is she a female mafia figure whose family rules Lotts Creek.

Alice Whitaker, Director of the school, her aunt started the school, without her the school doesn't stay open!
wall2wall Wrote:alice whitaker, director of the school, her aunt started the school, without her the school doesn't stay open!

10-4
WALL2WALL Wrote:If you want to, exactly! Make Jones life at Cordia a miserable hell and he probably would want to leave. You just stated exactly what I was saying.

No, my point is that the Principal is the Boss of the School!!! NO TEACHER or SITE BASED COUNCIL MEMBER can make a Principal's life a "miserable hell" unless he let's them.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:No, my point is that the Principal is the Boss of the School!!! NO TEACHER or SITE BASED COUNCIL MEMBER can make a Principal's life a "miserable hell" unless he let's them.

That's your tail I am sitting on mine. Confusednicker:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Shame on a superintendant that would expect basketball players to go to class, act like normal students, and earn their passing grades. Mrs. King shame on you for putting academics first over athletics.

They go to class, they do their work and earn their own grades, they have more class than most ball players you see role through KCC who think they are better than everyone else. Even though she is not as bad as John Paul, who is extremely bad at putting athletics first, she has never put academics first
Alice Whitaker is a great women, does everything she can to help the students at Cordia out and even through college. And yes the site base council can do pretty much whatever they want within the school as far as activities and events, they can easily make the job of a principal as bad as they want. All decisions have to be brought in front of the site base. With players like Austin Combs coming up the future sure looks bright at Cordia
How is all this playing out with Cavanaugh since he is the athletic director at both schools and he is married into Mrs. King's family. He also was an assistant on Raymond Justice's staff at Letcher Central where both he and B.B. were assistant coaches.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:How is all this playing out with Cavanaugh since he is the athletic director at both schools and he is married into Mrs. King's family. He also was an assistant on Raymond Justice's staff at Letcher Central where both he and B.B. were assistant coaches.

I would say his life is a living hell at this point. Rhodes will have a prepschool by next yr if he continues, if not then for sure 2 yrs from now. Im not sure its gonna effect KCC or anyone else in the region unless its this yr. I think Cavanaugh and Ms. king knows that.
WALL2WALL Wrote:If you want to, exactly! Make Jones life at Cordia a miserable hell and he probably would want to leave. You just stated exactly what I was saying.

HaHa. Cordias principal quit this morning. Guess u was right wall.
KHSAA12 Wrote:HaHa. Cordias principal quit this morning. Guess u was right wall.

Very interesting!
KHSAA12 Wrote:HaHa. Cordias principal quit this morning. Guess u was right wall.

I was just saying that, never knew Mr. Jones was going to quit. Had no idea that was going to happen.
Mr. Jones the long distance runner I see on the side of the road?
The Brooklyn Brawler Mr. Jones?
  •  Previous
  • 34(current)
  • Next