•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Pikeville High School?
God of Thunder Wrote:I believe that personal matters (or rumors to that effect) need not be discussed in the forums!

What exactly is the rumor?
All I see is Speculation and personal opinions. Nothing wrong with that.
I heard Bobby Petrino was already wearing out his welcome in Arkansas and was taking the Pikeville job. Big Grin JK
God of Thunder Wrote:I believe that personal matters (or rumors to that effect) need not be discussed in the forums!
I agree and they will not be tolerated when they effect a person's character.
pikeville will get a good coach to much history there! good luck guys! I will throw a name out there jay cobb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Cobb would be a great hire! Old SV guy, any truth or just a opinion?
So when did jackson leave?
Capt. DH Wrote:Rumor has it that two of BGR's finest will be named co head coaches within the next millenium. Chuck Taylor and jetpilot congratulations on this honor. LOL
Just kidding guys!

Don't want to coach. If I did then who would I complain about:confused:
The Private Wrote:pikeville will get a good coach to much history there! good luck guys! I will throw a name out there jay cobb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cobb has considered leaving the BriarJumpers on many occasions.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Cobb has considered leaving the BriarJumpers on many occasions.
He would be a great! Hire.Big Grin
I know the principal will make the final call after consulting with the SBDM council. And the superintendent is bound to hire the recommended candidate. But how much input will the new athletic director have in searching or finding the next football coach?
So when didi Jackson leave, and does anyone know where he's going to land next, o rhas he already.
kysportsguru Wrote:So when didi Jackson leave, and does anyone know where he's going to land next, o rhas he already.

He announced it to the team yesterday. There is a thread on it.

He has also made a public statement about it. No word on where he's going, but I would guess that he has somewhere in mind.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:Yes they do.

No they dont.

I shouldn't have to explain that.

Also, with Jason Howell. It won't happen

With record (and I don't mean football) he has at PHS, many high standing members in the community would roll over and die twice before he or Howard for that matter took that field, as a head coach or as a water boy.

That wont happen.

Also, there is a HIGH chance that they will go out of district on this one, but if by some chance they do stay inside the district, Copley will be most apt to get the position. But like I said, it wont be an inside thing, then you just have to replace Copley, and so on. Pikeville really dosen't like doing that.

Also, The athletic committee is who decides who the coach will be, presents it to the principal, and he hires. Thats the way it works, Kind of an unwritten code. I do believe Mayo has the ''final say'' in it, but I'd bet my house that he would not go away from the committee. Its unheard of.
ComfortEagle Wrote:He announced it to the team yesterday. There is a thread on it.

He has also made a public statement about it. No word on where he's going, but I would guess that he has somewhere in mind.

Has an interview SOMEWHEREBig Grin this weekend
Chuck Taylor Wrote:I know the principal will make the final call after consulting with the SBDM council. And the superintendent is bound to hire the recommended candidate. But how much input will the new athletic director have in searching or finding the next football coach?

WRONGO

sorry, had to say that.

SBDM has nothing to do with this decision. They stay on the educational end of everything. If im not mistaken a SBDM member may sit on the athletic committee, but thats the most.

ANDDDDDDDDD

The principal consults with the super, but the decision stays within the building the hire is in.
PantherPro Wrote:WRONGO

sorry, had to say that.

SBDM has nothing to do with this decision. They stay on the educational end of everything. If im not mistaken a SBDM member may sit on the athletic committee, but thats the most.

ANDDDDDDDDD

The principal consults with the super, but the decision stays within the building the hire is in.

according to Kentucky state law EVERYTHING must be consulted through the SBDM Council......sometimes its just a formality but if someone would want to fight it they would have some grounds..........
PantherPro Wrote:No they dont.

I shouldn't have to explain that.

Also, with Jason Howell. It won't happen

With record (and I don't mean football) he has at PHS, many high standing members in the community would roll over and die twice before he or Howard for that matter took that field, as a head coach or as a water boy.

That wont happen.

Also, there is a HIGH chance that they will go out of district on this one, but if by some chance they do stay inside the district, Copley will be most apt to get the position. But like I said, it wont be an inside thing, then you just have to replace Copley, and so on. Pikeville really dosen't like doing that.

Also, The athletic committee is who decides who the coach will be, presents it to the principal, and he hires. Thats the way it works, Kind of an unwritten code. I do believe Mayo has the ''final say'' in it, but I'd bet my house that he would not go away from the committee. Its unheard of.

Yes they do. I shouldn't have to explain it to you. You yourself were bragging how Pikeville DESTROYED LCA. Most of the people saying Pikeville can't compete at the top anymore are just making excuses for poor results.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...stcount=62

There are dozens of coaches out there who can take Pikeville to the next level. Let's hope the committee doesn't screw it up again.
NEXT Wrote:according to Kentucky state law EVERYTHING must be consulted through the SBDM Council......sometimes its just a formality but if someone would want to fight it they would have some grounds..........

Better read up on what the site based responsibilities are . Athletics hiring is not one of them.The site based committee has absolutely nothing to do with hiring coaches. The principal does not even have to consult with the superintendent for that matter. Maybe not a wise thing if he doesn't, but non the less, not required.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Better read up on what the site based responsibilities are . Athletics hiring is not one of them.The site based committee has absolutely nothing to do with hiring coaches. The principal does not even have to consult with the superintendent for that matter. Maybe not a wise thing if he doesn't, but non the less, not required.

It's my understanding that if the "coach" (so to speak) is hired to "teach" as well as coach then the SBDM counsel DOES have say so in the matter. Do the coaches also teach over that way?? OR are they hired, paid a good sum of cash, and ONLY coach football??

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:It's my understanding that if the "coach" (so to speak) is hired to "teach" as well as coach then the SBDM counsel DOES have say so in the matter. Do the coaches also teach over that way?? OR are they hired, paid a good sum of cash, and ONLY coach football??

In the case of teaching, yeah, that is correct. But not for hiring of coaches. That is strictly principal discretion.
The principal usually has the meeting and interviews with site base, but it is the final word from the principal. It doesn't matter what the site base wants, it is what the principal wants. The principal will do what ever the super wants. The super will do what ever the politicians in that city want. That is just the way the ball rolls in the mountains.

I think in Pikeville City Schools the board members, atheletic director, and super decides and then gives it to that principal.
Never underestimate Jason Howell or Ben Howard.
By Kentucky School Law, Royce Mayo has the final say in this matter. The Site-Base Council only recommends to the Principal.

The Principal has the final say.
What about Saunders at SV he is a very good coach. He has done a great job here with alot of things going against the program. I know the boys love playing for him.
Phoenix Panther Wrote:I wouldn't want my son playing for either of these gentlemen, due to past track record.

Not the kinds of Role Models he needs at this point in life.

Such as............?
Maybe Pikeville should make a play at Guy Morris and try to get him from going to Boyle Co.
God of Thunder Wrote:Such as............?
No need to go there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The kids would run their head through a wall for Jason when he was at Pikeville. He is a VERY good teacher as well. As for baggage, no one on this board hasn't made mistakes in their life that they have hopefully learned from as they grew older and wiser.:mad: If the goal at Pikeville is to hire a coach who hasn't made any mistakes, they are in for a very long search, lol.
I agree with you jetpilot! No person in this forum is perfect or mistake free.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Hardnosed football will not win state championships against these teams coming out of the rest of KY, not anymore. As we see almost every year, the teams from Northern and Central KY are much more fast, much more quick. It doesn't matter how hardnosed you are if you're getting run all over the field.
What would you call Belfry and Russell? They have been getting it done.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next