Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
74.50%
Russell Red Devils
25.50%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
mrfootball03 Wrote:NOT QUALITY OPPONENTS.. Quality wins.. lol

East Ridge can play St. X.. doesn't make **** if they don't win :thumpsup: Smile
Smile Smile
Belfry
we would have loved to have gotten to be the one who beat Russell last year as well.. but there was a problem.. they weren't even good enough to make it back to CAM.. lol They got beat by that team we hung more than 60 on LMAO
DevilsWin Wrote:You have played 1 Quality Team. You won, Barely! Good Job!

Russell has had several quality opponents.

Boyd Co, just won their District. We beat them.

Raceland, District Champion, we played them.

Simon Kenton, Good 6A team we played them.

Ashland (huge rivalry), 5A school just beat Dixie Heights we played them.

If you count Boyd County then Belfry has played 4 quality teams, WINNING ALL:

Lou. Holy Cross - District Champs, beat Etown..we beat them
Pikeville (huge rivalry)- District Champs, we beat them
Sheldon Clark- Good 3A team, we beat them
Johnson Central- District Champs, we beat them
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If you count Boyd County then Belfry has played 4 quality teams, WINNING ALL:

Lou. Holy Cross - District Champs, beat Etown..we beat them
Pikeville (huge rivalry)- District Champs, we beat them
Sheldon Clark- Good 3A team, we beat them
Johnson Central- District Champs, we beat them

shew, its getting quiet... where did our buddies go??
mrfootball03 Wrote:shew, its getting quiet... where did our buddies go??

They are studying the boxscore of Belfry vs. West Carter and daydreaming....Big Grin
mrfootball03 Wrote:what about in 04' when the undefeated and invincible Josh Gross & Co. came struttin' into Belfry with that same Russell "Attitude" you talk about, and got demolished.. lol
What about it? Don't think that game helps Belfry this friday.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:What about it? Don't think that game helps Belfry this friday.

niether does 06', you all keep bringing up.. lol

i mean.. i know its kinda upsetting to know your season will be done with only 12 games this year.. but take that up with the KHSAA not us.. we can't help we're winners Smile Wink
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They are studying the boxscore of Belfry vs. West Carter and daydreaming....Big Grin

i can see it now lol

"there has got to be something we can twist and make our 7-4 season look impressive" :confused: :o Sad
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For aguement sake....

RUSSELL'S VICTORIES
Greenup 3-8
Boyd 7-4
West Carter 3-8
East Carter 3-8
Lawrence County 0-11
Lewis County 1-9
Pike Central 4-7

- Record of teams Russell has defeated 21-55 ( 27.6 % winning percentage)
- Last win over team who currently has winning record was in Week 2
- ONE victory over team with winning record
- Defeated no teams currently ranked in their respective class

BELFRY'S VICTORIES
Lou. Holy Cross 7-4
Lawrence County 0-11
East Ridge 1-9
Shelby Valley 5-6
Pikeville 6-5
Magoffin County 5-6
Pike Central 4-7
Sheldon Clark 9-2
East Carter 3-8
Johnson Central 10-1
West Carter 3-8

-Record of teams Belfry has defeated 53-67 (44.2% winning percentage)
- Last win over a team with a winning record in Week 11 (3 wins over winning teams since Russell's win over Boyd County)
- 4 wins over teams with winning records
- 3 wins over teams currently ranked in their respective classes

Do we really want to continue this schedule bashing arguement?

Yeah, Ill take you up on continuing this one.

Of the four teams with a winning record only Johnson Central is a quality team. Sorry but Pikeville is not good at all, Holy Cross not really and Sheldon Clark has beat a bunch of bad teams and not even been competitive with the two good teams they faced.

Just because you have a good record does not mean that you are a great team. Examples Allen Central and Sheldon Clark.

Russell although losing four games have played much better teams than that and also has been competitive in those games. Ashland was only up 13-10 late in the third quarter before the wheels came off. That was an embarrassing performance that has pretty much hung around this teams neck all year. They quit and alot of people have judged them by that game they whole year.

Simon Kenton has the best running game that Russell has or will face all year. That was a one score game until three consecutive turnovers in the 3rd quarter.

Mason County is a game they should have won.

Raceland is better than any of you think.

Russell has played the much tougher schedule. That could be an advantage.

On the other side of that they haven't beaten any of the good teams despite having their chances.

People better not overlook Russell because of their record. If I rember correctly I think that 2004 Belfry team came into the semifinal against an undefeated Russell team with 2 losses.

That was a great game that Belfry ended up wearing Russell down and turning the game around because of turnovers. I think you could see the same kind of game this year. Either of these teams is capable of winning this game.
mrfootball03 Wrote:shew, its getting quiet... where did our buddies go??

"I'm here Huckleberry"
I want to reitterate my stance on this game.

I KNOW Russell has a very good team capable of beating Belfry.

I KNOW Russell will probably play their best game of the year Fridaya dn will come in prepared.

I KNOW Russell is not down this year, and it is foolish to think belfry will be seeing some second rate product take the field Friday.

But I also KNOW, that the arguement that West carter played Belfry "tough" is a weak one and am SHOCKED that the normally very knowledgable Russell fans can't see beyond the first half and instead the Third Quarter when belfry scored 27 points in the span of like 7 minutes while forcing West carter to three and outs.

I also KNOW that the schedule arguement against Belfry is a very weak arguement, which also surprises me coming from the Russell fans.

The bottom line is this will be a good, hard fought game between two very good teams.
Belfry came in to the 2004 game with one loss, that coming against Ironton, OH
mrfootball03 Wrote:i can see it now lol

"there has got to be something we can twist and make our 7-4 season look impressive" :confused: :o Sad

Its not impressive. To the players it should be embarrassing. Please keep bringing it up.
FBALL Wrote:Yeah, Ill take you up on continuing this one.

Of the four teams with a winning record only Johnson Central is a quality team. Sorry but Pikeville is not good at all, Holy Cross not really and Sheldon Clark has beat a bunch of bad teams and not even been competitive with the two good teams they faced.

Just because you have a good record does not mean that you are a great team. Examples Allen Central and Sheldon Clark.

Russell although losing four games have played much better teams than that and also has been competitive in those games. Ashland was only up 13-10 late in the third quarter before the wheels came off. That was an embarrassing performance that has pretty much hung around this teams neck all year. They quit and alot of people have judged them by that game they whole year.

Simon Kenton has the best running game that Russell has or will face all year. That was a one score game until three consecutive turnovers in the 3rd quarter.

Mason County is a game they should have won.

Raceland is better than any of you think.

Russell has played the much tougher schedule. That could be an advantage.

On the other side of that they haven't beaten any of the good teams despite having their chances.

People better not overlook Russell because of their record. If I rember correctly I think that 2004 Belfry team came into the semifinal against an undefeated Russell team with 2 losses.

That was a great game that Belfry ended up wearing Russell down and turning the game around because of turnovers. I think you could see the same kind of game this year. Either of these teams is capable of winning this game.

nope.. 1 loss to Ironton..

SK, Mason Co., Raceland, nor Ashland are better than JC.. JC would make short work of those 4 teams..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I want to reitterate my stance on this game.

I KNOW Russell will probably play their best game of the year Fridaya dn will come in prepared.

I KNOW Russell is not down this year, and it is foolish to think belfry will be seeing some second rate product take the field Friday.

But I also KNOW, that the arguement that West carter played Belfry "tough" is a weak one and am SHOCKED that the normally very knowledgable Russell fans can't see beyond the first half and instead the Third Quarter when belfry scored 27 points in the span of like 7 minutes while forcing West carter to three and outs.

I also KNOW that the schedule arguement against Belfry is a very weak arguement, which also surprises me coming from the Russell fans.

The bottom line is this will be a good, hard fought game between two very good teams.

well I believe Russell is pretty decent.. and I know Russell could come down here, and win.. But I believe Russell would have to catch Belfry not on thier A game.. West Carter did catch Belfry not on it.. but the problem is they arn't good enough for it to make a difference.. Belfry won't be asleep come this friday.. this is the first chance they've had to get revenge since 2006.. There are quite a few player who played in 06 that are still here.. ELKINS, LEE, to name a few.. they'll be ready & still steaming
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I want to reitterate my stance on this game.

Please don't tell me you think Belfry played a tougher schedule. Not that it will make a difference in this game but we gotta argue about something . I'm just getting a kick out of the arguments in this thread.

It didn't suprise us that Belfry came out flat. The suprise was that they stayed in that funk for so long.

You should just tell the Belfry kids they don't even have to warm up to win this game. Its just a 4 loss team coming in. The pirates probably won't even have to break a sweat.Big Grin
mrfootball03 Wrote:nope.. 1 loss to Ironton..

SK, Mason Co., Raceland, nor Ashland are better than JC.. JC would make short work of those 4 teams..
Sorry sir, you are misinformed. Simon Kenton wouldn't embarass JC but it would make a good game. If JC would play Raceland they would not win like you think, matter of fact, Raceland could take that win. Ashland was without some key players. So, basically no short work. Belfry would have the same dificulties.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
mrfootball03 Wrote:nope.. 1 loss to Ironton..

Then I remember incorrectly.

But no I don't Thin JC would make short work out of all of those teams.

Really you might want to look at the record as a whole of all four of those teams as well as what they did in the first round of the playoffs instead of judging all of them by one poor performance by an Ashland against a JC team that they don't matchup very well against.

This playing 6 degrees of seperation is getting old.
jgrubby Wrote:Sorry sir, you are misinformed. Simon Kenton wouldn't embarass JC but it would make a good game. If JC would play Raceland they would not win like you think, matter of fact, Raceland could take that win. Ashland was without some key players. So, basically no short work. Belfry would have the same dificulties.

I'm not misinformed..

SK isn't that good.. they lost to NCC.. just because they are 6A doesn't mean they are good..
THERE IS DEFINITELY NO WAY SK BEATS JC..

Raceland is good, but won't beat Beechwood.

Ashland DID get crushed by JC.. so..

you have no point in anything you just said
but this thread isnt about JC and whoever

this thread is about Belfry and Russell...

and the truth is.. Belfry will be playing for the regional championship Nov 28, and Russell will be playing Playstation
mrfootball03 Wrote:I'm not misinformed..

SK isn't that good.. they lost to NCC.. just because they are 6A doesn't mean they are good..
THERE IS DEFINITELY NO WAY SK BEATS JC..

Raceland is good, but won't beat Beechwood.

Ashland DID get crushed by JC.. so..

you have no point in anything you just said

When did losing a game to NCC become something that made you not "that good"? SK and Johnson Central would be a heck of a game.

Raceland is good. I agree they won't beat Beechwood. But that doesn't mean much either.

Ashland did get spanked. They also rebounded this week by rushing for nearly 400 yards on a pretty decent Dixie Heights team.

Comparing score sometimes can be misleading if you don't take them into context of a whole season.
mrfootball03 Wrote:but this thread isnt about JC and whoever

this thread is about Belfry and Russell...

and the truth is.. Belfry will be playing for the regional championship Nov 28, and Russell will be playing Playstation

Keep em coming.

You might want to take a deep breath though. Maybe clean the boots of as well.Big Grin
jgrubby Wrote:Sorry sir, you are misinformed. Simon Kenton wouldn't embarass JC but it would make a good game. If JC would play Raceland they would not win like you think, matter of fact, Raceland could take that win. Ashland was without some key players. So, basically no short work. Belfry would have the same dificulties.
Smile Do you hire out to birthday parties too. Looking for comedians to do my little girls birthday.
FBALL Wrote:When did losing a game to NCC become something that made you not "that good"? SK and Johnson Central would be a heck of a game.

Raceland is good. I agree they won't beat Beechwood. But that doesn't mean much either.

Ashland did get spanked. They also rebounded this week by rushing for nearly 400 yards on a pretty decent Dixie Heights team.

Comparing score sometimes can be misleading if you don't take them into context of a whole season.
You are very knowledgeable of high school football and I usually agree with your post. I agree that Raceland is a good football team, but Grubby was saying they would beat JC. You can't be agreeing with that. Just because Ashland, rebounding against a lot lesser team than JC, put 400 yards on Dixie Heights, ( who is not a decent team, they are a 4-12 team), still doesn't take away from the fact that JC thumped them and Raceland beat them by 3. Scores comparing can be misleading, but sometimes you have to compare them.
Crossbones Wrote:Smile Do you hire out to birthday parties too. Looking for comedians to do my little girls birthday.
Only thing funny is the way you all get so riled up over meaningless stats.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Crossbones Wrote:You are very knowledgeable of high school football and I usually agree with your post. I agree that Raceland is a good football team, but Grubby was saying they would beat JC. You can't be agreeing with that. Just because Ashland, rebounding against a lot lesser team than JC, put 400 yards on Dixie Heights, ( who is not a decent team, they are a 4-12 team), still doesn't take away from the fact that JC thumped them and Raceland beat them by 3. Scores comparing can be misleading, but sometimes you have to compare them.
What is a 4-12 team?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:Only thing funny is the way you all get so riled up over meaningless stats.
Not riled up, just tickled. Two totally different emotions. Stats were never brought into the equations. You said Raceland would beat JC, you can't be serious. They barely beat Ashland and JC ran over, around and under Ashland. Plain and simple.
jgrubby Wrote:What is a 4-12 team?
My mistake, that was a typo. But anyway you put it, they only won 4 games and lost the rest. Which would be 7 not 12. I can man up and admit I'm wrong, could you do the same.Wink
Get Em Crossbones LOL
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next