Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
74.50%
Russell Red Devils
25.50%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
I can't even watch T.V.for reading this stuff. I love play offs
Crossbones Wrote:You are very knowledgeable of high school football and I usually agree with your post. I agree that Raceland is a good football team, but Grubby was saying they would beat JC. You can't be agreeing with that. Just because Ashland, rebounding against a lot lesser team than JC, put 400 yards on Dixie Heights, ( who is not a decent team, they are a 4-12 team), still doesn't take away from the fact that JC thumped them and Raceland beat them by 3. Scores comparing can be misleading, but sometimes you have to compare them.

If both teams play their best than JC beats Raceland. The only problem with that is usually both teams don't play their best. I think Grubby was saying that Raceland could possibly beat JC not that they would.

I happen to think that Russell is a better team than Ashland right now. Now the fact that they got embarrassed when they played makes that seem illogical. Unless you were there and saw what happened and have seen both teams play since then.

All I'm saying is that games aren't won by numbers and stats or even how two teams played against common opponents. Its won on the field through execution and talent.
FBALL Wrote:If both teams play their best than JC beats Raceland. The only problem with that is usually both teams don't play their best. I think Grubby was saying that Raceland could possibly beat JC not that they would.

I happen to think that Russell is a better team than Ashland right now. Now the fact that they got embarrassed when they played makes that seem illogical. Unless you were there and saw what happened and have seen both teams play since then.

All I'm saying is that games aren't won by numbers and stats or even how two teams played against common opponents. Its won on the field through execution and talent.

Correct..
we're just playin around with you Red Devils.. you all like to get us tore up, we like to do the same.. Big Grin
cobra67 Wrote:I can't even watch T.V.for reading this stuff. I love play offs

I can. The Godfather is on AMC.

"I'm gonna make you on offer you can't refuse"
First of all enough of the childishness. I would hate to close a thread because people cannot keep it on the game.

Second. Can someone tell me the win loss record for the Belfry/Russell series?
FBALL Wrote:If both teams play their best than JC beats Raceland. The only problem with that is usually both teams don't play their best. I think Grubby was saying that Raceland could possibly beat JC not that they would.

I have no problem with agreeing with this post. But the way I read it he said they would win against JC. Even the part about Russell being the better team right now. I have no doubts they have improved and can beat Belfry. That's why the game is played. A few have went a little overboad because Belfry came out flat against West Carter.
Boozer Wrote:[Belfry will get killed.

Just keep thinking that!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[quote=Midee1]First of all enough of the childishness. I would hate to close a thread because people cannot keep it on the game.

Second. Can someone tell me the win loss record for the Belfry/Russell series?[/quote]
It was on here somewhere last year, can't seem to find it though. I was looking earlier.
Double post, My bad.
i am almost certain russell owns a 1game lead in the series..
DevilsWin Wrote:Spend a game in the pressbox sometime and your feelings might change.Smile
Awwwwww...You don't feel welcomed in the press box..Least you are dry!!!TongueirateSho
jgrubby Wrote:I don't think I would enjoy that too much, I like being in the trenches during a battle. The feeling isn't the same. This is going to be a battle that will be won by heart and mental preparedness. Its all in who wants it the most. The fans may talk big and expect the Belfry team to just roll all over Russell. But like I said earlier talk is cheap. These are kids learning to become adults, so mistakes are going to be made by both. The fans are going to make this game exciting for them and memories that will last a lifetime. Don't ruin the hopes and dreams by talking down to them. But encourage a sportsman like atmosphere. Where the better team wins with heart and the belief that they are champions. Just ask them to leave it all on the field!!!
Awwww...well said JGRUBBY..I couldn't have said it better myself!Wink Wink Wink
Midee1 Wrote:First of all enough of the childishness. I would hate to close a thread because people cannot keep it on the game.

Second. Can someone tell me the win loss record for the Belfry/Russell series?

Russell leads series with Belfry 12-8.
well i was wrong,been a while since i looked it up but i knew russell lead the series..
BelfryPride Wrote:Just keep thinking that!
That's my line.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Russell makes it 13-8 Because they are back.
Boozer Wrote:Russell makes it 13-8 Because they are back.

man, you have a good name.. because I sure believe it.. lol
mrfootball03 Wrote:NOT QUALITY OPPONENTS.. Quality wins.. lol

East Ridge can play St. X.. doesn't make **** if they don't win :thumpsup: Smile

This has 2 sides to it. Belfry beat Johnson Central which is a big time quality win but in all actuality it is really their only quality win. Russell has played Raceland, Mason, Ashland, Simon Kenton who all advanced in the playoffs.
Russell has played more quality teams than Belfry but Johnson Central could beat any one of them. The tradition of Belfry and Russell both will make for a great game. Russell has too much tradition not to give Belfry all they want.
Belfry wins in a close game.I.M.O.
If we can stop the #2 rushing team in the nation, there's only one other team we don't know about...
I will admit Russell's strength of schedule is better, but they couldn't come away with a win in any of their tough games. Belfry came out in their 2 most important games so far and got the job done.

Belfry fans can't say that we will win because we beat JC, and JC beat Ashland, and Ashland beat Russell. Russell fans can't say that they will win because we played a little flat against West Carter last Friday.

For Belfry to win, they will have to play strong like they have most of the year, and not overlook Russell. For Russell to win, they'll have to play extremely well on defense for all 4 quarters, and control the big 3 of Belfry. And if the running game isn't working it's best, Andrew can throw it over the top.

It will be settled on the field, and we will prove the doubters wrong.....for the 3rd time.
BelfryPirates Wrote:I will admit Russell's strength of schedule is better, but they couldn't come away with a win in any of their tough games. Belfry came out in their 2 most important games so far and got the job done.

Belfry fans can't say that we will win because we beat JC, and JC beat Ashland, and Ashland beat Russell. Russell fans can't say that they will win because we played a little flat against West Carter last Friday.

For Belfry to win, they will have to play strong like they have most of the year, and not overlook Russell. For Russell to win, they'll have to play extremely well on defense for all 4 quarters, and control the big 3 of Belfry. And if the running game isn't working it's best, Andrew can throw it over the top.

It will be settled on the field, and we will prove the doubters wrong.....for the 3rd time.

Dang! I thought Russell won the last two meetings. Or are you referring to something else?
The bottom line is that Belfry is the number 1 team in 3-A and without a doubt they earned it. On paper Belfry should and very well may walk all over Russell this year. If Russell were to win it would surely be one of the upsets of the year. I myself love to see the underdog win.
Jeepman Wrote:[/b]

Dang! I thought Russell won the last two meetings. Or are you referring to something else?
I think he was referring to the games with Sheldon Clark,Johnson Central,and of course Russell.
Did anybody outside of the Sheldon Clark fans really doubt that Belfry would win the game against the Cards?
cobra67 Wrote:I think he was referring to the games with Sheldon Clark,Johnson Central,and of course Russell.

Dang Cobra... your observant tonight!!!

P/S... Ya got $20.00?????

LMAO!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
FBALL Wrote:Did anybody outside of the Sheldon Clark fans really doubt that Belfry would win the game against the Cards?

NOPE
Must not be too observant tonight.Why do you need $20.00?
Is it possible that this thread could be bigger than the JC Belfry thread?
FBALL Wrote:Did anybody outside of the Sheldon Clark fans really doubt that Belfry would win the game against the Cards?

NO.
i say it may its just sunday and 9pages
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next