Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
74.50%
Russell Red Devils
25.50%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
DevilsWin Wrote:I called Andrew and made a desperate plea for help. The other 2 radio guys could have cared less if he had any problems or not. The AD who assured me everything would be ok wasn't there and everyone else in the Press box was just shrugging their shoulders.

In 2004 we had the same problem, plus we got kicked outside and treaded extremely Rude. No one from the school wanted to help. My partner at the time said "we should just pack up and leave" before the game even started.

I had to run 60 feet of extension line and use a calling card on someone elses phone line. That had a booth but didn't show up.

No thanks to the staff at Belfry High School. Just to Andrew Joyce.

If you want details I got em.
First of all, I have been around a long time at games and it is the school's responsibility to help with the phone line situation, not another radio station. That being said, if anyone has a problem this Friday night, just ask for help to anyone in the press box and they will help you. BTW, if you don't want your candy or food just let the staff know and that will be more for us in the press box, Ha Ha, JK.
DevilsWin Wrote:And lived in Red Jacket WV his senior season at Belfry Ky.

Come to think of it, if you guys hadn't had that guy from WV on your team in 2004 we could have handled you pretty easy. Probably would have been 15-0 that year.

Yeah because we all know G Childers and Doug Howard sucked....
It's funny how Russell makes a million excuses. We couldn't have just beat them. That'd be impossible. You shut us out 19-0. I'm not sure why, but you did... Did we have the better team? Looks like so... Am I making excuses?
Belfry0304 Wrote:It's funny how Russell makes a million excuses. We couldn't have just beat them. That'd be impossible. You shut us out 19-0. I'm not sure why, but you did... Did we have the better team? Looks like so... Am I making excuses?

No now don't you remember BELFRY always makes the excuses and gets TOO amped for games. Russell is clearly innocent victims here. (SARCASM)Wink
Russell in a close one 21-17. I wouldn't know about the plush press box but standing in line the entire half and missing part of the 3rd. to use their facilities was a bit ridiculous. It was just a mob around the concession & rr's. Not a good set up.
No way russell wins this one.
I think Russell surprises some people.
Russell 24
Belfry 21
East carter played with Belfry. Gave them all they wanted. Russell wins.
Boozer Wrote:East carter played with Belfry. Gave them all they wanted. Russell wins.

You must like Bon Jovi...

"OOOOOOOhhhhh..we're half way there...ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhohhhhhhhhhh living on a prayer" Smile
Boozer Wrote:East carter played with Belfry. Gave them all they wanted. Russell wins.
East Carter never had a chance. West Carter played a pretty good first half.Wink Smile

East had some rushing yards in the first half. They had no points. The game was 48-0 at half with the JV the whole second half. East scored on the final play of the game to make it 48-6 after calling two timeouts in the last 10 seconds. Get real.
DevilsWin Wrote:He's the only player playing D1 from that game. UK's roster had him listed as hometown Red Jacket, WV his Freshman season.

I had to point that out just to get you Pond Creekers Riled up!Cool

Wow, I thought I read the words "Stop the Slander" ....could be wrong though Rolleyes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As a Russell fan, my first trip to Belfry in 06 was very impressive. Nice facilities and nice people. :Thumbs: I am looking foward to returning to Belfry.

Russell 21
Belfry 14
mrfootball03 Wrote:David Jones lived in Huddy when he went to Belfry.. so lets get that straight right now.. 99% of the kids that go to Belfry, who have WV ties are in situations where thier parents are divorced and one parent lives in wv, and the other on the kentucky side.. so that is perfectly legal for a kid to go to Belfry.. GET OVER IT.. Wink

And I can't believe you guys let one player beat your whole team.. wow.. thats about as sucky as gettin' beat by a 5A team in the 3A State Finals.. Smile
LMAO, been there too! It was actually a 2A.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Belfry wins by 2 td's. Russel will have to defend the run, and I just dont' think they have the defense to stop Belfry's running attack.
jgrubby Wrote:LMAO, been there too! It was actually a 2A.

yeah man lol
cougarpride08 Wrote:Belfry wins by 2 td's. Russel will have to defend the run, and I just dont' think they have the defense to stop Belfry's running attack.
The idea is to stay on offense and control the clock. So, run run run. (maybe)LOL
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:The idea is to stay on offense and control the clock. So, run run run. (maybe)LOL

Depends... how many Devils are going both ways in the trenches? Russell has had a pension for fading away in the 4th Quarter of big games, would this not be magnified with a very powerful Belfry team who proved against JC they can go the distance. Russell has also put the ball on the groundat very key times, in a game where posessions would be magnified, a turnover would be potentially fatal.

You suuuuuuuure this is the strategy yopu want? Wink
bucslover68 Wrote:East had some rushing yards in the first half. They had no points. The game was 48-0 at half with the JV the whole second half. East scored on the final play of the game to make it 48-6 after calling two timeouts in the last 10 seconds. Get real.

Maybe you might have been at the bath room the first half. Because I think the score was around 13 to14. Man me and you might want to hang out some. Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Depends... how many Devils are going both ways in the trenches? Russell has had a pension for fading away in the 4th Quarter of big games, would this not be magnified with a very powerful Belfry team who proved against JC they can go the distance. Russell has also put the ball on the groundat very key times, in a game where posessions would be magnified, a turnover would be potentially fatal.

You suuuuuuuure this is the strategy yopu want? Wink
Now if I were a coach, would I tell you any strategy? The passing game is there if needed for both teams. Highly unlikely you will see much of that though. When fumbles/interceptions could be the end for both teams. I say it will be a very conservative game for both. Very conservative! That is why the possesion of the ball and time, will play a major factor in this game. If you see a trick play or a long pass on fourth down, it will be because of panic by that team. Looking at individual stats Belfry doesn't seem to use much depth in key areas, however Russell does. So you are right about the trenches. I see both teams on defense loading the box and keying on Lee, and Abrams. Granted Belfry has size but I think Speed will prevail.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Boozer Wrote:Maybe you might have been at the bath room the first half. Because I think the score was around 13 to14. Man me and you might want to hang out some. Big Grin
Dude you are talking about West Carter not East Carter. East was stomped.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS

Hey dude, you need to get your Carters straight. West did play with Belfry for a half. East did not. West led Belfry 14-13 at one point and the Pirates led 21-14 at the half and 48-14 at the end of the third.
East did play Belfry. West was the one that had them scared to death for a while.
Boozer Wrote:Maybe you might have been at the bath room the first half. Because I think the score was around 13 to14. Man me and you might want to hang out some. Big Grin

like I said man.. u need to stay off the booze.. drinking and posting dont mix.. but then again.. maybe your not drunk.. maybe your just not real bright.. i dunnoRolleyes
kybaseball Wrote:East did play Belfry. West was the one that had them scared to death for a while.

Yea I know, I said West did play with Belfry, East did not. East was the next to last regular season game and West was last Friday.
kybaseball Wrote:West was the one that had them scared to death for a while.

While they (West) were a little inspired and ran a few good plays resulting in scores...the Pirates, I can assure you were NEVER "Scared to Death" Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:While they (West) were a little inspired and ran a few good plays resulting in scores...the Pirates, I can assure you were NEVER "Scared to Death" Smile
Just concerned!!! LOL, I would have loved to have heard the halftime speech!:flame:
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
the defense will be to much for russell. ivan lee and the backs will have a field day back there!!! go pirates!!!
jgrubby Wrote:Just concerned!!! LOL, I would have loved to have heard the halftime speech!:flame:

Not me...lol Smile
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Not me...lol Smile
Speech or concerned?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
  •  Previous
  • 12(current)
  • Next