Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry Pirates
74.50%
Russell Red Devils
25.50%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Belfry (Class 3A 2nd Round)
Is it Friday yet?
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Got snow?
We had a dusting, a little slick this morning. Went away quick though. I think I got the coldest when Russell played Belfry in 82. I think it was in the teens.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:We had a dusting, a little slick this morning. Went away quick though. I think I got the coldest when Russell played Belfry in 82. I think it was in the teens.
I was a football stat then..and I remember it well as well as the mudfest too!..lol...Did you play for Russell?
I Just got off the phone with Joe the Greek. He is so fired up that he can't stand it. He wants to beat Russell so bad that he is calling it "a holy war". He has called the Pirate fans out for not cheering loud enough. I back him on this. Being spoiled with success will not get it done Friday. The players decide the game, but the fans can create an atmosphere that makes it more difficult for opposing teams. Come out early and cheer for the Pirates. Remember 05 and 06, and in 06 the 30-35 yards rushing on about 30 carries. Remember, getting dominated the first half in 05 before a great comeback came up short. Remember throughout the history of Belfry football, who your biggest rival really is. It is the Red Devils. Respect them, but never back down from them.
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:I was a football stat then..and I remember it well as well as the mudfest too!..lol...Did you play for Russell?
Yes but not until 85. I had three older brothers that played so I saw several games against Belfry.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
Bucslover.....(During the Coach Roddy era) were you one of the rugrats on the sidelines with Scott Vickers and Joel Johnson?
Belfry knows deep down that they can not beat Russell. Russell is Russell when they take the field and Belfry see's those Devils they will shake in there shoes. Russell will pound Belfry into the ground.
Boozer Wrote:Belfry knows deep down that they can not beat Russell. Russell is Russell when they take the field and Belfry see's those Devils they will shake in there shoes. Russell will pound Belfry into the ground.
LOL...Big ol' Instigator..BTW..Are you going to be there to rile up your Devils?Cool
Boozer Wrote:Belfry knows deep down that they can not beat Russell. Russell is Russell when they take the field and Belfry see's those Devils they will shake in there shoes. Russell will pound Belfry into the ground.

son.. for the 5th time.. drinkin an posting don't mix!!

did you finally get West Carter, and East Carter straightened out?? Smile
K..I caught as many games as I could then but I was a football statistician for the Colonels of EKU then..:Thumbs:
jgrubby Wrote:Yes but not until 85. I had three older brothers that played so I saw several games against Belfry.
mrfootball03 Wrote:son.. for the 5th time.. drinkin an posting don't mix!!

Hehehe...Let's hope that he still has that school spirit once it wears off...lol
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Bucslover.....(During the Coach Roddy era) were you one of the rugrats on the sidelines with Scott Vickers and Joel Johnson?

Oh yea, but I ain't a rugrat no more. I was on the sidelines a lot then, usually right on the tails of my dad, Brother Bob. Ballboy and Manager during some of the Coach Roddy days.
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:For once, I agree with yas!Wink

What I thought everybody agreed with me all the time.I am always right ya know.Smile Smile Smile Smile jkg
mrfootball03 Wrote:son.. for the 5th time.. drinkin an posting don't mix!!

I would say Belfry did because W Carter run down hill on Belfry. Cool
kybaseball Wrote:What I thought everybody agreed with me all the time.I am always right ya know.Smile Smile Smile Smile jkg
LOL...Typical male...now I am going to get jumped...lolCool
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:I was a football stat then..and I remember it well as well as the mudfest too!..lol...Did you play for Russell?

I was a starter on that team.....
bucslover68 Wrote:Oh yea, but I ain't a rugrat no more. I was on the sidelines a lot then, usually right on the tails of my dad, Brother Bob. Ballboy and Manager during some of the Coach Roddy days.

You OLD 86er...

LMAO!! :p

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
~Pirates Pack a Punch~ Wrote:Hehehe...Let's hope that he still has that school spirit once it wears off...lol
Yes he has "Spirits"!!!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
"Am I the only one out here that misses Friday night in the small communities. All of the great cross county rivals waiting 365 days each year for that one special night that let some high school football player walk off the field a legend that would never be forgotten. I miss the feeling of butterflies in my stomach just before kickoff, knowing that if you were to lose this game you would let down not only your team, but also your town, and your family. I miss looking up in the stands and seeing the same faces in the same exact seats week in and week out. Remember how our dads that worked so hard all week and rushed home on Friday so they could get to the games on time,and how could we forget our moms that always had our uniforms clean, and a hot meal ready on gameday. I hope that all of you who are privileged enough to put the pads on every day take in the sights, the sounds, and appreciate all the people who work behind the scenes who make it possible for you to play the game you love. So make every snap count because one day you will understand just how lucky you were!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I ran across this post again and I thought I would bring it up again. It was posted around June. This made such an impression on me that I would like to quote it again for the Seniors for both teams for Friday night. For only one can prevail. Next year you will be one of those people in the stands at a High School Game. You will see the players look up to you and want you to respond to them. I have been a fan for 20 years now and I still love every second of each game, win or lose. Good luck to all, fans included. The spirit of football lives in each one of you!
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:"Am I the only one out here that misses Friday night in the small communities. All of the great cross county rivals waiting 365 days each year for that one special night that let some high school football player walk off the field a legend that would never be forgotten. I miss the feeling of butterflies in my stomach just before kickoff, knowing that if you were to lose this game you would let down not only your team, but also your town, and your family. I miss looking up in the stands and seeing the same faces in the same exact seats week in and week out. Remember how our dads that worked so hard all week and rushed home on Friday so they could get to the games on time,and how could we forget our moms that always had our uniforms clean, and a hot meal ready on gameday. I hope that all of you who are privileged enough to put the pads on every day take in the sights, the sounds, and appreciate all the people who work behind the scenes who make it possible for you to play the game you love. So make every snap count because one day you will understand just how lucky you were!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I ran across this post again and I thought I would bring it up again. It was posted around June. This made such an impression on me that I would like to quote it again for the Seniors for both teams for Friday night. For only one can prevail. Next year you will be one of those people in the stands at a High School Game. You will see the players look up to you and want you to respond to them. I have been a fan for 20 years now and I still love every second of each game, win or lose. Good luck to all, fans included. The spirit of football lives in each one of you!

Such touching sentiments..*tears*...oops or is it this cold I have...hehehe..Actually very nice post! Thanx!
Between the two of us, we will have 500 posts on this thread alone by Friday...lol
Looking at the polls Russell needs more fans on here as well.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:Looking at the polls Russell needs more fans on here as well.

To all Russell fans. Lets tell them what Russell will do to Belfry. Get that cocky walk and talk back. We will beat them in the ground. And you all know it.:devilflam
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I was a starter on that team.....
1982 at Russell

Grover got hurt and Hobart tried to climb in the ambulance with him. LOL

Coach Roddy got ejected from the game and Coach May called the shots in the 2nd half. We threw more passes in that half than we did in the rest of the season. LOL

And it was very very cold.
Looking foward to seeing you all there! I am leaving Lexington tomorrow headed to Belfry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jgrubby Wrote:Looking at the polls Russell needs more fans on here as well.

Or the mods need to get ride of some of the nuckle heads to even things out. Big Grin
in 05 at russell it was in the single digits,it was cold
Ya'll are gettin' way too sentimental!

Someone needs to get this rivalry going again!

I HATE ALL THINGS BELFRY!!!!! RUSSELL RULES AND YOU GUYS ARE BEHIND IN THE SERIES.

PERIOD!

DEVILS WIN!
Buc-a-roo Wrote:1982 at Russell

Grover got hurt and Hobart tried to climb in the ambulance with him. LOL

Coach Roddy got ejected from the game and Coach May called the shots in the 2nd half. We threw more passes in that half than we did in the rest of the season. LOL

And it was very very cold.

I was there too!
Gosh, Hobart! He was a character!
  •  Previous
  • 15(current)
  • Next