Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raymond Justice resigns at East Ridge (RUMOR)
KCC will be loaded with the potential to win a state championship! Great move for Camron.
Seems like a lot of coaches are getting jobs anymore because their sons are good ball players.
Could there be a for sale sign near University Heights High School?
I don't know, I'm just saying?
It will be interesting thats for sure!
Maybe "E" will crawl back once again!
Who knows? Who can satisfy?
Just a Rumor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knott has a snowballs chance in hell at winning the state championship even with Justice. They have NO Big Man.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Knott has a snowballs chance in hell at winning the state championship even with Justice. They have NO Big Man.

Evan Hall will be returning..

And I wouldn't be so quick to say NO.. school hasn't started yet...
Regardless I don't think they will win a state championship.
Shelby Valley won a state championship (2010)without a big man. what about Christian County (2011) and many others. Knott may be next (2012).
Cougar Connection Wrote:Could there be a for sale sign near University Heights High School?
I don't know, I'm just saying?
It will be interesting thats for sure!
Maybe "E" will crawl back once again!
Who knows? Who can satisfy?
Just a Rumor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the view at the Board Gazebo the University Heights coach was meeting with the big dogs today.
:bigeyed:
Does everyone understand Coach Justice is not going to be the head coach.
Nothing But The Kids Wrote:From the view at the Board Gazebo the University Heights coach was meeting with the big dogs today.
:bigeyed:

I hear thats where dreams come true!:worthy:
Not good news for the local kids though, he brings his players with him.
I'm sure the Czech Republic is sending some 6'8" exchange student as we speak!
Makes for some interesting conversations around the old Gazeebo don't it!
I'm not so sure I understand what's going on. What does Randy McCoy have too do with any of this?
Real Badman Wrote:I'm not so sure I understand what's going on. What does Randy McCoy have too do with any of this?

I was wondering the same thing.
he is going to be the new coach. thats what he has to do with it. i hate it for the kids cause there would have been a real good group coming up and since the name mccoy came out the fedscreeks kids have decided to go to pike central. and the elkhorn kids are going to valley. personally my kid is staying but i dont see how a coach that has been run off from everywhere else is a step forward for the ridge and from talking to the others there is still alot of polarity with the millard and fc parents who played when he was at EC, just hope he doesnt recruit someone to play over my son, does anyone know what he is in trouble for down at U Heights? Is it the same thing as EC and Pikeville College?
Real Badman Wrote:I'm not so sure I understand what's going on. What does Randy McCoy have too do with any of this?

Justice was McCoy's assistant coach at Pikeville College before he went to Letcher Central, and they are very close!
Well thats obvious. I must be missing the point in general.
is Randy really coming back ??/
yep supposed to be at the ridge at 3:30 today for open gym
Warrior Parent Wrote:yep supposed to be at the ridge at 3:30 today for open gym

Well, I guess we can move on to---Congratulations Coach McCoy!
Good Luck to Coach Justice and Cameron!
We will see you down the road when you play the Wildcats!
i beleive knott is the patriots not wildcats but yes we will miss him
Lol, nice swap ER, if not even better.
I tried not get invoved in this one, but???? Raymond Justice is a great coach and a class individual. If a coach wants to change jobs that is his business. People on here talking about Coach McCoy don't have a clue what they are talking about. Another great coach and individual. The parents who want to take their kids somewhere else are the ones that fear that their kid isn't good enough to play for coach McCoy. McCoy is a winning coach and has been a winner everywhere he has been. I think this would be great hire for East Ridge and in time he will be a winner. So take your kids somewhere else if thay aren't good enough to play for coach McCoy. I guess they didn't hire who you wanted did they Warrior Parent??????????? Everybody knows who Warrior Parent is. So watch what you say if you don't know what you are talking about, but again people run their mouths .
no ERforever blue i already did say they didnt hire who i wanted. i also said that my kid was staying no matter what because i dont beleive in all this transfer stuff that goes on these days. i also said i will miss coach j. but im entitled to my oppinion that mccoy is not a good coach and not good for the school. he won at elkhorn because he consolitated millard and fedscreeks talent over there until he was run off for missing money and sexual harrassment. he won at pikeville college because he recruited thugs no one else would have wanted and spent more time bailing players out of trouble than coaching (and had it not been for raymonds would have never done as well with them) but then again there arose a sexual harrasment issue, and at university heights he is in the same mess. so were getting a 60+ year old man who cant stay out of trouble who won a bunch of games with loaded teams back in the 80's n 90's who even if he still had any desire or energy to build a program (which is what this school needs) wouldnt do it by coaching but by recruiting over local boys. so please tell me what he has promised u or your kid? bet he gets more from u than u want to pay in the end and bet if there was the odd chance that anyone else wanted him (which im more than sure were the only crazy ones that do) he wouldnt be coming here. so no he is not my pick at all, but thanks i was gonna stay out of stating my full reasons for not wanting him but thanks for the invitation and thanks for bringing up an imoortant point. our kids arent worthy of randy!
no ERforever blue i already did say they didnt hire who i wanted. i also said that my kid was staying no matter what because i dont beleive in all this transfer stuff that goes on these days. i also said i will miss coach j. but im entitled to my oppinion that mccoy is not a good coach and not good for the school. he won at elkhorn because he consolitated millard and fedscreeks talent over there until he was run off for missing money and sexual harrassment. he won at pikeville college because he recruited thugs no one else would have wanted and spent more time bailing players out of trouble than coaching (and had it not been for raymonds would have never done as well with them) but then again there arose a sexual harrasment issue, and at university heights he is in the same mess. so were getting a 60+ year old man who cant stay out of trouble who won a bunch of games with loaded teams back in the 80's n 90's who even if he still had any desire or energy to build a program (which is what this school needs) wouldnt do it by coaching but by recruiting over local boys. so please tell me what he has promised u or your kid? bet he gets more from u than u want to pay in the end and bet if there was the odd chance that anyone else wanted him (which im more than sure were the only crazy ones that do) he wouldnt be coming here. so no he is not my pick at all, but thanks i was gonna stay out of stating my full reasons for not wanting him but thanks for the invitation and thanks for bringing up an imoortant point. our kids arent worthy of randy!
I think Mccoy will be a great fit at ER!!!!
Well, I knew that RJ was going to Knott Co about a week or so ago from a good friend of mine, and he also said that Randy McCoy was coming back, Now being a grad from Millard I am all up for Mr McCoy coming back, he is a winning coach, I would love to see him get a good assistant under him and groom him to take over the team a few years from now...When Randy is ready to retire. ER needs stability, never have a team if they don't, and who are the kids leaving to other schools??? Is Hagey, Mater, Chaney, Miller, leaving? and does that mean Fields from EC is leaving??? I do know that Van is going to be sending Hunter to Dorton next year...Or so I am told...
Randy McCoy is a great coach sure he's had a past, but who doesn’t. I think this is great for East Ridge. Randy McCoy is a great coach period. Sure Randy recruited players to Elkhorn mostly from Millard and became a winner. Being a Millard graduate myself, I almost left Millard to play for Randy when he came calling, but I didn’t because of being loyal to Millard and Leon Stewart. If Randy stays at East Ridge for a good amount of time, he will turn that program into a winner year after year. Also a question. Have Randy been officially given the job?
ERblue4ever Wrote:I tried not get invoved in this one, but???? Raymond Justice is a great coach and a class individual. If a coach wants to change jobs that is his business. People on here talking about Coach McCoy don't have a clue what they are talking about. Another great coach and individual. The parents who want to take their kids somewhere else are the ones that fear that their kid isn't good enough to play for coach McCoy. McCoy is a winning coach and has been a winner everywhere he has been. I think this would be great hire for East Ridge and in time he will be a winner. So take your kids somewhere else if thay aren't good enough to play for coach McCoy. I guess they didn't hire who you wanted did they Warrior Parent??????????? Everybody knows who Warrior Parent is. So watch what you say if you don't know what you are talking about, but again people run their mouths .

You can't blame Justice for this. Even if it's true you know he doesn't want to take the back seat. No love lost here.
no one blames coach j! he is doing what is best for his son. i dont like the change but as i said mine is staying put regardless. i know his chances of playing after highschool are slim so whats best for him is to stay with his friends and i hope they decide to stay with him, i really do, but camron on the other hand has a chance at devision 1 basketball and from what i hear knott has coming up they may be state contenders for a couple of years and that will be a great opportunity to get him noticed!
How can they give McCoy the job, Justice hasn't even resigned yet! Wink
EKYHoops Wrote:How can they give McCoy the job, Justice hasn't even resigned yet! Wink

I guess leaving the school, and turning your stuff back in is about as close to resigning as you can get Smile