Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rivals
Knox Central

Used to be Bell. So much for that...

Now: Clay and Rock are probably our top rival games. Looking forward to Russell too.
Highlands' biggest rival in recent years has been Covington Catholic. CC moves down to 4A with HHS so the Colonels will continue their rivalry. Boyle will also re-emerge as a rival once again.
BoyleCounty Wrote:A little over the top. Maybe someone like Covington Catholic?

With Highlands moving to 4A, I believe that the Boyle County/Highlands game could turn into a big rivalry game.

I hope so we need one Cov Cath has been very down the last 10 years.
Football1 Wrote:Knox Central

Used to be Bell. So much for that...

Now: Clay and Rock are probably our top rival games. Looking forward to Russell too.

Russell or Russell County?
BoyleCounty Wrote:The Boyle County/Lexington Catholic rivalry is starting to get bigger than the Boyle County/Danville rivalry. The game means more for both teams and the games are always competitive. No matter the outcome.

you guys are the biggest game on LexCath's schedule every year and its been killing them that we haven't beat you in 3 years. we say we hate you but we respect your program
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:you guys are the biggest game on LexCath's schedule every year and its been killing them that we haven't beat you in 3 years. we say we hate you but we respect your program

Trust that the respect is mutual.
mrb5150 Wrote:I hope so we need one Cov Cath has been very down the last 10 years.

Within the last 10 years Covington Catholic has gave Highland's a couple of scares. Nevertheless, Highland's did win 90% of the time. Covington Catholic won in 2006.

Highland's won't be beating Boyle County 61-10 or 40-0 like they did to Covington Catholic. They may win but not that bad.
Belfry Insider Wrote:I would like to know what other schools consider there rivals.
Belfry rivals would have to be:
Pikeville
P-burg
Russell
What i consider a rival is where they have played at least played 20 games and its not completly 1 team destroys all the time
for EX: Sheldon clark they have 4 or 5 wins over us but we have beat them 20 times

sheldon clark rivals are:
lawrance county
pburg
belfry
johnson central

and to belfry insider why dont u count up the wins within the past 5 years we r 3 wins and 4 losses and the last two games we played we have won. so dont say completely destroyed because to my knowledge the last two times we have played i dont think u can say completely destroyed in the last 5 years coach hager and the schs cards has already i think beat belfry more times than they have in the previous 23 years. so before u get on here and try to make fun of the cardinals look at the last five years and the last two games played.
Paducah Tilghman started playing Mayfield in 1911, or so they say. They have not played every year, but they have played most years. Tilghman also had a lengthy legacy rivalry with Hopkinsville which has been muted in recent years with the various class permutations. This fall's season opener with Lone Oak will mark the renewal of a series which Lone Oak heretofore has never won. To say that will become a rivalry is an understatement.
SCHS#70 Wrote:sheldon clark rivals are:
lawrance county
pburg
belfry
johnson central

and to belfry insider why dont u count up the wins within the past 5 years we r 3 wins and 4 losses and the last two games we played we have won. so dont say completely destroyed because to my knowledge the last two times we have played i dont think u can say completely destroyed in the last 5 years coach hager and the schs cards has already i think beat belfry more times than they have in the previous 23 years. so before u get on here and try to make fun of the cardinals look at the last five years and the last two games played.

I didnt mean disrepect by it. i meant that sheldon clark hasnt won ten games against yet. Its not longstanding rival to us i mean what would u say to us if you guys had 23 wins to 4 or 5 to us. would u think its a rival?
Tica Wrote:Paducah Tilghman started playing Mayfield in 1911, or so they say. They have not played every year, but they have played most years. Tilghman also had a lengthy legacy rivalry with Hopkinsville which has been muted in recent years with the various class permutations. This fall's season opener with Lone Oak will mark the renewal of a series which Lone Oak heretofore has never won. To say that will become a rivalry is an understatement.

Now thats a longstanding rival.
and lone oak is like Johnson central is to us