Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Transfers
I would rather have it Billys way anyway, 20 kids who will bust their butts rather than just 60 or so that just would rather sit on the sidelines and wear the jersey. Anyone who will play for Billy will love the football and man they become.
He does have away to get kids ready to play, but if they cant handle the work then most of the time they just there for the reasons alot of kids are. either with the hope and prayer that they will get that chance to run out of the tunnel onto the field of hundreds of fans yelling for them. or because they felt that they had to play.

But the kids that do come out and want to work hard and play will get in there some place during the game. He doesnt stand by and let one player screw up to much without jerking the player out of the game and making some adjustments, and hell alot of the time it is just who is closer to him at the time.
I wonder with the new players to the team this year if Billy or Dixon will adapt to their abilities or stick with the LC belly-read? Granted from what I can see is that both of these young men are really quick and athletic. LC will have a lot of talent from last year returning including Fitzpatrick and Morgan Roberts and many other players I am sure that Im forgetting. I just want the players who work really hard and for the people and town who support them to have a really great year.
I think they will run run and run some more, because that is Billy, but Dixion likes to open it up, so we will wait and see.
Im glad lawrence has got some new players after last season. Im sure that im not the only one who found the dawgs to be a little disappointing
Dawg Family Wrote:I don't know why most of the kids aren't comeing out but I know why some of them won't come out .It's because of the work that Billy requires .In early Dec they had alot of kids in the wieght room and the coaches was working thier buts off and they made it clear that they didn't wont any kids on the team that just wonted to wear a uniform they said that the kids that will work will get to play and the ones that don't won't .I know when Mcpeak was here he made it a lot of fun and the work was pretty easy and then it showed in about every game in his last year at LC because when it came to the 4th quarter we was wore out . But This past year you never saw are team quit they played till the clock said 00:00 because they was in good shape just about the kind of shape that Chuke would all ways have them in and thats the kind of kids Billy wont's he said he would rahter have 30 kids that wont to play in stead of 70 that just wont to be dressed on friday nights.

If McPeek was the problem then, what was the problem for the last 2 years? You are telling me that Kyle Barnette, Eric Parker, James Storts, etc. were not in shape. Those were some of the most loyal kids in training you could have ever had. I have followed LC for the past 20 or so years and they were wore out the last half every game last year. Mind you I like Goldsmith and I don't really know him personally but I think the tension on the field was obvious at times. I also think that most coaches have the philosophy (at least I hope they do) that only the guys that earn a spot get the chance to play. I believe in being loyal to the Coach, but come on this guy needs some help and needs someone to coach the way he does. I have lived here all of my life and I really want these boys to do good but I am worried that it is going to take a while to get this program back on its feet. Also, it was mentioned that 3 boys were going to quarterback camp. Is the Hayes kid playing?
ENDZONE Wrote:If McPeek was the problem then, what was the problem for the last 2 years? You are telling me that Kyle Barnette, Eric Parker, James Storts, etc. were not in shape. Those were some of the most loyal kids in training you could have ever had. I have followed LC for the past 20 or so years and they were wore out the last half every game last year. Mind you I like Goldsmith and I don't really know him personally but I think the tension on the field was obvious at times. I also think that most coaches have the philosophy (at least I hope they do) that only the guys that earn a spot get the chance to play. I believe in being loyal to the Coach, but come on this guy needs some help and needs someone to coach the way he does. I have lived here all of my life and I really want these boys to do good but I am worried that it is going to take a while to get this program back on its feet. Also, it was mentioned that 3 boys were going to quarterback camp. Is the Hayes kid playing?
I didnt mean to sound like I was putting Mcpeak down I liked the guy he was very good to my son .What I was saying is that his work ethic was not nearly as hard as Goldsmiths is I know I went to camp with them every year that he was here Gary would spend most of practice time working on plays he would try and get his kids to be prefect or as close to it as posible On the other hand Billy put conditioning first are kids got tierd last year because we only had 28 varsity kids on the side line Gary had close to 70 thats a big differance .The kids you talked about was good ballplayers but I think they got there work ethics from when they played for Chuke I really dont think Gary was the problem I think he was a good coach his record speaks for itself. And as far as the Hays kid playing next year as of now thats a big NO I really wish he would I think he would be the QB with out a dout he did a great job on the JV team last year and its just my opnion but I think he was are best QB last year but I think politics was a big part of why he wasn't Thats just MY opinion. I will agree with on that billy needs some help he need alot of help not just on the field but from the board office as well . A lot of people forget who billy had as an offence coach when here was here before those two was a team Billy with the D and Chuke with the O . Thats a coaching staff that got are program on the map BUt remember this is just my opinion.:headphone
I heard that Hayes would not play. As far as McPeek, I'm sure his work ethic is as good as anyone else's you have to look at it like this...Goldsmith has the same Asst's as McPeek and it does take a coaching STAFF to get the kids in shape. Is it true that one of the asst. coaches left?
ENDZONE Wrote:I heard that Hayes would not play. As far as McPeek, I'm sure his work ethic is as good as anyone else's you have to look at it like this...Goldsmith has the same Asst's as McPeek and it does take a coaching STAFF to get the kids in shape. Is it true that one of the asst. coaches left?
I was at the wieght room Monday and all the coaches was there but thats not to say that one is not leaveing but as of this past Monday they was all there working with the kids Unless it might be one of the cook brothers it might be one of them because they are never at the wieght room and I sort of forgot about them . If so good luck to him also . Go DAWGS:Cheerlead
You know I really don't want to say anything positive or negative about McPeek. He did what was best for him. I just keep listening to everything that use to be (Chuke, Billy before, McPeek...). This is here and now. The new era for Lawrence Co Bulldogs. I sincerely wish them the best of luck. Things aren't like they use to be. Every team goes through the highs and lows. It is still a rebuilding team and maybe in 2 or 3 years the tradition will come home. And as you say....this is only my opinion.
It will be back, maybe not this year but they will be back.
Lawrence has the pieces in place right now in their program to get it turned around. Good feeder system and stron JV and Freshmen teams. New talent is on the field this year which gives this team a LOT of speed this year on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. I am excited to see how this team does considering they have had a BRUTAL schedule for the last 2 years.
Lawrence Co has played the toughest schedule the last two years. They were in most of the games but just could pulll the second half out.
It should make for a fun season.
I havent really been able to hear or see what the coaching staff and players have in store for the season but knowing the staff and supporters around town, Goldsmith has his team in the weight room and working on every aspect that they can.