Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin 91 Lawerence Couty 80
I want to try to find something in the rule book on this one but I'm not sure how they can call anything really. Don't think it was right or classy but not sure about the foul.

Thanks for the info
"ballhawg" Wrote:She kept control of the ball...it never left her hands. I guess the foul was called because it was obviously intentional.
i agree it was intentional but shoulda called a t if anything
Can someone tell me when this occured quarter and possibly time, I wanna see this for myself.
i think it was the third quarter cheem, if iam not wrong
If Brittany had the ball in her hands and had control of the ball and did a pull through with it and hit her with the ball it is Very LEGAL... there shouldnt even be a foul called there no rule stateing you can't.
"bballmama" Wrote:If i am not mistaken the REF called it as i said, now you may call it a different way but does it really count? The only one that counts is what the official calls it. But I also think that what went on between her and the coach is between them unless he was yelling it for the whole section behind them to hear. In that case it would be in bad taste to humilate one of your players like that. IMO

yeah but look who the ref was...Mike Hall:Hammer3:
"wamiller25" Wrote:yeah but look who the ref was...Mike Hall:Hammer3:

NOOOOOO please:beg: don't make me look at another game he calls:omg:
Congrats girls on a hard fought game ive just got one question though does LC play like this all the time if so how come they havnt won a district game yet they really impressed me
Congrats Girls rolling on lol
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:Congrats girls on a hard fought game ive just got one question though does LC play like this all the time if so how come they havnt won a district game yet they really impressed me

Let me just say its not the girls or the girls from previous years that either went stayed or left the program.
Congrads Magoffin....
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:Congrats girls on a hard fought game ive just got one question though does LC play like this all the time if so how come they havnt won a district game yet they really impressed me

LC has been coming together a little better every game they look like a different team now than the start of the season I knew they would have their hands full going to MC but I also knew it would not be a run away game for MC as a lot had said. Good job Lady Dawgs and
Congrats to the MC girls on the win
From everything that I have gathered, C. Howard punched the LC player square in the face and was not ejected. This was one of several incidents that occured during the game. Since she was not ejected and she left the gym does this mean she has left the team for the season? The walls may be falling in on Coach Miller. The region is going to be wide open. I guess it is important to them to portray themselves as a bunch of thungs. They sure have the right music for their entrance.
"CatDawg" Wrote:Let me just say its not the girls or the girls from previous years that either went stayed or left the program.
AMEN to that I thought I was the only one that was seeing that .I would love to see a change before my girl has to make the choice to stay here or go some were else to play . I know she has her heart set on the Dawgs but she won't with the coach we have right now .And they have been several girls that has had to make that decision in the past several years I just wish coach Evans would realize that see cant get the job done .I would love to see her won \ lost record enough is enough but like I said before POLITICS !!!!:redboxer:
congrats for magoffin
"blue-red" Wrote:From everything that I have gathered, C. Howard punched the LC player square in the face and was not ejected. This was one of several incidents that occured during the game. Since she was not ejected and she left the gym does this mean she has left the team for the season? The walls may be falling in on Coach Miller. The region is going to be wide open. I guess it is important to them to portray themselves as a bunch of thungs. They sure have the right music for their entrance.

:nope:

If you knew anything about Calloray, you would know that she would never intentionally hit or hurt anyone...she has had to really work on becoming as aggressive as she is....she has a HUGE heart. :bigeyed:
She has always been a girl who does the "right" thing....on and off the court. She was just playing the game. I think that it was an accident......and that it upset her to think that she had (accidently) hit another player. These girls have emotions and feelings...... They play their best and then get ripped for it. I think Calloray just needed to work thru some emotions. She'll be fine and back to herself next game......Go Hornets!!!:champ:
"MCfan" Wrote:First of all the other hit to the face you are talking about was by Brittany Manns, she did not punch the girl, the girl was hit by the basketball, she stepped in the way of a pass. You can't eject someone for that, the one in particular official was Mike Hall. All night long if there was was a block or a charge, it went against the Lady Hornets. Congrats Lady Hornets, and good luck Lady Dawgs.

It wasnt the ball that hit her it was the other girls fist. I was sitting right in front of the play and even some of the Magoffin Co fans sitting around us said that she should be ejected.
The one that I saw was in the first qtr., I dont know about anyother, I left at the half.
I agree, if LC was in any other district, they would be a lock for the regional tournament. They are a good ball club, don't see how they lost to Sheldon Clark twice.
if Mike Hall is so bad, then why is he going to the state tourney? Mike is a great ref, its bad that most fans just dont know the rules
ahh lord hes going to state tourney? i feel bad for the girls then
Hey you can put him down but the only bad reff is a one sided reff.
"blue-red" Wrote:The walls may be falling in on Coach Miller. The region is going to be wide open.

In my opinion, Miller has never had control of this team. He was too close to the players when he took over as head coach and because of that he can not discipline certain players like he should. Then when he goes OFF on other players that do essentially the same thing that has went unpunished, you get the situation that happened with Calloray.

I really hate it for Calloray because she has put her heart and soul into this team, especially last off-season, only to be caught up in this turmoil.
"EarlthePearl" Wrote::nope:

If you knew anything about Calloray, you would know that she would never intentionally hit or hurt anyone...she has had to really work on becoming as aggressive as she is....she has a HUGE heart. :bigeyed:
She has always been a girl who does the "right" thing....on and off the court. She was just playing the game. I think that it was an accident......and that it upset her to think that she had (accidently) hit another player. These girls have emotions and feelings...... They play their best and then get ripped for it. I think Calloray just needed to work thru some emotions. She'll be fine and back to herself next game......Go Hornets!!!:champ:
I don't think anyone is saying she isn't a nice person. Maybe she just got wrapped up in the heat of the game. But regardless, the whistle blew for the jump ball and the hit came after the whistle. I'm sorry but for those sitting right in front of the action, it was obvious.
I thought it was just an elbow to the face while trying to get the ball, it didnt look intentional from where I was sitting, but anyone that know calloray, would know that she would never mean to do that to anyone not even her worst enemy
[QUOTE="In My Opinion"]In my opinion, Miller has never had control of this team. He was too close to the players when he took over as head coach and because of that he can not discipline certain players like he should. Then when he goes OFF on other players that do essentially the same thing that has went unpunished, you get the situation that happened with Calloray.
QUOTE]

I don't get it.
"Dawg Family" Wrote:AMEN to that I thought I was the only one that was seeing that .I would love to see a change before my girl has to make the choice to stay here or go some were else to play . I know she has her heart set on the Dawgs but she won't with the coach we have right now .And they have been several girls that has had to make that decision in the past several years I just wish coach Evans would realize that see cant get the job done .I would love to see her won \ lost record enough is enough but like I said before POLITICS !!!!:redboxer:

:Thumbs: :Nodding:
"HomeGrown" Wrote:if Mike Hall is so bad, then why is he going to the state tourney? Mike is a great ref, its bad that most fans just dont know the rules
There are a lot of tragedies in this world but the biggest has to be Mike Hall going to the state.

All he cares about is how he looks on the court. He tries to show how "cool" he is. He has missed calls by talking to people during games. He missed calls during one tournament when he was flirting with the WYMT camera lady.Smile Smile Smile
"sportwhiz" Wrote:There are a lot of tragedies in this world but the biggest has to be Mike Hall going to the state.

All he cares about is how he looks on the court. He tries to show how "cool" he is. He has missed calls by talking to people during games. He missed calls during one tournament when he was flirting with the WYMT camera lady.Smile Smile Smile

A BIG AMEN TO THAT! :High5:
To clear up my earlier post, Coach Miller has had some discipline problems that have went unpunished all year, and now, at the end of the season, he seems to be trying to put his foot down (on certain players) when he could have and should have put his foot down at the beginning of the season.
Congrats on the Dawgs on a great game!! Schaeffer has really stepped up in this game 18 points and 14 rebounds and great defensive job