Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 2012
I think BL is on the rise, they have made great strides and i was apart of the weight program for 4 years and it was definitely not a joke!! Everyone lifted hard to get stronger.
ahall22 Wrote:I think BL is on the rise, they have made great strides and i was apart of the weight program for 4 years and it was definitely not a joke!! Everyone lifted hard to get stronger.

Good year last year #22. Are you going to play any college ball anywhere?
BL is in a 4 team district they make the playoffs automatically..I think they will be just fine with a down year for the other teams in the district
Austin Hall was one of the best players in Betsy Layne History. He will get a couple chances to play college ball. The program will miss his leadership and hard work. When you mention names like Brennan Case, Brandon Blair and Austin Hall will fit right in with them.

I think they have a weightmeet scheduled for Early March or Late Feb., can't wait to see the numbers the kids are lifting.
tebow Wrote:Austin Hall was one of the best players in Betsy Layne History. He will get a couple chances to play college ball. The program will miss his leadership and hard work. When you mention names like Brennan Case, Brandon Blair and Austin Hall will fit right in with them.

I think they have a weightmeet scheduled for Early March or Late Feb., can't wait to see the numbers the kids are lifting.

Tebow, do you know where Austin & Korey may be playing next year?
tebow Wrote:Austin Hall was one of the best players in Betsy Layne History.
Bold Statement There was a lot of quality players that came through BL before there recent success.
Brother Xavier Wrote:Bold Statement There was a lot of quality players that came through BL before there recent success.

Agree, but Hall would have to be considered in the top tier. Wouldnt you agree Brother Xavier?
35 years of history, and he is on two of the best teams in schools history will let him by-pass a few people on the list. I think we sometimes forget how bad BL was at one time.

I think Kory and Austin along with others are weighing their options at some naia schools.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Agree, but Hall would have to be considered in the top tier. Wouldnt you agree Brother Xavier?

Yes i agree
tebow Wrote:35 years of history, and he is on two of the best teams in schools history will let him by-pass a few people on the list. I think we sometimes forget how bad BL was at one time.

I think Kory and Austin along with others are weighing their options at some naia schools.

The teams in the late 80s with Jack hall and then Chuke Williams were the best teams BL has ever had....record doesn't beat the teams of recent but the competition they played then doesn't hold a light to who BL plays now. JMO.
Coach Halls team might have been pretty good, but best team ever? I dont think so.

They dont have any hardware in the trophy case to show or do they?

We can agree to disagree, back to back most wins in school history seems to sound pretty good.
You're right no sense in arguing about teams then and now...the only thing was different about those teams then was they beat teams that had winning records verses the teams BL beat recently. Good luck to the bobcats I hope they continue there winning ways.
Boo!!!
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:Boo!!!
LOL Why would you boo your own team?
I have seen his previous posts, he rides the fence alot!
i was around in the late 80s hall is as good as any one on those teams,but to compare teames then and now is just plain :hilarious:also i talked to hall ,jarrel both during holiday break and hall hasent made his mind up about his future yet and for jarrell he and his ego will most likely be playing base ball at berea. if not there football at kcu. also ithink korys name should be thrown in the hat with the likes of case, hall,blair,bushs,sturgel,d jarrell,ceicel and so forth for one of the beast ever at bl.
sportscritic Wrote:Last year some of the players did what they want, because they thought they were bigger than the program. But this year, seems to have a lot of promise. I dont think you have any EGO's on the team!

tell me something buddy, would you rather see a player with swager or players that walk around like thay are scared to death! not one player that i watched last year done anything wrong other than let there emotions run away at times. sportsciritic you seem to now alot about the program and players i sure hope you wouldnt be on the staff and get on rivals to down former players. that would be pretty bad wouldnt it tebo!
Not once have I ever downed any player at BL or any other program. Show me a post where I negatively talk about any single player.
Sportscritic, you sir are a jerk. I have private messaged you numerous times. I would love to meet up with you. Private message me back so we can meet. Everytime you post something negative just to stir the pot. Jarrell and Hall were heck of players. The bobcats will miss them next year. Critic, the offer is on the table!
Boys this is getting a little deep...keep it to the pms please.
trying to get this back on the right track. I see some on here are talking about Jack Hall's team. Can you guys elaborate on some players and what position they played? Is that the team Bud Newsome played QB on?
sportscritic Wrote:I have seen his previous posts, he rides the fence alot!

Where does he ride the fence? He speaks the truth about wins as well as losses. He IS a BL supporter and nothing should be taken away from that!
tebow Wrote:Coach Halls team might have been pretty good, but best team ever? I dont think so.

They dont have any hardware in the trophy case to show or do they?

We can agree to disagree, back to back most wins in school history seems to sound pretty good.

None that I am aware of. To say better competition played in those days? Maybe? But I think BL has to gain confidence and are doing that with wins and thats what they have been doing! When you win you make the program more attractive to kids who might not have been interested to begin with. Im sure the coaching staff has the right plans in place and are heading the program in the right direction! Good Luck BOBCATS!
excyter21 Wrote:None that I am aware of. To say better competition played in those days? Maybe? But I think BL has to gain confidence and are doing that with wins and thats what they have been doing! When you win you make the program more attractive to kids who might not have been interested to begin with. Im sure the coaching staff has the right plans in place and are heading the program in the right direction! Good Luck BOBCATS!

Good point...I have to agree with the logic if that is what they are doing.
I was BOOing you guys fighting about WHO is the better team. My bad if you took it the wrong way, I am an adopted in BOBCAT...Thanks exciter for keeping our backs..
No one fighting here...you must be mistaken...just stating an opinion. Shoot guys I support bobcat football no need with a chip on everyones shoulder.
I agree brother. I can't wait to see this year's team. It also reminds me of the senior's from last year, the senior's to be has pretty big shoes to fill. I would like to point out that the seniors from last year only had 4 home games, which might help out the team this year. The seniors will be sorely missed. Look forward to a great season. On the bright side the bobcats will play on turf 7 games, and thats great!
tebow Wrote:Not once have I ever downed any player at BL or any other program. Show me a post where I negatively talk about any single player.

not one time did i say that you said anything negative tebo.i just thought that you more than anyone would stand up for all bl players.
let me ask a question. what if bl would have stayed 1a where thay should have been,martin, adkins,big a newwsome all three stay back in middle school and get to play one more year and jered jarrell,chase hall stay at bl with the group thay had last year. how far do you think that team might have gone ? :popcorn:
Sorry heritage, I read it wrong. I couldn't imagine what that team would have accomplished. A few years back the Tyler Hamilton kid that went to pc, and the honaker twins that went to pikeville could have had a dangerous team. Because Hamilton and the twins went elsewhere Brennan case and Brandon Blair are bobcat legends. Similar situations to kory jarred and Austin hall for this past team. Ten years from now bl community will talk about hall and jarrell and among others like Martin, Adkins, and Maldonado put bl on the map.