Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia Hype - Rising Again.
Outsidelooking in, you gotta be kidding me. Tad was about 5'4 tops. Jimmy Keith is
5'11 on a good day. Hudson is 6'5 and a rim rocker. I guess Tad could of checked Hudson back in the day? NO WAY. Tad and Jimmy were decent basketball players. They are very selflish and no wonder they never won a regional tournament. SELFLISH. Two of the most I-Team players I have ever saw in my life. Where are Tad and Jimmy now by the way?
KHSAA12 Wrote:Not disagreeing with you when it comes to tad and jimmy Keith, but Hudson was playing a position he never played before last year. Originally a 2 guard back home he had to adjust when coming here to play. He had a huge triple double last year against sf(36pt, 20rb, 10dimes). I know its just south floyd but thats hard to get even if you play jackson city. And lead Cordia with 34 and 15 with a win over East Ridge. Hudson will be one of the best players to ever come out of Cordia. Guarantee he goes somewhere more prestigious then any other player out of Cordia.
I wish him the best, not one time did I say Tad and Jimmy were better athlete's. All I was stating was look at what they accomplished, defeating notable teams like Pulaski County, Knott County, Wayne County, Hazard, Harrodsburg, who finished in the final eight of the state tournemant in 1994, Lost to Paintsville 95-94 in overtime who was eventual state champs. I hope Rhodes puts a special team together, but don't belittle the accomplishments of a few teams in the past. The only district championship in schools history was in 1993 defeating Knott County Central by 17 points in the championship game. Shannon Woods, Richard Richie (Probably the best 3 point shooter the mountains has ever seen), Chas Barnett, Brad Gayheart, Shane Stanley, Jamie Hughes, Tad Brewer, Keith Combs, Bo Spencer, etc.
The_Rock Wrote:Outsidelooking in, you gotta be kidding me. Tad was about 5'4 tops. Jimmy Keith is
5'11 on a good day. Hudson is 6'5 and a rim rocker. I guess Tad could of checked Hudson back in the day? NO WAY. Tad and Jimmy were decent basketball players. They are very selflish and no wonder they never won a regional tournament. SELFLISH. Two of the most I-Team players I have ever saw in my life. Where are Tad and Jimmy now by the way?
Jimmy I am not sure. I think Tad went on to Berea College for 4 years along with Shawn Moore from Breathitt County and compiled the most wins in a 4 year period at Berea, Including one NAIA II final four.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Why don't you go back and check the records and ranking from 1991-1995, the only district championship ever at the school in 1993. Only trip to the wymt in 1993 where they lost to Sheldon Clark in triple overtime 117-116. Cordia has not seen a player close to the caliber Tad Brewer or Jimmy Keith nor has a Cordia team played the type of schedule they played.

Agreed!
Hudson will go to a college program that no player to ever play at Cordia has but look at the kid. Hudson is 6'5 and a freak athlete. If Tad brewer was 6'5 he would have been a d-1 player.

Jimmy Keith was like the Artest or Rodman of the 14th around those days. He played hard and physical.

The 93 team should have won the region, M.C. Napier down 20+ in the 1st quarter and made a comeback to advance to the region finals, my first cousin started for Napier then, but those teams were damn good teams and they had damn good players.
Is the Hudson kid a D-1 talent? I did not see him play last year.
[quote=WALL2WALL]Agreed![/QUOT

We are judging Hudson as a sophomore to Tads and Jimmys whole career as a CHS Ball player. Who says Hudson isn't at that caliber or better by the time hes a senior. Just isn't right to judge right now. And also on Hudson behalf Tad had Jimmy and Jimmy had Tad. Hudson doesn't have another player like himself to rely on.
Style of play and style of players are completely different so no need to compare players from different generations. And for who questioned what I said, I never said they were 100% the best team ever at Cordia. But you could make an argument they were 2nd. Had 2 of the top 3 players in the region at the time. They dropped off quick and had no depth is what hurt them. Early 90's team were great teams but Tad and Jimmy neither one was a top 2 or 3 player in the region.

I believe most people like me want to quit hearing and talking about Cordia hype and recruitment. After last year lets just sit back and watch them, I am a HUGE Cordia fan and I love Rhodes style of play. It's fun to watch!!! Lets just sit back and see what they can do, Hudson of course is going to be great but watching an 8th grader like Combs is what will be exciting. Young players succeed like Beverly was fun to watch, he'll be the same...and no I am not comparing him to Braxton Beverly!!!

These boys will work, putting in the time but they do need improvement. Past Hudson and Combs the role players are going to need to step up
Cordia might be better this season than last year (record wise), but I, they, everyone knows Cordia wont complete with Perry, Knott, Breathitt or any top dog of the 14th. Not this upcoming season anyways.
Chris Hudson will be in vegas for the college evaluation period. Several high profile coaches are suppossed to be at those games.
Top dogs were in Orlando, FL. How did he perform? not seen his name mentioned on any of the reports out of Vegas.
I just heard something about Cordia that I won't repeat on here until I have a "confirmed source"

but I will say this instead

ah boys...
^lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I just heard something about Cordia that I won't repeat on here until I have a "confirmed source"

ah boys...

LOL..... It's confirmed.........inside story
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Welcome to the 14th Region

Where the best get better and Cordia still sucks
^if its confirmed lets hear it brother. lol
Yes. He played well with the Louisville Magic in both Minnesota and Las Vegas and performed very well. Before that he was probably the best player for Hoop Dreams 16U team.

FIRST Wrote:Is the Hudson kid a D-1 talent? I did not see him play last year.
zaga_fan Wrote:I just heard something about Cordia that I won't repeat on here until I have a "confirmed source"

ah boys...

wow, lol.
KHSAA12 Wrote:^if its confirmed lets hear it brother. lol

I'll go ahead and say it....since it has gone all day and no one has said anything.

I got a message from a former Hazard coach today that Chris Hudson was at Hazard's orientation.

I checked with a few more people who all heard the same thing.

I texted a Cordia alum (who said it was very doubtful) and he checked it out and said it was legit.

I've still not got anything concrete - like he's working out with the team or walking the halls - but people from both schools are telling me he is going to Hazard.

Someone else let us know something.
And don't bite my head off...
I'm just passing off info.
He's hazard bound. Just didn't know what info was being passed, the altercation or the transfer. After hearing about the last og session it pretty much was gonna happen.
C'mon now....
Let's hear from all the Cordia faithful.
Any other time you wouldn't be able to post without them butting in and telling you how it is.
Regarding Chris Hudson's tansfer to Hazard: "When you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas." Good luck with that I guess, Chris and Hazard. No regrets from the Cordia faithful; just wasted a little time and effort. Hazard has always found "ways" to obtain athletes as have a few other schools around eastern KY. Nothing new.
Good players want to be on winning teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'am pretty sure the meltons still have custody of Chris. Wonder how this is going to play out.
KHSAA12 Wrote:I'am pretty sure the meltons still have custody of Chris. Wonder how this is going to play out.

This is more rumor wire stuff...
But word is that Hudson's mother is living in Hazard now.

Again - I don't know her or Chris.
Just passing along the info.
I'm dissapointed that no one has got on here and discredited my "sources" or set the story straight for us.
^ I wish someone would try to discredit "ur source"..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:This is more rumor wire stuff...
But word is that Hudson's mother is living in Hazard now.

Again - I don't know her or Chris.
Just passing along the info.

Not True, mother not involved!
Hudson is a nice pick up for Hazard, but let's not get carried away.Even with the addition of Hudson, Hazard will still have their hands full with the rest of the region. This by no means IMO makes them the favorite for the region. As for poor Cordia, this pushes them further to the bottom of totem pole.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Not True, mother not involved!

Like I said - rumor - but thanks for setting that straight