Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central fires coach
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Sounds as if the administration needs to back the coach and if parents are acting like this during the games and athletic events they can be barred from coming to the events. A coach once stated to his players "we are going to have a team with or without you, it could be a better team with you, but if you don't want to play for the team we will play without you".

One of the parents who acted the ugliest was an administrator in the Knox Co. school system.
SEKYFAN Wrote:One of the parents who acted the ugliest was an administrator in the Knox Co. school system.
Wow!! that is ridiculous
So whats going to happen?
Matt Dillon Wrote:So whats going to happen?
1000 dollar question.Don"t forget it is Knox Co. anything can happen. I have heard everything from they are hiring Coach Evans back to Billy Hicks is starting July 1st.
Does anyone know what is going on at Knox Central?
They are taking application for all coaching jobs at knox Central.My understanding all job were only advertised locally .
Does the administration at Knox Central have any concern with the kids?
From looking on the outside looking in, it doesn't look like it. I had heard 2 college boys were going to do summer basketball with the boys so they wouldn't miss out but from the "grapevine" doesn't look like that is going to happen either. If I had a child that played on that team I would just go somewhere else and play ball or not even come out for the team. Let Knox Co board members sweat a little when they don't have a basketball team. You could replace a few players but a whole team would be hard to do.

I love KC but this is a joke and people are laughing at the program... This is just one more reason why people think we are crazy! :Sad04: :HitWall:
bballfanforlife Wrote:From looking on the outside looking in, it doesn't look like it. I had heard 2 college boys were going to do summer basketball with the boys so they wouldn't miss out but from the "grapevine" doesn't look like that is going to happen either. If I had a child that played on that team I would just go somewhere else and play ball or not even come out for the team. Let Knox Co board members sweat a little when they don't have a basketball team. You could replace a few players but a whole team would be hard to do.

I love KC but this is a joke and people are laughing at the program... This is just one more reason why people think we are crazy! :Sad04: :HitWall:

It's really hard for me to comprehend how things operate in Knox County. Do they have someone in mind for the job or are they just playing the usual political game they like to play? Any chance Evans takes it if offered?
I was really excited when they hired Huelet with his atheletic director background,but it was just the opposite it was like he tried to destroy the program.Coach Mills had to fight and argue to get anything,he got tired of it and finally left.the board member in the middle of the Evans firing got mad when they hired Coach Russell and is still mad.Huelet fired Coach Elam for nobody but he knows,and refused to anything about girls basketball,volleyball and softball. All coaches are having to reapply for there job what would really shake them up is if Coach Russell did not reapply. but i hope this process cost the girls basketball coach his job it would serve them all.
Huelet was a disaster at Laurel County and got run out of town with the mob in close pursuit. I don't know why anybody expected better at Knox County.
I hope he never steps foot in Knox Co again. He has set our schools back 10 years, and tried to destroy our sports programs
Hiring tomorrow?
anymore news or anything on the coach situation at knox central high school
Have they made a hire yet?
Word on the street is Evans was rehired.
^
I had thought that was the case sense day one.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I had thought that was the case sense day one.

I heard there are some parents very upset over this news. Any chance that anyone transfers to Dinky's side of town because of this?
Good to see Coach Evans back. He is a good man and coach.
Evans rehired as basketball coach, Jeff Canady hired as A D , Darrin Mills rehired as girls coach, I can not believe the girl parents did not get anyone else to apply as much as they complain about him.
I have heard with Evans being hired that there will be some kids leave the team. Not heard where they might go. If they do leave wish them all the best of luck!!
I think all the top players were at the LMU camp.