Poll: who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mayfield
58.82%
Caldwell Co
41.18%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Mayfield vs #1 Caldwell Co
Just joking Mayfield_9, I know what they are doing too, they have been doing it all year, it's so funny when teams you've never heard of start running their mouth the year they are doing good, but there is one problem standing in their way, the big red machine from Mayfield. The 1a title always run through western KY and teams that don't play them regularly always seem to think they can beat them, we will see, Mayfield plays a brand of football they don't see very often, championship football.
missthefield Wrote:Just joking Mayfield_9, I know what they are doing too, they have been doing it all year, it's so funny when teams you've never heard of start running their mouth the year they are doing good, but there is one problem standing in their way, the big red machine from Mayfield. The 1a title always run through western KY and teams that don't play them regularly always seem to think they can beat them, we will see, Mayfield plays a brand of football they don't see very often, championship football.

Missthefield just got me pumped up. 55 will probably blush again when he reads this then slap his sons face to get him jacked up for the game friday. Mayfield sports fan will probably make his boys face off in the front yard for some midnight line training all night long, on top of the west will likely poison dreamkillers hot dogs friday night, mayfield cardinal is probably going to pull out the old photo book and reminece about him, and coach joe dominating on the line in the 80's with a tear in his eye. I think ill go to work tonight, and punch that smack talkin caldwell county x all star lineman in the face, nevermind i just realized he eats more than me.
mayfield_9 Wrote:I'm Mayfield_9, and I approve this message.

:Thumbs:
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Anybody that wants to see this year's 1A and 2A state champs play need to come to Mayfield Friday night.

I expect a great game from these two class programs. Their faithful fans should be wary of the easterners attempting to come in and stir the pot. Anyone that has seen Caldwell play would understand that the amount of plays a defense sees affects how many pts are scored. I would wager that the Caldwell D has had more plays run against them than any defense in the state cause that offense scores quick. The only game they have even come close to winning time of possession was the Murray game and their defense looked great in that game.

So I understand how you mountain boys can only get the khsaa scoreboard on your dial-up internet and fail to understand there is more to scores than what you see there.

:lame:
killbilly usmc Wrote:I see what the easterners are doing. They know caldwell is a very good team that has a great chance to win this game, so they are jumping on the mayfield bandwagon, and saying mayfield is great, and will win easy, just so they can get on here, and bash mayfield if they lose. I have seen most of the stats after caldwells games, and i can tell you for a fact that caldwells first team defense has gave up very few points with the exception of 2 games. While there schedule hasnt been brutal, they get up 50 to 0 on a team, put in the reserves, and give up 14 or so in the second half, and then everyone bashes them for giving up points to a bad team when its the reserves that gave them up. I bet there starting defense hasnt given up more than a touchdown in any game besides christian county, and murray. Murray is a good team, and i was impressed with the job caldwell did against there run. Against christian it was first game of the season, and there was a player for caldwell that kept getting beat deep, and he hasnt started a game since. After some personnel changes in that game christian failed to score late in the game.
I'm Southeast and Caldwell County is going to win Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I'm Southeast and Caldwell County is going to win Smile

If we play this Friday like we did against Russellville, Caldwell wins easy.
Caldwell scored 48 last year. They only lost one receiver.
Mayfield scored 41 last year. We lost Guhy, Mills, Jackson, and Crumble. These guys put up big numbers in that game.
55 says our defense is better this year. McCracken Co. scored 38 on us this year. Caldwell has athletes just as good as McCracken.
Would love to see this game but it is a long drive from the banks of Watts Creek.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I see what the easterners are doing. They know caldwell is a very good team that has a great chance to win this game, so they are jumping on the mayfield bandwagon, and saying mayfield is great, and will win easy, just so they can get on here, and bash mayfield if they lose. I have seen most of the stats after caldwells games, and i can tell you for a fact that caldwells first team defense has gave up very few points with the exception of 2 games. While there schedule hasnt been brutal, they get up 50 to 0 on a team, put in the reserves, and give up 14 or so in the second half, and then everyone bashes them for giving up points to a bad team when its the reserves that gave them up. I bet there starting defense hasnt given up more than a touchdown in any game besides christian county, and murray. Murray is a good team, and i was impressed with the job caldwell did against there run. Against christian it was first game of the season, and there was a player for caldwell that kept getting beat deep, and he hasnt started a game since. After some personnel changes in that game christian failed to score late in the game.

LOL apparently anybody from the east can't have opinion for or against Mayfield. I honestly think Mayfield is just a better team than caldwell by a lot.
Good luck to both teams
MountainSports Wrote:LOL apparently anybody from the east can't have opinion for or against Mayfield. I honestly think Mayfield is just a better team than caldwell by a lot.
Good luck to both teams

Truth is mayfield could possibly play with Caldwell but all the stars would have to align perfectly.I watched the murray game a few weeks ago and murray matches up with. Caldwells size alot better than we do. Caldwell is big at every key spot. As others have pointed out its true, their first dfense has very little of the points actually on them. We. Came out on top of murray when we played them not bc we were Better but bc we put the final score in before time ran out.. we were even with murray for the most part. But it seems that caldwell shoulda beat murray by a little more instead of giving them the 14-2 lead ,subtract that and caldwell moves on pretty handlely... now I must also say that I was not as impressed with CC this year as I was last.. also CC played a little over 3 quarters without their studd running back D Cain to a hand injury.has he returned yet? The passing with murray was a sloppy and should had yelded more picked balls but murray was giving to much cushion to CC. Yes mccracken is the better team between them and caldwell but here is the difference. MC didnt have that good of film on us being as the game was so early in year. Like russelville CC will be able to read and stop this dam offensive set coach continues to run..russ. had our number last week and kept us from gettin much of nothing. If Caldwell uses the same tactics they could shut us down completely. But it is football and anything could happen. Turnerovers rally tems like mayfield in big situations. Id like to see mayfield win this to keep the home streak alive but odds are deff with the tigers this year..thanks for the support mountiansports..
Hey 55 earlier in the year u said we would beat caldwell by 14... you still wanna take that bet... I will ill take caldwell and 14 pts all day.. wanna put $20 on it? I like our team but I just dont like our chances here!
I'm not sure after last week. I don't think CC defensive line is as fast as Rvilles. I think that will help us. I think the defense will get some stops. I'm just wondering if our offense can score efficiently. If we can get our offense going like it was against PT, Fort Campbell and McCracken, we would win by 1-2 touchdowns. If we can't get it to that point again, we could lose big.
mayfield_9 Wrote:If we play this Friday like we did against Russellville, Caldwell wins easy.
Caldwell scored 48 last year. They only lost one receiver.
Mayfield scored 41 last year. We lost Guhy, Mills, Jackson, and Crumble. These guys put up big numbers in that game.
55 says our defense is better this year. McCracken Co. scored 38 on us this year. Caldwell has athletes just as good as McCracken.

Mayfield could beat them but we all know Caldwell is tough.
This game has sort of earned the nickname of the Halloween surprise because the results are often unexpected. The series has turned into a great matchup. It also, thankfully, gets me out of my neighborhood on Friday night before the trick or treaters mob Paducah.
I doubt this series will remain close after this year, just a hunch.
Would say u are right but u gotta remember their second and third string has more than enough practice under their pads that they might surprise some ppl. Never knoe
So is caldwell completely healthy... D Cain?
ontopofthewest Wrote:So is caldwell completely healthy... D Cain?

Yes he caught the record breaker last week for sindelar.
I hope they put bright on josh young. He is the only reciever that wasnt a starter last year. He took over his brothers spot, and is leading the team in recieving yards, can take a short throw to the house. I have heard the 6 ft 8 pepper doesnt like to have someone be phsical with him so i hope they can shut him down.
I say play man coverage an put our bulldog , johnny Hernandez on Peppers an as soon as u see the center move the ball , let him level him one good time.. to keep him in check ....then repeat as needed...lil bit of roughness will keep the receiving corps out of sync, nobody in high school plays this kinda ball but it makes sense to me..
Sindelar never really threw to pepers in dub coverage during murray game and in several situations after gettin undercenter an reading the D he would make a gesture with hand or head lettin his reciever knoe he was coming to him.. watched him do it at least five times that I was able to catch..
ontopofthewest Wrote:Sindelar never really threw to pepers in dub coverage during murray game and in several situations after gettin undercenter an reading the D he would make a gesture with hand or head lettin his reciever knoe he was coming to him.. watched him do it at least five times that I was able to catch..

I noticed it when i was at the game. Told my buddy he is fixin to throw to young in the endzone, and he did. He wont get away with it in college.
^^^^ ya I was blown away that this was going on and not being picked up on.. surly weve watched the film and seen this.. nope wont work for him in college.. im surprised its sliding by at high school level.
ontopofthewest Wrote:^^^^ ya I was blown away that this was going on and not being picked up on.. surly weve watched the film and seen this.. nope wont work for him in college.. im surprised its sliding by at high school level.

I didnt really pay much attention to him, so just caught it the one time, but it was obvious he stared young down for a few seconds before the snap.
Dont know how familiar you are with caldwell, but sindelar has been shanking punts all year, but lucky for them in the most important game of the year so far he actually had a good one. I hope he goes to shanking them again.
Ya the punt he laid down against murray was pretty much perfection but after doing sometalkin bout that kick, it was brought to my att. that he had been shanking most the others. Well lets hope we get to see a few punts from them fri.. I wouldnt mind even hearing the word shankamus thrown around loosly...
killbilly usmc Wrote:I doubt this series will remain close after this year, just a hunch.

I would say you might be right about Caldwell falling back a little next year, you can't replace an all state quarterback very easy, they will return some very good players and have plenty of skill players coming up through the ranks. their jv team went 8 and 0 this year with wins over Christian, Madisonville and Fort Campbell to name a few and their middle school team is in the final four teams at the state championship, so it looks like they will be pretty good for a while.
For anyone wandering the streak referred to several times, it is the at home winning streak that has been accumulated over the past seven years.. This streak is currently at 46. Thats pretty darn good in my book. I did not realize how high it actually was.. congrats Mayfield!!!!
That streak reflects highly on your talent, your coaches and your officials.
The officials had nothing to do with it. Believe it or not we often come out on the bad side of the calls at home. I think the refs get concerned that people will say they are helping us and therefore won't make the calls they should.
mysonis55 Wrote:The officials had nothing to do with it. Believe it or not we often come out on the bad side of the calls at home. I think the refs get concerned that people will say they are helping us and therefore won't make the calls they should.

maybe they meant school officialsSmile