Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 32 Paintsville 21
Congrats Raceland!!
Congrats rams, not going complain about the flags.. I said it once but I'll say it again. Your a good class a fb team.. With that being said , I can't see you winning it all. I watched you play twice and I'm not impressed. Good luck down the road..
Congrats Rams. It appears after winning your first region title last year, you guys have developed a fondness for that trophy.
This is me Wrote:Congrats rams, not going complain about the flags.. I said it once but I'll say it again. Your a good class a fb team.. With that being said , I can't see you winning it all. I watched you play twice and I'm not impressed. Good luck down the road..

Well I guess you don't have to be impressed, since we beat Paintsville twice. Once before and then after they beat Pikeville. Not impressed, oh well. We will take the win and move on.If you are not impressed with us and how we played I feel sorry for how you feel about your team.
Congrats to Raceland. Congrats to Paintsville on a break out season. See you next week Scotty.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:if we had, we'd be sitting at 13-0 right now, with no doubt in my mind that we could go the distance. If we play to our abilities, not let up, and remained balanced on bith sides of the ball, we can beat or compete to beat, anyone left in Class A. If not, Basketball season starts next week. This team has exceeded my expectations already. But im still not satisfied!!!lol

:howdy: I know of a team 13-0 Scotty_Bronson and it want be pretty next week...Williamsburg is looking for win #14 :Cheerlead
All of you Raceland assistant armchair coaches need to relax and quit being so cynical. Win and advance...that's the name of the game. As long as you win and move on, the rest doesn't really matter. The coaches will take care of what needs to be taken care of.
Slic Ric Wrote:All of you Raceland assistant armchair coaches need to relax and quit being so cynical. Win and advance...that's the name of the game. As long as you win and move on, the rest doesn't really matter. The coaches will take care of what needs to be taken care of.

no disrespect inteded. just stating my opinion. obviously a win at this point, is a great achievement no matter how it is attained.
Congrats to Raceland on the regional title, too many penalties and turnovers for Paintsville. Best to the Rams and Jackets next week.
64SUR Wrote::howdy: I know of a team 13-0 Scotty_Bronson and it want be pretty next week...Williamsburg is looking for win #14 :Cheerlead

:Cheerlead
I heard a rumor that 6for sure is going to serve Scotty today.
ManofGOD Wrote:Well I guess you don't have to be impressed, since we beat Paintsville twice. Once before and then after they beat Pikeville. Not impressed, oh well. We will take the win and move on.If you are not impressed with us and how we played I feel sorry for how you feel about your team.

You should pray for those five Guys Sunday at church mannofgod..:please:
This is me Wrote:Congrats rams, not going complain about the flags.. I said it once but I'll say it again. Your a good class a fb team.. With that being said , I can't see you winning it all. I watched you play twice and I'm not impressed. Good luck down the road..

I will say at times you are right. Our A and B gaps are opened enough sometimes that an old man like me could run through. But that being said our coaches do a great job at half time making adjustments, the bad thing about that is the mistakes are already made in the first half. Coach Lewis and Fannin are two of the best coaches around and Grizzle makes a big difference in breaking down film. Sammons will have them ready next week, it will have to take a great game by the Rams and a poor game by them next week to win but Paintsville proved anything can happen against Pikeville!
that's right Wrote:I was thrilled the Rams won but if they continue like the last two weeks it will be a running clock next week. We look great a couple plays and then they run it down our gut! If Paintsville would have played a clean game and stopped all the trash talk and penalties they had a chance to win this game. The two big flags after our score pretty well gave us another score. We Have to have 4 quarters of play!!!!

I don't get on here much anymore. I've only made one post all season, this will be my second. First things first, congrats Raceland. Second, congrats Tigers on a great season, looking forward to next year. Third, thank you Tiger Seniors for the hard work and effort you put into this season and helping bring tradition and pride back to our football program. Now to the game itself. I'm not gonna blame refs for us losing game, but if you think for one second that the Tigers were the only ones trash talking and committing penalties, you sir are very badly mistaking, we are just the only ones that flagged for it. 9 Tiger penalties to ZERO Raceland penalties in the first half. As for playing CLEAN, give me a break. The old saying is true, the one who retaliates is the one who always gets caught. Raceland was well prepared for our offense. They didn't just know what plays we were going to run, they knew exactly who was going to get the ball. The defense would yell out "Dante" and sure enough, Dante got the ball. They yelled Damien, and Damien got the ball. They yelled out Kash, Kash kept the ball. It's obvious where this game was won, Raceland's scouting report. Had we opened up the offense and threw it down field, this game could have had a different outcome, but who knows, "shoulda coulda woulda".
Ramcat77 Wrote:In my opinion, we went conservative in the second half. You gotta keep your fit on the gas, man.

Conservative?.. Explain how you guys went conservative. I seen Raceland run the same offensive sets and plays that they did in the first half, with the starters still in the game. How do you consider that "conservative"
Redneck Wrote:Conservative?.. Explain how you guys went conservative. I seen Raceland run the same offensive sets and plays that they did in the first half, with the starters still in the game. How do you consider that "conservative"

i think he and I were both refering to us not throwing the ball enough. the last few games we havent hardl attempted more than 10 passes. Im all for running the ball but we are going to need to remained balanced if we want a chance at beating Williamsburg. In regaurds to the penalties, i have to agree. Part of what is different with this years Rams is attitude. This team has alot more grit and fire in their bellies than any other team i have seen , maybe ever. Not to say other Ram squads werent fired up or didnt care, this team just wears it on their sleeve a little bit more. that can be a negstive though. I also csnt remember a team that was flagged for taunting or unspirtsmen like penalties as this team has. For the most part our emotions have been held in check, but i will agree that we have a few "talkers". but like u said, its thise that retaliate that get caught 90% of the time. its hard to keep composure though when ur losing and that type of stuff starts up. I too want to commend the Paintsville staff and team. Especially there seniors. This senior group went 2-9 as Freshman. Boy did they come a long way from that. Paitsville gave us all we wanted in all but the 2nd quarter. If not for the way we played in the 2nd quarter , Paintsville may very well have been preparing for a trip to Williamsburg next Friday. But we managed to hold on. Hats off to Paitsville, you all have nothing to hang your heads about.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:i think he and I were both refering to us not throwing the ball enough. the last few games we havent hardl attempted more than 10 passes. Im all for running the ball but we are going to need to remained balanced if we want a chance at beating Williamsburg. In regaurds to the penalties, i have to agree. Part of what is different with this years Rams is attitude. This team has alot more grit and fire in their bellies than any other team i have seen , maybe ever. Not to say other Ram squads werent fired up or didnt care, this team just wears it on their sleeve a little bit more. that can be a negstive though. I also csnt remember a team that was flagged for taunting or unspirtsmen like penalties as this team has. For the most part our emotions have been held in check, but i will agree that we have a few "talkers". but like u said, its thise that retaliate that get caught 90% of the time. its hard to keep composure though when ur losing and that type of stuff starts up. I too want to commend the Paintsville staff and team. Especially there seniors. This senior group went 2-9 as Freshman. Boy did they come a long way from that. Paitsville gave us all we wanted in all but the 2nd quarter. If not for the way we played in the 2nd quarter , Paintsville may very well have been preparing for a trip to Williamsburg next Friday. But we managed to hold on. Hats off to Paitsville, you all have nothing to hang your heads about.
I'm pretty sure Williamsburg would have had to travel to Paintsville if the Tigers had won.
i think u r right
Redneck Wrote:I don't get on here much anymore. I've only made one post all season, this will be my second. First things first, congrats Raceland. Second, congrats Tigers on a great season, looking forward to next year. Third, thank you Tiger Seniors for the hard work and effort you put into this season and helping bring tradition and pride back to our football program. Now to the game itself. I'm not gonna blame refs for us losing game, but if you think for one second that the Tigers were the only ones trash talking and committing penalties, you sir are very badly mistaking, we are just the only ones that flagged for it. 9 Tiger penalties to ZERO Raceland penalties in the first half. As for playing CLEAN, give me a break. The old saying is true, the one who retaliates is the one who always gets caught. Raceland was well prepared for our offense. They didn't just know what plays we were going to run, they knew exactly who was going to get the ball. The defense would yell out "Dante" and sure enough, Dante got the ball. They yelled Damien, and Damien got the ball. They yelled out Kash, Kash kept the ball. It's obvious where this game was won, Raceland's scouting report. Had we opened up the offense and threw it down field, this game could have had a different outcome, but who knows, "shoulda coulda woulda".

Clean IMO means, No turnovers. The take a ways. I agree on flags, but the one kid was throwing punches on our one TD towards the baseball field and the ref. runs in and grabs him and doesn't throw a flag and then on the next TD the same kid gets the flag and then there is another one on that flag. I was standing in the endzone on the punches. It did happen, also the game film will show it.