Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 38 Johnson Central 14
Congrats CovCath
Congrats JC on GREAT season.

As for the game, JC played a great first half, should have scored another TD or two but couldn't convert on 4th down. LB #30 for CC was ALL OVER the field ALL night long, hell of a player. I thought after halftime when the crowd died JC died with them. When the whole crowd was standing the whole first half and was yelling JC played awesome, just seemd to me that once majority of the fans sat down at halftime they never got back up and into the game and neither did the players. CC made some good adjustments at the half, I thought Matney should have switched the defense and went to a zone or a cover 2 man instead of the straight man. CC made some huge 3rd down pass plays and that's what killed JC, that and the couple deep balls they got when the recievers got behind the JC defenders. What about Shawn Grim, man that kid is the real deal, I knew we would find out how good the JC line and Grim was coming into this game and I do believe they proved themselves with Grim having another 200+ yard game against one of the best teams in the state. Look for JC to have another big year next year with the talent they have coming back. To the seniors, you had a hell of season, I enjoyed watching you boys play. My sources tell me a couple of the JC seniors will be in the Black and Orange next year of Pikeville College, I hope to see the JC faithful up there supporting the ones who go. Once again congrats JC on a great season, you have nothing to hang your heads about.
JC had a wonderful season but it had to come to a end. Congrats to both teams and especially JC. I knew the tides would turn when Blake Johnson went out of the game but thats football. Again Congrats CCH an JCHS.
First off congrats to Cov. Cath. moving on to the state championship. And also congrats to Johnson Central on having a season that no one will ever forget! Dont hang your heads guys you all should be proud of all the accomplishments you achieved this season.
Tomcat68 Wrote:The road through the playoffs becomes much stronger. Their district is killer with Montgomery County, Woodford County, Bryan Station, and Ashland. The 3rd round of the playoffs would pair them up with the survivor of CovCath and Highlands. The 4th round would match them up with Mercer County. The state championship would be played against Bowling Green, John Hardin, Christian County, or Warrren Central.

The fact is that 5A is loaded with talent, and other than actually being in the CovCath/Highlands district, this is by far the toughest road through the 5A playoffs.

Yeh its gonna be rough for us and JC next year!
Tomcat68 Wrote:The road through the playoffs becomes much stronger. Their district is killer with Montgomery County, Woodford County, Bryan Station, and Ashland. The 3rd round of the playoffs would pair them up with the survivor of CovCath and Highlands. The 4th round would match them up with Mercer County. The state championship would be played against Bowling Green, John Hardin, Christian County, or Warrren Central.

The fact is that 5A is loaded with talent, and other than actually being in the CovCath/Highlands district, this is by far the toughest road through the 5A playoffs.

I was thinking I saw something different. If you look at the playoff pairings for 2007 and 2008 http://www.khsaa.org/football/playoffpairings.pdf The Eagles district 5A-6 is paired with 5A-7 (Lincoln, Mercer, Pulaski, South Laurel, and Southwestern) in 07 and 5A-8 (Clay, Letcher, Perry, North Laurel, and Whitley) in 08 for third round play. For the next two years at least Districts 7 and 8 will rotate between Region 3 and Region 4. We could be looking at a rematch of the 3A semis next year in 5A. I would love to see it.