Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 77 Johnson Central 68 57th District Finals
Thank God one of the JC assistant coaches started unbuttoning his shirt to fight and real class on turning off the lights during the team taking pictures. I'm sure everyone from Johnson county will be up all night from not being able to lay down from all that butt hurt
Winning district doesn't mean much I've seen too many district runner-ups winning the region....
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Congrats to SC..... They made shots when they needed to.
JC missed some FREE THROWS late in the game that could have sealed it up.

And yes... there was some SERIOUS DRAMA after the game.
I am not going to post what exactly happened.

And NO, do not send me a PM asking what happened.

This should make for a great 15th Region title game.

Ivebeenthere Wrote:Nor did they during the game. The kids decide the game. No wait when we don't win its the refs fault. When we win its our! Grow a pair and accept responsibility. Not point a vague finger !
I did not say the refs decided the game for either side......
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
You know....no excuses for last night. Kids are kids. Trust me when I say it wasn't condoned. But all I have seen is so and so did this and so and so did that! Grow the F. up. I WAS next to the court and I heard what was said. Last night. Tonight or last night. People just need to grow up. JCHS...SCHS...PHS....MCHS.......It doesn't matter. These are kids! They are NOT gonna be perfect, no matter the coach teaches. All I have seen the last 2 nights is. People giving people hell for talking hell about Chases attitude....BUT... Then talking all kinds of hell about Kash. Really.....talk about a doublpe standard!!!! I DON'T. blame Kash and I DON'T. blame Chase. They are High
School Kids with goals to win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Well sounds like an interesting night to say the least.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I did not say the refs decided the game for either side......

I thought you said you weren't going to gossip about what supposedly happened tonight? Don't even PM me, you said......they didn't have to. lol. You haven't shut up about it!
Wow, does jc really act like this when they lose? It really seemed to me like jc coaches were coming toward sc bench yelling about something that got it all started. I did here afterwords it was all over a handshake that didn't happen after the game. Smith is awesome and respectful coach and anyone that don't think so must be drunk. Those players and students at sheldon clark love him.
and jc turned off the lights when sc was taking pictures with the trophy. Talk about being respectful.
All you SCHS and JCHS fans blasted LCHS for our fans' behavior, and then I read all this on here about tonight's game. Wow. Yeah, LC should never again be discussed about fan behavior. Not even close.

As for SCHS, is anyone shocked by the behavior of Coach Smith? I don't like blasting coaches on a public forum because I have a lot of respect for the time they put in. However, there are SOME coaches that should never be allowed around high school kids because they set bad examples. I'll just leave it at that....draw your own conclusions.
Cards did what was needed to be done. Like it or not. That is what happened.. May be different come Region Tourny Time. Love me or hate me. I REALLY don't Care. But....trust me when I say I heard first hand. You SCHS IDIOTS In the stands need to shut the hell up. Let the kids decide the outcome. NOT ur dumb ass!!! I heard so much stupid shit the other night! This goes for everyone.....If you don't know the rules....shut the hell up. Cause trust me. To the ones that do...you ARE A F'N Idiot!!!!
lmao!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Damn...prolly upset a few over that last post....lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Damn...prolly upset a few over that last post....lol
It's actually kinda quite on here tonight Hook, wheres everyone at
cardsrule Wrote:Wow, does jc really act like this when they lose? It really seemed to me like jc coaches were coming toward sc bench yelling about something that got it all started. I did here afterwords it was all over a handshake that didn't happen after the game. Smith is awesome and respectful coach and anyone that don't think so must be drunk. Those players and students at sheldon clark love him.

I think personally, all the "acting" was blown a little out of proportion, like it usually is when this sort of thing happens. At the end of the day, games have been lost before by JC. Even a district championship to SC....a couple of years ago. Those coaches have never been known to get that fired up before. I appreciate the fact they were defending their players...if that is indeed the way they felt. This started before the game, with Coach Smith berating the manager from JC....then carried over into the handshake line after the game. For the coaches of JC to be this upset.....it was more than just losing this game. Especially when you talk to the coaches from JC about SC. They always say what a great coach Smith is and how good SC's team is. Even after all the tussle, JC Coach complimented Smith and SC on the radio interview after the game saying he hoped his involvement in the situation didn't take away from SC kids because they deserved to be called Champions. I've always felt the coaching staff was classy. It surprises me that this doesn't happen more often with Coach Smith. Great Coach, kids play hard for him, they may very well love him in the end, but he's tough to take sometimes with the antics. This is why KHSAA said to eliminate post game handshakes to begin with.
I knew LCHS couldn't keep there mouth shut. Sorry to disappoint you that won tonight, don't do something like draw JC tomorrow at regionals. lol Talking about Smith, all i have heard this year from you all is how your coach lets them kids do whatever they want. Just make sure dalton goes to class this week so he can play in the region. and you paintsville people, wow you all wanted to fight instead of play basketball. We may have just put BILL Mike in retirement with that axx whooping.
cardsrule Wrote:I knew LCHS couldn't keep there mouth shut. Sorry to disappoint you that won tonight, don't do something like draw JC tomorrow at regionals. lol Talking about Smith, all i have heard this year from you all is how your coach lets them kids do whatever they want. Just make sure dalton goes to class this week so he can play in the region. and you paintsville people, wow you all wanted to fight instead of play basketball. We may have just put BILL Mike in retirement with that axx whooping.

Fact: You all griped about our fans' behavior after we thumped you all at Warfield.

Fact: You all had a bench clearing brawl once this season.

Fact: You all had another incident involving fans during and after a game.

Fact: Your coach continues to curse and berate people from the sideline of HIGH SCHOOL basketball games.

So, again, what is the common theme here?

I have the upmost respect for JC people, coaches, and fans. They handle themselves with class (well, except for Bob on here).

And as much as it pains you, the truth is that JC is still the favorite to win the region this year.
Every radio interview I've ever heard smith has do nothing but compliment jc and coach mckenzie on everything they have done the past 3 years. Mckenzie has always been a class act no doubt, All Smith does is pour his heart into sc basketball and some people don't like the fact that he celebrates with his kids, WOW
This one is heading south quick, Looks like it will be shut down before morning
Kiss my a-- lchs. Hows that for Class? Yes you did thump us this year. You better be careful for what you wish for, bc if i remember correctly there was certain guard that didn't play. He's pretty good to by the way.
cardsrule Wrote:Kiss my a-- lchs. Hows that for Class? Yes you did thump us this year. You better be careful for what you wish for, bc if i remember correctly there was certain guard that didn't play. He's pretty good to by the way.

Yes, he's good. He was also good last year when LC sent you all home. But, since you want to use the excuse for losing on he didn't play because he was injured, I'll remind you Robert Dalton is injured....so if what you say happens and we meet and lose to SC in the region.....:biglmao: Stinks, doesn't it?

And you have proven my point big time. No respect at all. You earn everything you get on here. JC fans = respect. I know it pains you to know that you are not respected at all. But, you have your trophy. Congrats. Bet your glad LC wasn't in the 57th this year......:biglmao:
I got to watch a great high school game and let me tell you the atmosphere was awesome. People get on here win or lose and talk about other coaches and players. Here are some things I seen happen. The assistant from SC had to be restrained. The Head Coach from JC had to be restrained. Fans from both sides were being removed from gym. Tempers were hot to say the least but remember theses things happen when there is a BIG RIVALRY. But I can assure you one thing if these 2 teams make it to the regional championship I will be there early to get a good seat
You guys don't respect us? OMG, How will i ever be able to get over that? Its nice that you already put that excuse out there about robert dalton by the way. I hope either our boys or at worst our girls get to play. Our girls team would pound you all by 20 as well. You seriously get on here and talk about smith, His resume and career as a coach speaks for itself, i seriously doubt that he worries one bit about a dumb ass fan that doesn't have a clue about basketball. Are you jealous that martin county doesn't have NOT ONE single parent or student get on here and talk about him like all of you all have done this year about york. 99% of you all want the old coach back. FACT WE LIKE OUR COACH!!!!! GET OVER IT.
i think everything was blown out of proportion after the game. People making a big deal about nothing if i had to guess. It was tremendous game. could have went either way. Jc could easily win if they play again, but sc is good to very capable of beating them again as well.
Congrats to SC on the big win tonight. Good luck next week.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Fact: You all griped about our fans' behavior after we thumped you all at Warfield.

Fact: You all had a bench clearing brawl once this season.

Fact: You all had another incident involving fans during and after a game.

Fact: Your coach continues to curse and berate people from the sideline of HIGH SCHOOL basketball games.

So, again, what is the common theme here?

I have the upmost respect for JC people, coaches, and fans. They handle themselves with class (well, except for Bob on here).

And as much as it pains you, the truth is that JC is still the favorite to win the region this year.

Very nicely put, LCHSalumnus/dawgeers/LCHSbulldogsalum , our hero of a thousand accounts. I must obsess every waking moment and every night time dream of yours for you to include me in a conversation that I didn't even get involved in. It's touching........... and very rewarding.:Clap:
I'm not even from the 15th, but SCHS fans are really looking foolish on this thread.
cardsrule Wrote:Wow, does jc really act like this when they lose? It really seemed to me like jc coaches were coming toward sc bench yelling about something that got it all started. I did here afterwords it was all over a handshake that didn't happen after the game. Smith is awesome and respectful coach and anyone that don't think so must be drunk. Those players and students at sheldon clark love him.

Wow does SC really act like this when the win? Oh I forgot doesn't happen that often. It was all over a hand shake and what the coach said to the player that started all of it. The comment was uncalled for after a GREAT game. It was a classic game played by some great basketball players and all that should have came out of it was respect for both teams but SC coaching arrogance couldn't let that happen. :Thumbs:
I read on a post earlier in the season that JC was KING until a team could beat them and prove otherwise...well I guess they must just be a prince now because it looks like there's a new KING in town...
I will tell you this much, you posters just sold me a ticket if these two hook back up in regionals. Sounds like good old school basketball rivalries, something that has been missing from much of the 15th region since the Expo has become the regional site. Have watched a great deal of 14th region games over the past few years, they still have the heated, shoulder to shoulder crowds, and intensity that is high school basketball.
That what sucks is nobody talking about what a great game this was I hand to stand the whole time bc there were no seats available. The atmosphere was unbelievable on both sides The games are better to watch in a high school gym. 14th is lucky there's still is. It's good to have a rivalry there hasn't been one in the 15th bc JC has dominated everyone for the past 3 yrs.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Police had to remove one (that I seen) of the SC coaching staff as well as some SC and JC fans from the gym after the game was over. Some of SC's parents (not students, but parents) came over behind JC's bench and had to be removed.

Several police officers were posted on the floor to keep fans and players from interacting.

The drama started after the game.... it appeared to happen during the post-game handshake. SC fans rushed the floor, once the fans cleared the court, that's when everybody noticed there was some drama going on.

Some people can't handle loosing.... Some people can't handle winning.

I just watched the video of the end and after the game. I don't know what kind of crock you are trying to tell and why. Sore loser. The JC bald headed guy in black ran up and took the game ball as soon as it was over. Our athletic director went up to the ref and scorer table to tell them to get it back. As far as Frankie goes he stood and watched the players shake hands in mid court.
Stop pumping lies on a high school sports site because you can't handle a loss.
I hope SC plays JC AGAIN in the region and BEATS THEM AGAIN! Confusedinglepar