Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Do You Work????
I am a goat herder, lol..
I am retired.....finally!!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:spent six years as a floor officer at a supermaximum security prison in Virginia..now im an insurance agent/adjustor/investor

So red Onion You must know my current boss right now.....Mike Williams.

I work at Westcare KY. A drug rehab in Ashcamp of Pikeville. Close to Elkhorn been working there for over a year now.
Panther Thunder Wrote:first of all id love to work there later lol but are u a ref??

Nope not a ref yet, but hopefully I'll get everything together soon and take the test. I love it though. Easy job. I get to watch basketball and get paid for it. They work around my class schedule and it's just the perfect job for students.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Cali, I wanna get on this summer at the Hospital like you were last year....what do I need to do?
I doubt they'll hire you for just the summer. If they do you will probably be working at the front and not working in Physical Therapy with patients. But you can try and contact Ernest Brewer or Shane Lawson in the PT dept. at Highlands.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
alright I'll try to call them or something... hopefully they'll let me do something there for the summer....I could really use that on my application for OT school
They don't really hire people in the PT department just for summer help because they train you there and by the time you get trained on everything the summer will be over and you'll be leaving to go back to school. You can try another place though around Floyd & Pike Co., they may do things different. Or you may be able to do just observation.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Ah forget it....I'll prolly just talk to D.J. about maybe me working at Curves.
I've searched all over Lexington and Richmond for a Physical Therapy place to work as a tech and they don't really use them too much in the outpatient therapy.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Richmond sucks as far a job hunting goes....no one is EVER hiring! As for Lexington, forget that idea...could you see me driving there or more like wrecking there...

I might have to get a job this semester go...I'm trying to find somewhere that I can start working as soon as I get back from school...I'll prolly end up at Mcdonalds or WalMart.
I started drilling in 1978 and this is my 29th year.I love to read and there is not a better job to have than this for that,,,if Im drilling deep.I have a tv,fm cd, and dvd player in my drill.I never invisioned myself in the mines I always thought I would coach football and teach History but fell in Love and the rest is History.I love only being 5 miles from my job.Drilling is a job where Im warm in the winter and cool in the summer.It can be dangerous but so are all mining jobs.Instead of sitting there and staring at the steels turning I read,or watch something and time goes by so fast.I feel blessed.I just hope cilicosis doesnt get me.
CAM2006 Wrote:Sidney Coal
I drilled up on job 24 at Blackberry which is close to sidney.Driving from Louisa was not much fun.
Batpuff Wrote:Middee you need to hook me up with a job like that.
Bobby Cyrus sells drilltechs Batbuff you ought to talk to him about a job.
Cali Wrote:I doubt they'll hire you for just the summer. If they do you will probably be working at the front and not working in Physical Therapy with patients. But you can try and contact Ernest Brewer or Shane Lawson in the PT dept. at Highlands.

How long did you work there and did you get to work in Physical Therapy with the patients?
ACE_21 Wrote:How long did you work there and did you get to work in Physical Therapy with the patients?

I worked there for 5 months. I would still be there but I decided to go back to school at EKU instead of staying in Pburg longer. Yeah I worked in Physical Therapy with outpatients and also on the floor some in inpatient. It was awesome. I loved it and wish I could find a job like that in Richmond.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
So did you work with someone every day?
I worked with different patients everyday but sometimes I'd work with the same people...it just depended on who was working, the patients we had coming that day, how busy we were, etc..
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Cali Wrote:Nope not a ref yet, but hopefully I'll get everything together soon and take the test. I love it though. Easy job. I get to watch basketball and get paid for it. They work around my class schedule and it's just the perfect job for students.

o thats cool i was wondering cuz i got t'd up by a girl ref there a couple years ago at state
Holiday Inn Express, front-desk summer job...haha, it sucks.
In the summer I work at Camp Webb in Carter Co.
Panther Thunder Wrote:o thats cool i was wondering cuz i got t'd up by a girl ref there a couple years ago at state

Hahaha no, that wasn't me.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Don't lie Cali, it was! Don't believe her Panther Thunder!!

airball3 Wrote:In the summer I work at Camp Webb in Carter Co.

That was a fun place when I was there 25-30 years ago.Smile
I worked 10 years at Augusta Correctional Center in Virginia as a Case Management Counselor. My wife is still a Case Manager at the prison. We go to court on Thursday over that job and the way that they do things. :flame: I have been a Clinical Case Manager since July of 2006 for a residential facility for male MR children ages 13 to 21.

Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
CAM2006 Wrote:Sidney Coal

I worked for Sidney Coal for about 13 years, up till 2003. Which mine do you work for? I bossed at about every mine one time or another.
At the present time, I am a artist.....................I draw a check!!!SmileSmileSmile
Old school Dawg Wrote:I started drilling in 1978 and this is my 29th year.I love to read and there is not a better job to have than this for that,,,if Im drilling deep.I have a tv,fm cd, and dvd player in my drill.I never invisioned myself in the mines I always thought I would coach football and teach History but fell in Love and the rest is History.I love only being 5 miles from my job.Drilling is a job where Im warm in the winter and cool in the summer.It can be dangerous but so are all mining jobs.Instead of sitting there and staring at the steels turning I read,or watch something and time goes by so fast.I feel blessed.I just hope cilicosis doesnt get me.

i'd say 3/4 of my posts came from the inside of a drill cab lol..
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I would love to have a laptop in my drill. I do have a DVD player and a TV but I need a laptop. I spend more time in that drill can than i do in bed with my wife
Crossbones Wrote:I worked for Sidney Coal for about 13 years, up till 2003. Which mine do you work for? I bossed at about every mine one time or another.

Clean Energy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS