Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottie Russell has resigned as head football coach at Knox Central
ArchieAdams Wrote:You all obviously didn't see Knox the last 4-5 weeks of season. Worst looking football KC has had since the Smith days on offense. It seemed Knox was on the decline. It does say he resigned so maybe he was ready to move on.

Knox lost all hope when their RB went down, not to mention the several other injuries they had.

These middle school kids coming up for Knox are going to be pretty good. They better find a good coach.
From what I heard at thestart of the season was the Russell would be fired or forced out and Bart Elam would be the Coach. Good luck with that....
Dumb assery. KC should have stayed the course with Russell
E's Army Wrote:Dumb assery. KC should have stayed the course with Russell

Couldn't agree with you more. The good Ole boy crap back at it again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Goes to show if you aren't liked by the Canady's you will be gone. It not a big secret that very since KC hired Jeff Canady as AD that him and Scott never seen eye to eye on how to run the program. Jeff was always putting his nose in where it didn't belong. He should have been working on getting a girls and boys basketball coach instead of destroying a football program that was doing pretty good. I wish coach Russell the best where ever he goes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Looks like some jokers on here got their wish. Congrats to them. A shame that a dedicated solid coach got the boot, but, some jokers on here are gonna be happy now. The ones that canned him are nuts. Just this person's opinion. We'll see what cousin Ike or buddy Fred or old So and So who coached pee wee football ten years ago and lives up the hollow from the powers that be in KC can do with the program now. Good luck to Scotty and his family. A solid coach with an unjustified boot in his arse.
:lame::lame::lame::lame::lame::lame::lame:
I just don't understand how in the h#LL Knox Central can let one of the top coach in this area go...... Good lucked Coach Russell :popcorn:
Is this the same Jeff Canady that was a stud player for KC a few years back?
BoondockSaint Wrote:Is this the same Jeff Canady that was a stud player for KC a few years back?

Nope it's his daddy. Jeffery is playing at EKU
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Worst day ever in KC sports history.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Kildav is where my mom and dad took their honeymoon.

Wink

My grandfather was born there. I know it's near Evarts somewhere.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This blows my mind.

How stupid can you be, really. Im sure Russell will end up somewhere, but if he don't, id love to see him on Whitley staff.

I would too, and maybe even in the backfield Confusednicker:
panther nation Wrote:Couldn't agree with you more. The good Ole boy crap back at it again.

I agree. the cliques ruin a lot of schools in East Kentucky.
I can't believe that everyone is so surprised. Coach Hoskins was telling me and my son 4 weeks ago this was going to happen. They have been meeting at Coach Burchette house during season planning this whole thing..
Scottie was a good dude, karma sucks!
^^
Goes to show back door politics at its best
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Goes just to show how much of a ass Jeff Canady is. Force out the best coach the school has had, cause he wouldn't kiss Jeff's big butt. Hope Scott goes someplace where he can whip their tale year end and out. This was the stupidest thing they could have done. Football is going to be just like the basketball program now. All kinds of talent and a coach not worth a damn to coach them. Shame on you Jeff you just set the program back 10 years again.

No offense to Scottie because I think he's a great person, but, he wasn't that great of a coach. Wayne Mills got that program on track and Scottie never took it anywhere else. Again I don't think he was bad coach but also don't think he was that great.
RicFlair Wrote:No offense to Scottie because I think he's a great person, but, he wasn't that great of a coach. Wayne Mills got that program on track and Scottie never took it anywhere else. Again I don't think he was bad coach but also don't think he was that great.

I agree that Mills got the program on track, but in my opinion, Scotty is a pretty good coach. Every system has their ups and downs and a lot of it has to do with talent levels coming through a rural school system. What makes a good coach is what they do with the talent they have. Everything I've seen pointed to him being an excellent coach who supported the kids he had.
I think KC powers messed up in a power grab, but, the proof will be seeing where the program is in five years when this middle school class that everyone says is so good comes to the top. If they aren't winning districts and competing for regions, or have had two or more head coaches by then, this decision will turn out to be a white elephant.
papagrit Wrote:I agree that Mills got the program on track, but in my opinion, Scotty is a pretty good coach. Every system has their ups and downs and a lot of it has to do with talent levels coming through a rural school system. What makes a good coach is what they do with the talent they have. Everything I've seen pointed to him being an excellent coach who supported the kids he had.
I think KC powers messed up in a power grab, but, the proof will be seeing where the program is in five years when this middle school class that everyone says is so good comes to the top. If they aren't winning districts and competing for regions, or have had two or more head coaches by then, this decision will turn out to be a white elephant.

Agree whole heartedly, coaching isn't always about wins and losses, but sometimes about how you handle the kids and help shape them into productive men. Think Scottie Russell is a great person for that aspect of it but for wins and losses, he's a middle of the road coach. He's never won a game he shouldn't have won.
RicFlair Wrote:He's never won a game he shouldn't have won.

When KNOX beat Louisville Central at Corbin in 2015, my eyebrows went upward.
Didn't they beat Corbin in 2015? Not a lot of coaches at Knox Central with that on their resume.
papagrit Wrote:I agree that Mills got the program on track, but in my opinion, Scotty is a pretty good coach. Every system has their ups and downs and a lot of it has to do with talent levels coming through a rural school system. What makes a good coach is what they do with the talent they have. Everything I've seen pointed to him being an excellent coach who supported the kids he had.

I don't see the program improving over the level Scott took it to.
pjdoug Wrote:I don't see the program improving over the level Scott took it to.

He made it past the second round of the playoffs one time and got slaughtered... loads of talent and good numbers at Knox central and they fall short of expectation ever year. Similar to Whitley county.
Well if the rumors about Bart Elam are true then you Knox people are about as smart as our admin at bell. Get rid of Russell and Elam is the rumored hire?? LMBO wow!
redrocket Wrote:Well if the rumors about Bart Elam are true then you Knox people are about as smart as our admin at bell. Get rid of Russell and Elam is the rumored hire?? LMBO wow!

Like I said set the program back 10 years
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
RicFlair Wrote:He made it past the second round of the playoffs one time and got slaughtered... loads of talent and good numbers at Knox central and they fall short of expectation ever year. Similar to Whitley county.

it will be a long time before they make it to the second round again. How many district championships did Russell win? How many did former coaches win?
Russell won one outright and was in a 3 way tie for it another year. Former coach won 0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Russell won one outright and was in a 3 way tie for it another year. Former coach won 0

it was plain to see he had them headed in the right direction.
The reason behind all of this is the AD has plans for his buddies. Just look at both girls and boys basketball programs. Can't get a coach to stay cause there not in good Ole boys club. Same with football now. Didn't have this problem when the old AD was there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
If they think things will be better with Elam they are sadly wrong. What has he don't a Pineville? Not one dang thing worth talking about. But his daddy and the ABC daddy are big buddies so go figure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!