Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central recruiting allegations
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I don’t think the trouble is confined to just PCC. I think the Superintendent ‘s office has some explaining to do as well. It would appear that his office was made aware of the malfeasance and turned a blind eye too it. Seems to me a change at the top is needed. This isn’t the only scandal that his office has been party too
There was another Coach in the County School System last year that wouldn’t “Look the other way” with Reed and his cronies and was let go because of it. He and his wife are good friends of mine and I begged them to go to the paper but they just let it go, which I respected. Reed Adkins may be the most corrupt BOE Super that Pike County has ever seen, which is saying something. I’m glad to see someone finally coming forward...
jetpilot Wrote:Yes it is HP. I read this article in the paper and I don't see any way that this doesn't end very badly for Pike Central. I hate it for the 99% of the kids, coaches, administrators and parents there who go by the book. Vast majority of the people at PC are outraged at what's going on there. Heads will roll IMO.

Always heard stories about how shady that guy was when his kid played here.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:You my friend have absolutely no proof and you are nothing but a liar of your saying this about Coach Justice anywhere you want to meet me and bring me proof of this until then your just another person that Pikeville has beat

Dude what are you taking about? I was taking about Pike Central??? I said pikeville may get transfers from 15 miles away. Are you on drugs?
SouthEast18 Wrote:Dude what are you taking about? I was taking about Pike Central??? I said pikeville may get transfers from 15 miles away. Are you on drugs?

Sorry I meant to post that on hitter he was the one that committed about Pikeville
SouthEast18 Wrote:Are you on drugs?

LOL! No, that would be the midget ref that is still permitted to call 15th high school and middle school games despite getting popped recently for DUI and Disorderly Conduct!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:You my friend have absolutely no proof and you are nothing but a liar of your saying this about Coach Justice anywhere you want to meet me and bring me proof of this until then your just another person that Pikeville has beat

I don't know about coach justice now but he did recruit at June Buchanan.
Very interesting read. How do you pick up a kid at an airport, that no one else apparently knew you were going to do, and not get in some sort of legal trouble? Kidnapping? Also, who is this Clevenger guy? I assumed he was some rich guy from other threads I've read, but it said his wife was a cook at PCC and they were apparently starving the kid, so is he just a random dude that loves PCC sports?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I don’t think the trouble is confined to just PCC. I think the Superintendent ‘s office has some explaining to do as well. It would appear that his office was made aware of the malfeasance and turned a blind eye too it. Seems to me a change at the top is needed. This isn’t the only scandal that his office has been party too

I wasn't clear when I said heads will roll, I should have emphasized that it could mean ADs, principals, supers.
This is going to get ugly for Pike Central! I hate it for those kids that have come up through their programs, starting back in little league or before
Well the news has spread to the Lexington Herald http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...k=hpdigest.
😳
Big Don Wrote:Well the news has spread to the Lexington Herald http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...k=hpdigest.

Yes this is going to get ugly. Whitaker is a young coach and this is going to follow him for a long time after the infractions a few years ago with the football and now this Pike Central could get the death penalty and they do have the death penalty in the KHSAA but I hope it don’t come down to that
If cordia didn't get it nobody will
SouthEast18 Wrote:There's also a huge difference in a kids family taking him 15 miles up the road to a different school and bringing kids in with fake birth certificates from other countries. Kids living in pool house parents asking for cars all the above

Recruiting is recruiting whether it's from the next county or the other side of the world
hitter Wrote:I don't know about coach justice now but he did recruit at June Buchanan.

He did not recruit at June Buchanan either those boys were there the year before he got there.
The worst part of all this is there is an AD at the Pike County BOE. So the same guy that tried to ban county teams from playing Pikeville in any sport also let all this go down in the same year that everyone complained cause kids transferred to Pikeville. Pike BOE also has a super that has a child on the team that all this stuff happened to?!?!?! Bang up job up on Buckleys Creek guys, best thing to do is get a coach and an administrator that WONT let this go on. There is a right way and a wrong way to compete.
Whitaker is a young coach, Personally I think that was the plan from day one. Get a young coach that can be influenced and lead down a path. Pike County AD and Administrators should get axed for letting this happen. Though I live in Pikeville its widely known what goes down on Buckleys Creek. Its hilarious that the same year people lost their minds cause a few kids transferred to Pikeville all this was going on a mile away.
Well, that was the most interesting article I've read in a long time.
Pike Central is one of the few schools in the state that have never been to the Sweet 16.
They came close in 2004, but couldn't pull it off. I know they haven't been around as long as some schools, but they've had opportunities.

People will do crazy things when they think nobody is looking. Even if the KHSAA does give Pike Central the 'death penalty', they will probably have it overturned on appeal. Like another poster said, if Cordia didn't get the hammer, nobody will.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Hambley Wrote:Whitaker is a young coach, Personally I think that was the plan from day one. Get a young coach that can be influenced and lead down a path. Pike County AD and Administrators should get axed for letting this happen. Though I live in Pikeville its widely known what goes down on Buckleys Creek. Its hilarious that the same year people lost their minds cause a few kids transferred to Pikeville all this was going on a mile away.

I don’t see any way the Superintendent, AD and other administrators don’t lose their jobs. Wholesale changes need to be made
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I don’t see any way the Superintendent, AD and other administrators don’t lose their jobs. Wholesale changes need to be made

Remember this is Pike Co. strange things happen here lol they all could lose there kids or nobody could get in trouble I guess we’ll see myself I think it’s time for the KHSAA to do something and quit letting this stuff go on and yes wholesale changes need to be made
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Pike Central is one of the few schools in the state that have never been to the Sweet 16.
They came close in 2004, but couldn't pull it off. I know they haven't been around as long as some schools, but they've had opportunities.

People will do crazy things when they think nobody is looking. Even if the KHSAA does give Pike Central the 'death penalty', they will probably have it overturned on appeal. Like another poster said, if Cordia didn't get the hammer, nobody will.

Cordia got caught and now it’s over Pike Central got caught in football and now in basketball this is the second time they have been caught so I think it will be worse because its the second time in like 5 years
[quote=Pulp Fiction]Pike Central is one of the few schools in the state that have never been to the Sweet 16.
Mullins, nor Johns Creek ever won a regional title either.
What may be the most damning evidence is that we haven’t really seen many folks from PC on here trying to defend any of this.....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What may be the most damning evidence is that we haven’t really seen many folks from PC on here trying to defend any of this.....

I think they know how this is going to end and it's not going to be good for the PC faithful!

If anything good comes out of this is the fraud's being exposed for what they truly are. Hopefully the swamp gets drained.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What may be the most damning evidence is that we haven’t really seen many folks from PC on here trying to defend any of this.....

I think that the folks from PC are tired of it to this is the upper people that has done this hell the PC kids got pushed aside for these kids there bring in I heard the parents or pissed and I don’t blame them but it is definitely time to drain the swamp over there starting with the Superintendent and ending with Whitaker and do a clean sweep in the middle
SportsFan67 Wrote:He did not recruit at June Buchanan either those boys were there the year before he got there.

I didn't mention any thing about any 2 boys so what are you talking about? I know coach justice and he will recruit if he can. Just curious, why do you think that his team got those new players as soon as he got the job? Why would any of these player want to play for an average coach when he was at June Buchanan?
hitter Wrote:I didn't mention any thing about any 2 boys so what are you talking about? I know coach justice and he will recruit if he can. Just curious, why do you think that his team got those new players as soon as he got the job? Why would any of these player want to play for an average coach when he was at June Buchanan?

Then you do not know coach Justice. I know coach Justice and he has never told a kid to come play for him. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about when you mention him. Ask Kyle Watkins that is at pikeville now. His dad will tell you he is at pikeville because that is the only school in the area that did not offer his parents jobs and a new house if he transferred. And as for the two boys I figured that would be pretty clear since you are accussing him of things on a thread that don’t pertain to him. But it was the two big boys that played for him that transferred to perry when he left.
hitter Wrote:I didn't mention any thing about any 2 boys so what are you talking about? I know coach justice and he will recruit if he can. Just curious, why do you think that his team got those new players as soon as he got the job? Why would any of these player want to play for an average coach when he was at June Buchanan?
Maybe because he played for Petino and the University of Louisville, just a thought!
It is easy for you to talk about a man that you really don’t know Elisha is a good man and he hasn’t ask no kid to come play for him