Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell's Seth Harvey
Lol you guys are pathetic...I don't even go to Western anymore so I could care less. But last year they would have beat them badly...I don't care who beat who by what score, Western was a better team last year. lol I also didn't know that Seth Harvey was a 6'5 lineman. I thought he was a running back or something. You don't see lineman like that in the mountains to much. But anyways neither team got a ring last year so it doesn't matter who could beat who. GL to Seth Harvey and I hope he kills the competition in da ville.
cig107 Wrote:Calm down. I said I have never even seen him. I wasn't putting any team or person down. Just because I post one comment not completely agreeing with you you down the school I went to and tell me I can't "hang". BTW Western could take Russel. I don't care who they have.

Let me get this straight...You're saying Western could take Russell when they couldn't get past the second round last year. Then the team that beat them gets killed by Mercer Co, and then Russell plays that team to a 15-12 game and yet you think Western could take Russell?!? Now that's funny! Smile I've seen teams play in both Louisville and eastern KY. I haven't seen them all, but I can say that eastern KY football can hang with anybody. You're assuming too much... and you know what they say about assuming too much...:moon:
cig107 Wrote:Lol you guys are pathetic...I don't even go to Western anymore so I could care less. But last year they would have beat them badly...I don't care who beat who by what score, Western was a better team last year.

What is pathetic is that a thread about a player from Russell has turned into a my dad could beat up your dad, who's the better team kind of thread. We will never know if Western was the better team last year but even you have to admit that on paper they were not good enough to hang with the big dogs. There is no way possible a sane person could argue otherwise. They went out second round while many other teams continued to play football. If they were better than everyone else why did two other teams play for the state championship? See how this argument plays out.

Get the thread back on track!
anyway, good luck to seth at st.x this year. hope they put you on the d line and not the o line.
How much does he weigh?? I know he is like 6'5 or around that..But is he quick enough to play D-line? He looks like a great o-lineman.
I'd say after playing basketball this year he is just under 300.
Oh my god, that dude plays basketball to? With that size I would say they would put him on the O-line and leave the d-line to the shorter, stockier guys. Anyone know his squat, powerclean, or bench?
Just ask May from Belfry if he can play Defense. LOL
cig107 Wrote:Oh my god, that dude plays basketball to? With that size I would say they would put him on the O-line and leave the d-line to the shorter, stockier guys. Anyone know his squat, powerclean, or bench?

I hope he plays both ways. IMHO I think he's a real assest on defense, he'll often occupy 2 guys. That automatically means you're playing 11 vs 10. I think that is wishful thinking on my part. The best I can hope for is that they'll use him in goal line situations. Offensively (which is where I'm sure St X will use him) I think he'll do well. The blocking techniques/requirements were different at X vs Russell. He struggled a little adapting to the Russell system last year. I don't think it will be as big a difference going from Russell to X since he learned at X first. We'll see.

As far as his lifting stats, I'm not sure but I think he powercleans 220, benches 240, I'm not sure of his squat. I'll ask him later today. He was timed in his 40 a few weeks ago, it was 5.6 and he had just twisted his ankle the day before playing basketball.

I know I'm his father and all but what makes him special (besides his physical ability) is his mental/leadership qualities. He understands the game, both basketball & football. I think he has a bigger mental upside in football over basketball. He really is interested in earning the respect of his team mates rather than resting on his laurels. That is very important for team chemistry. If he works, he'll be fine.:rockon:
DevilsWin Wrote:I'd say after playing basketball this year he is just under 300.

Actually, he's about 325 right now. We took him to the HIT center in huntington. He needs to lose 15% of his body fat. That's why were taking him over there 2 days a week. He's changed his eating habits drastically for the better. It's going to be scary when he drops 50lbs of fat and replaces it with muscle. Our goal now is to have him drop to the 300lb range by the beginning of Aug. That's 7-8 lbs/month. Hopefully, he'll be able to accomplish that.
Yeah I hope he does great in Louisville. I think if he got down to about 300 lbs. he could play both ways definetly. I wish him and your family luck in Louisville. Is your family's hometown Louisville or did you guys move to Russel from Louisville and are just moving back now?
cig107 Wrote:Yeah I hope he does great in Louisville. I think if he got down to about 300 lbs. he could play both ways definetly. I wish him and your family luck in Louisville. Is your family's hometown Louisville or did you guys move to Russel from Louisville and are just moving back now?

Thank you very much! My wife and I are originally from the louisville area. Her from the KY side, me from the IN side. We simply are moving back to be close to family and a better career opportunity for me. Truely, I hate that I'm having to move, I'm much more of a small town guy, but sometimes you've gotta do what you gotta do. At least it will be a great opportunity for my children as well. By the way, Seth's squat is around 450.
squats around 720 if you count SETH... too..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:squats around 720 if you count SETH... too..

:thatsfunn