Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 51 Greenup County 0
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:I get it Greenup aren’t world beaters but that program is miles ahead of where it was 5 years ago. Johnson Central can make a lot meiodcre teams look flat out awful during the course of a game.

For teams like that, Greenup, etc.. All I say is keep on trucking, keep on building and getting kids out. You are right, many will scoff and laugh at that and losing big to a Johnson Central. What a lot of them don't know is, maybe 5 years ago they would've put a running clock on you in the 1st quarter (not saying they did, just my own analogy). Only the most in depth high-school football fans really notice the changes and quality difference in non traditional powerhouse teams. If Bell is bad, then suddenly they improve, you'll see everyone on the board acknowledge it and a lot of "They are back" type of stuff. But if you're a "never was" school, it takes a lot more work to get people mentioning your program in not such a joke fashion. I say, keep on keepin on, maybe sneak in quietly and after 2 or 3 years of solid seasons, eventually you start getting recognition. A lot of teams on here have never won a championship, or haven't done so in decades, but are on here all the time like they are 3 time back to back state champs. :-) In reality be proud of what your team is doing, and that is enough. Wins will come, and the memories are what it's all about, even above winning. I'm gonna tell a secret and some will scoff and laugh at this, but the memory of winning, even a state ring, will pale in comparison to that time your best buddy, Billy, the very good, but sometimes clumsy tight end walks into the locker room, gets his legs caught in a training tape trap someone placed, slips on his cleats and tears down a locker room shelf as he busts his a$$...Or the time that tough running back on your team refused to let a trainer see him, racked up 200 yards on the ground, even in a loss to a top 5 school, running over D1 defender prospects, then that night is x-rayed and had a broken arm! That is the stuff that matters, as far as memories.
Preach smoke!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The only team that matters to JC this upcoming week is Rowan County.

That’s not even close to being true lol.
Greenup has improved greatly. They have climbed a tier. Hopefully they will climb another tier next year and compete with Ashland and JC.
Coupon21 Wrote:Preach smoke!

Yes keep preaching , coupon is looking for any kind of moral victory after this loss , especially after standing on the field after a 7 on 7 win lol and saying Johnson Central better watch out we are gonna hard to handle. 7 on 7 champions of the world!!! Just to bad you have to pads on when the games actually count
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Yes keep preaching , coupon is looking for any kind of moral victory after this loss , especially after standing on the field after a 7 on 7 win lol and saying Johnson Central better watch out we are gonna hard to handle. 7 on 7 champions of the world!!! Just to bad you have to pads on when the games actually count
?, when did i do any of this?
E's Army Wrote:Greenup has improved greatly. They have climbed a tier. Hopefully they will climb another tier next year and compete with Ashland and JC.

Greenup won't have JC to worry about next season. Greenup is moving down to 3A next season.
So is Ashland
anotherfootballnut Wrote:So is Ashland

I wonder if JC and Ashland will schedule each other in the future?
ram-97 Wrote:I wonder if JC and Ashland will schedule each other in the future?

I would say they will be looking for someone who can offer them a little more competition. Right, prideful one?
Bob Seger Wrote:I would say they will be looking for someone who can offer them a little more competition. Right, prideful one?

No more nightmares on Elm St. I guess 😳

Ashland already said NO!
I feel GC coaches and players are working hard and improving every year. I think some Raceland fans forget what happened to them when they played the #1 team in the state Beechwood they had a total of 38 yards. Raceland fans you all need to support GC coach he came from a great program. All schools in this area should try and help these young men not get on here and put them down. That is what a class program would do..
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Ashland already said NO!

O' but they're a big taking bunch. That's the way they did Belfry too, aint it?

Anyways its good for JC, ASH-land is just one of those whiney district opponents whose fans are still living in the 1930s that you HAVE to play.JC never really got much out of this game to begin with.....JC can replace that game with any second tier 1A opponent and never know the difference.
ram-97 Wrote:No more nightmares on Elm St. I guess ��

Yep, NotsoBADCAT and the gang had nightmares for weeks before and after the JC game. That game is when they annually find out that their season is over..Confusednicker:
Football Pride 002 Wrote:I feel GC coaches and players are working hard and improving every year. I think some Raceland fans forget what happened to them when they played the #1 team in the state Beechwood they had a total of 38 yards. Raceland fans you all need to support GC coach he came from a great program. All schools in this area should try and help these young men not get on here and put them down. That is what a class program would do..

Thanks Dr Phil but beechwood is not only the # 1 team in the state they are top team in the state combined , next that was in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game somewhere greenup doesn’t know anything about , next I don’t see any greenup fans supporting Raceland it’s a hate hate relationship and I would guess both sides prefer to keep it that way
And Raceland wouldn't know anything about a state championship game if they had to play in a district with Johnson Central and Ashland. Raceland would be 3rd place just like Greenup has been.
It don't matter when you play the #1 team a beating is a beating and that is just what Raceland had in that game..
I have only followed raceland the last few years and there fans are very passanite about there football team from what I can tell and they are finally becoming a next level team and that gets fans even more excited I am a supporter of all the local schools even Gc and they are moving in a postive direction no doudt and I will pull for them in the playoffs but guys the transfer thing is how high school sports is played now the kids that are mentioned from Boyd co they was not impact kids there when the came to raceland they got very good coaching to get them we're they are now they have a very good staff at raceland and Gc is putting that together now but people from Gc knows about transfers the baseball team had a couple there self that is just how athletics is done these days parents are willing to drive the kids to these schools and every kid wants to play on the big stage and if the opportunity is there they will take
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Thanks Dr Phil but beechwood is not only the # 1 team in the state they are top team in the state combined , next that was in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game somewhere greenup doesn’t know anything about , next I don’t see any greenup fans supporting Raceland it’s a hate hate relationship and I would guess both sides prefer to keep it that way

State champ games played. Gc 1. Raceland 1.
But dont let the facts get in the way of your b.s. post.
If Greenup still runs the air raid, that's the problem. Few teams have enough quality kids to run that offense in high school.

If not, they just don't have the talent to compete at the top of KYHSFB.
Coupon21 Wrote:State champ games played. Gc 1. Raceland 1.
But dont let the facts get in the way of your b.s. post.

And what year was geenup in the state championship
fewfirstchoice Wrote:Ashland already said NO!

Your full of greenup , or poop same difference.. Ashland is going to 3A next year
anotherfootballnut Wrote:And what year was geenup in the state championship
1977 played trinity in 4a in a 4 class system. Lost 28-7.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Your full of greenup , or poop same difference.. Ashland is going to 3A next year

I’m not from Greenup or poop lol. My son plays for JC. JC called and ask Ashland to keep playing even after Ashland goes to 3A next year. These refused and said they have no desire to play JC again after leaving their district and class. These are the facts.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:I’m not from Greenup or poop lol. My son plays for JC. JC called and ask Ashland to keep playing even after Ashland goes to 3A next year. These refused and said they have no desire to play JC again after leaving their district and class. These are the facts.

No no no , I put Ashland was moving to 3A you then said Ashland refused , we are arguing about the same thing Ashland is going to 3 A and no they do not want to play JC anymore
Coupon21 Wrote:1977 played trinity in 4a in a 4 class system. Lost 28-7.

41 years ago that’s not to bad ..hahahahahajajajahahaha
anotherfootballnut Wrote:41 years ago that’s not to bad ..hahahahahajajajahahaha
How many did your rams play in during that 41 years?
Go debate Greenup & Raceland's state championship appearances in it's own thread.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed

Ashland already said no and has scheduled arguably a better team Spring Valley WVA. Ashland plays at Spring Valley next season.