Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too early 2019 3A champions
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Honestly, with almost everyone coming back for CAL, I don't see them losing at all next year. Plus, you know they'll have a few more transfer studs that'll come in to the fray. If anything, there may be a 3 or 4 year CAL run. No disrespect to any other 3A team intended, just feel like CAL will keep getting better and better and that's a scary thought. Lefors has this program on a huge rise, not to mention the resources to become the small school Trinity..

A lot of truth to that.
BUCK_WILD Wrote:BELFRY —— CAL

Bell County.

Bell @Corbin regional final: 16-42 pt dif-26
Boyle @belfry regional final: 41-24 pt dif-17
Boyle@ Corbin Semi final: 0-21 pt dif 21

By the numbers and effects of home field advantage in the playoffs it doesn’t look like Belfry is soooo far ahead of Bell county.
Based on what I saw last season I'll say Belfry in 2019, however, CAL plays @ Boyle Co this regular season so I reserve the right to change my mind after seeing them in person. 😬
I’ll take CAL
I'd honesty say Belfry wins probably two state titles in this alignment with CAL winning the other two unless DeSales has a good class come through. However, Ashland has pushed Johnson Central quite a few times so I would not be surprised if they don't push for the state title one year too. It will all depend on the cross districting and how everything plays out on the road to Lexington. Dudley, by the end of this alignment, might be able to get Bell County rolling again but I really believe there are only four teams in this class that have a shot at winning it each of the four years.
Amazing how close Belfry is to 2A. Them and Mayfield, Beechwood will make 2A very interesting down the road
Any word on bells schedule next year
bball_fan Wrote:I'd honesty say Belfry wins probably two state titles in this alignment with CAL winning the other two unless DeSales has a good class come through. However, Ashland has pushed Johnson Central quite a few times so I would not be surprised if they don't push for the state title one year too. It will all depend on the cross districting and how everything plays out on the road to Lexington. Dudley, by the end of this alignment, might be able to get Bell County rolling again but I really believe there are only four teams in this class that have a shot at winning it each of the four years.

Ashland has no chance. Dudley has more of a chance.
pjdoug Wrote:Ashland has no chance. Dudley has more of a chance.
Bell has to be considered a front runner with both independent districts in Bell Co now looking for head coaches, Middlesboro dragging their feet as I’m sure Pineville will do the same...as all the athletes head to Pine Mountain. Ole Dud at the front door welcoming them in.
Dudley will look good because of cake district and region with Corbin gone. He will get to the region championship because of weak competition, but will get tough after that.
coach28 Wrote:1A will be the best from the east in 2019
2A Mayfield Beechwood showdown will decide the championship year on and out
3A Belfry and Cal that we be the champions year in and out
4A and 5A will be loaded be some great playoff game
6A stay in Louisville forever

LCA, Somerset and Danville will be in the mix in 2a a lot of years. Maybe not as consistently as Mayfield/Beechwood, but, you can bet, at least 1 of the 3 will be strong every year.

Desales will be as strong as CAL or Belfry, year in and year out. CAL has had the upper hand the last 2 years, but, I fully expect that to balance back out sooner rather than later.

Pikeville and Raceland will likely dominate 1a for awhile with an occational Paintsville, Hazard, Williamsburg run. Possibly a Campbellsvile run occationally.
Who has Bell beaten with a winning record the past 2 years?
Wonder what kind of Schedule they will play since they Dropped Corbin in 19/20?
Belfry will dominate the East in 3A.
DO NOT count out Bell Co. It will be Dudleys 3rd season back. Bell was very young in 2018. 3A is weak and very winnable.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:Who has Bell beaten with a winning record the past 2 years?
Wonder what kind of Schedule they will play since they Dropped Corbin in 19/20?
Belfry will dominate the East in 3A.

When was the last time Corbin won a State Title? 82' wasn't it? You guys act like you win State every year. So keep talking. You guys wouldn't even play us during our dominant years under Dudley.
Bell will be very good next year! We a lot. We didn't lose a lot. I think we return 9 starters on defense. I'm not totally sure about the offense, though, even though we for sure have our QB, RB, and WR, along with at least a few linemen back. Plus 2 straight years with our boys getting an entire off season in the weight room! We will be very good!
ArJay Wrote:Bell will be very good next year! We a lot. We didn't lose a lot. I think we return 9 starters on defense. I'm not totally sure about the offense, though, even though we for sure have our QB, RB, and WR, along with at least a few linemen back. Plus 2 straight years with our boys getting an entire off season in the weight room! We will be very good!

Our entire offensive line and huge chunk of offense plus 9 defensive starters. Our big lose however was the big fullback and leading tackler. Those two will be missed but i believe our players will fill those spots even betterSmile
BellMiddle Wrote:Our entire offensive line and huge chunk of offense plus 9 defensive starters. Our big lose however was the big fullback and leading tackler. Those two will be missed but i believe our players will fill those spots even betterSmile

So do you think Bell is the early odds on favorite? That’s a lot of starters returning.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:So do you think Bell is the early odds on favorite? That’s a lot of starters returning.

I do not. Belfry is going to be really good and it sounds like CAL will be as well. I'd be surprised if Bell aint a legitimate top 5 or better team.
BellCo18 Wrote:When was the last time Corbin won a State Title? 82' wasn't it? You guys act like you win State every year. So keep talking. You guys wouldn't even play us during our dominant years under Dudley.

Bell hasn't sniffed one in years. Dudley keeps feeding people the koolaid while y'all beat up on Clay. Corbin may not have won state since 82' but the last three years they've beat Alcoa, Boyle, Mayfield, @Central, Beechwood, Danville, Southwestern and others. Teams that Bell County and Dudley wouldn't dream of playing.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Bell hasn't sniffed one in years. Dudley keeps feeding people the koolaid while y'all beat up on Clay. Corbin may not have won state since 82' but the last three years they've beat Alcoa, Boyle, Mayfield, @Central, Beechwood, Danville, Southwestern and others. Teams that Bell County and Dudley wouldn't dream of playing.

Bell is not on par right now with Corbin. Coach Hilton inherited a train wreck and has done a phenomenal job. But Bell was the worst it had been since Coach Hilton took over in he 80s. He has rebuilt the program quickly. Haddix has done an awesome job. He hired a bunch of coaches Coach Hilton had trained and has their program on top. He has had i think 7 or 8 years to do so.
ArJay Wrote:Bell will be very good next year! We a lot. We didn't lose a lot. I think we return 9 starters on defense. I'm not totally sure about the offense, though, even though we for sure have our QB, RB, and WR, along with at least a few linemen back. Plus 2 straight years with our boys getting an entire off season in the weight room! We will be very good!

Are sure about the QB,RB and WR. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Are sure about the QB,RB and WR. Confusednicker:

I haven't heard anything back in this holler about anyone leaving.
ArJay Wrote:Bell is not on par right now with Corbin. Coach Hilton inherited a train wreck and has done a phenomenal job. But Bell was the worst it had been since Coach Hilton took over in he 80s. He has rebuilt the program quickly. Haddix has done an awesome job. He hired a bunch of coaches Coach Hilton had trained and has their program on top. He has had i think 7 or 8 years to do so.

Haddix has been here 5 years and Corbin has been to at least the semis every one of those years, and if not for a fluke catch his first year would have been in the finals. I haven't seen CAL play but if they can beat Mayfield, who imo was the best team Corbin has faced outside Belfry since Haddix has been here, then I'm gonna say they stand a very good chance of winning it this year.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:So do you think Bell is the early odds on favorite? That’s a lot of starters returning.

I think that Bell County cross brackets with Ashland, Russell and Greenup next year all 3 of which will be pretty good also

Not favorite necessarily; but hopefully a strong contender in the East with a few strong classes on their way up in the near near future.
BellMiddle Wrote:Bell @Corbin regional final: 16-42 pt dif-26
Boyle @belfry regional final: 41-24 pt dif-17
Boyle@ Corbin Semi final: 0-21 pt dif 21

By the numbers and effects of home field advantage in the playoffs it doesn’t look like Belfry is soooo far ahead of Bell county.

Belfry would beat Bell like a rented mule.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Belfry would beat Bell like a rented mule.
I was gonna point out that you can’t go by scores against other opponents but it’s not worth the argument they’ll see soon enough
single shot Wrote:I was gonna point out that you can’t go by scores against other opponents but it’s not worth the argument they’ll see soon enough

I mean it’d be bad. A lot to a little. Final score. Bell better try to shock the world next year, because they’re gonna go from average to awful after London graduates.
belfry would stomp bell, they are a different level than a program like bell. Bell beats teams 3-7 by 60, but they can’t beat a quality team. I will give them Stephney is a special player, could do special things with the right team that can supply some help. Even as gifted as he may be, he isn’t enough to beat quality teams alone.
As long as Coach Haywood is at Belfry they will always be favored. He is a special coach. 12 state championship appearances speaks for itself besides all the wins. I am sure their enrollment is dropping bad. It’s amazing what he has done there.